Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kashi and DaSilva out for the season.

Comments

• Options
    Season not over but all will be a bit pointless scrape into 6th to lose in playoffs as this team haven’t got it in them, sad to admit but True.
  • Options
    Any official word on this, or is it just a rumour?

Dasilva i get as he left on crutches, but Kashi?
  • Options
    Phone Jay McEverly pronto
  • Options
    With Solly and Page in the back four, you're just asking for trouble.
  • Options
    More gutted about Da Silva who has been our best player this season in my opinion.

Not that I don't rate Kashi or want to see him injured but midfield was very much the weak link on Saturday and a change might not be a bad thing. If Diarra can still cut it its an option.

Left back is a major concern though as Page isn't up to it and Robinson has alluded to the fact he doesn't rate him.
  • Options
    Is Page even fit? I notice he didn't play for the U23s yesterday, unless he was left out with saturday's game in mind?
  • Options

I’m guessing the rumour stems from the manager last night, so I’d take that as official as you like to be honest
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

What's Gary Borrowdale up to these days?
  • Options

DaSilva is a big loss but Kashi might be a blessing in disguise. Could force Robinson to actually change his tactical approach although I’m not holding my breath.

Doubt it. He'll probably just stick Jacko in the holding role!
  • Options
    If this is true I'd say we may as well have a complete change - like others have said - string the big fellas across the back, go as physical as we can in midfield - konsa and Aribo for definite and no Jfc and hope that a combination of fosu, mavidi when fit and Kai Kai can sniff us out some chances - just be as big and solid as we can - learn from Shrewsbury - we aren't gonna no up with the team of lightweight flick merchants anyway so why not give it a go - if Robinson doesn't want to do it, put Jacko in charge
  • Options
    Scoham said:

cabbles said:

What's Gary Borrowdale up to these days?
    Get Federico Bessone back I say.
  • Options

I’m guessing the rumour stems from the manager last night, so I’d take that as official as you like to be honest
    Precisely.

Blaming the training ground for all the injuries. As one poster on here said last night, did he fall in a trench?

Page has played two or three U23 games

On Diarra, who is going to sign him? Meire, Joyes?
  • Options

Precisely.

Blaming the training ground for all the injuries. As one poster on here said last night, did he fall in a trench?

Page has played two or three U23 games

On Diarra, who is going to sign him? Meire, Joyes?
    Let's have a Ronnie Moore-style whipround......I'll print some certificates!
  • Options
    Da Silva is a huge loss. Would Mascoll be a decent replacement, at least relative to Page or Sarr?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Da Silva is a huge loss. Would Mascoll be a decent replacement, at least relative to Page or Sarr?

Mascoll is injured,but when he is fit he would be my choice as he is better than Sarr or Page going forward.
  • Options
    Someone said yesterday that Mascoll is injured
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Solly has played left back well plenty of times in the past. He could move across and Dijksteel take his place at RB.

He is a liability at RB at the moment never mind LB!
  • Options
    he's a left back ffs. God knows what it would be like on here if our 25 goal striker was ever injured ....
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I return to this country to a white out, our crap home form continuing and two of our our most influential players out for the rest of the the season. It can't get much worse can it...........Oh hang on what about the lack of developments on the takeover :disappointed:

From what I've seen of Lewis Page he's not good enough to lace DaSilva's protective boot I'm afraid. As for Kashi, perm any one from Aribo, Djiksteel or Konsa. That leaves Bauer, Pearce, Sarr or Lennon once all are fit to fill the CB and LB positions. As for the recent loan signings; Kaikai pah, Zyro yet to be given enough minutes to decide.

It will now take a massive effort from the remaining fit members of the squad to keep us in touch with the play offs. Lady Luck for one needs to get her act together on the injury front and the management team need to seriously get their act together with tactics and motivation by adopting a siege mentality after these latest set backs.

Over the course of the season so far KR does not fill me with any confidence that he can get us promoted. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be proven wrong but I fear the season will peter out along with KR who will make the new owners job that much easier to replace him with their own man for a rebuild. See you at Blackpool those venturing up again for the rearranged fixture COYRs.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Sage said:

Season is not over but my goodness it’s just got so, so much harder.

This. The season is only over if we throw in the towel.

But something ha

(Bleddy French keyboards5

But something has to change. And Robinson now has the opportunity to change things, without losing face, as he can say it's been forced on him.

Out of adversity, can often bring the formula that's required.
    Remember this time of the season under Curbs 20 years ago, Charlton were always just outside the playoffs but never looking like they could get top 6.
    Injuries and loss of form forced his hand and the team changed to put a remarkable winning run together to comfortably reach the playoffs, Wembley and promotion.

Maybe that again could happen or maybe not.
    If change should come, rather than 'throw in the towel' now, we may look back and count our blessings.

But change it, Mr Robinson. You never know where it may take you.

• Options

Solly has played left back well plenty of times in the past. He could move across and Dijksteel take his place at RB.

Solly doesn't even play right back well at the moment.
  • Options

More gutted about Da Silva who has been our best player this season in my opinion.

Not that I don't rate Kashi or want to see him injured but midfield was very much the weak link on Saturday and a change might not be a bad thing. If Diarra can still cut it its an option.

Left back is a major concern though as Page isn't up to it and Robinson has alluded to the fact he doesn't rate him.

If Robinson doesn’t rate him, why sign him?
  • Options
    edited February 2018

If Robinson doesn’t rate him, why sign him?
    Signed just prior to Fox's move to Sheff Wed Jan 2017 when we also had Chicksen on our books. Pretty sure Gallen wasn't scouting then and could have been a case of beggars can't be choosers during KRs early months.