Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Prostate Cancer UK quiz nite @ Marriott Bexleyheath

Comments

• LouisMend said:

T_C_E said:

LouisMend said:

We finished joint second, which I was genuinely delighted with.

Really good evening, well organised by the club.

Any truth in the rumours it all went off at the station later with the Museum's Youth after you dissed them. ;)
    Museum youth - we were sat next to that table and I can confirm there is no such thing.
    Oi
  • LouisMend said:

T_C_E said:

LouisMend said:

Any truth in the rumours it all went off at the station later with the Museum's Youth after you dissed them. ;)
    Museum youth - we were sat next to that table and I can confirm there is no such thing.
    Oi
    Double Oi !!!!

Another one scrubbed off my Xmas card list !

Seriously, good evening although I can answer more questions on University Challenge than I could last night !

Great to share a table with @DaveMehmet , @Henry Irving , @cafc99, @Alex Wright & co and to win Sunday lunch for 4 in The Marriott carvery in the raffle.
    I won 4 tickets in the Vista lounge for a game this season in the raffle.
  • shirty5 said:

An excellent evening with over 2 grand raised for prostate cancer. My team (in the name of our dear friend Colin Holland) won and all agreed to give the prize money (200 notes) won back to the charity.

Congratulations @shirty5 and co. I count at least 4 lifers in your team pic which proves once again that this website is the home to the most intelligent Addicks as well as the most stupid ( @ElfsborgAddick @ricky_otto @DaveMehmet )
    I don't mind being called stupid, but I object to being in the same bracket as Otto. I don't know Mehmet so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
  • LouisMend said:

T_C_E said:

LouisMend said:

Oi
    Double Oi !!!!

Another one scrubbed off my Xmas card list !

Seriously, good evening although I can answer more questions on University Challenge than I could last night !

Great to share a table with @DaveMehmet , @Henry Irving , @cafc99, @Alex Wright & co and to win Sunday lunch for 4 in The Marriott carvery in the raffle.
    I won 4 tickets in the Vista lounge for a game this season in the raffle.
    Was that the booby prize?
  • shirty5 said:

An excellent evening with over 2 grand raised for prostate cancer. My team (in the name of our dear friend Colin Holland) won and all agreed to give the prize money (200 notes) won back to the charity.

Congratulations @shirty5 and co. I count at least 4 lifers in your team pic which proves once again that this website is the home to the most intelligent Addicks as well as the most stupid ( @ElfsborgAddick @ricky_otto @DaveMehmet )
    I don't mind being called stupid, but I object to being in the same bracket as Otto. I don't know Mehmet so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Nah, I’m stupid mate.
  • I won a champagne afternoon tea at the Hilton Greenwich in the raffle
  • Some questions from last night

Who is this?

• Sponsored links:

• What place did Dick Upex secure in Charlton history in 1920/21 v Catford Southend?

Who was the first Charlton played to win an international cap?

And who was the second and how long between the two? ( Bonus question not from last night)

Who has scored the most Prem goals for Charlton?

Who has scored most goals in a season for Charlton?

Killers goal of the season v Hull was part of a hat trick but which goal, 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

What has been our fastest goal this season?

Kashi has run more than any player this year but whose run the third most?

Who finished runners up in love Island

How old was the youngest British soldier in WW1?

How many troops were rescued from Dunkirk?

To the closest 5% how many of the human population live in the northern hemisphere?
  • Challenge you to answer this one correctly WITHOUT consulting Google, dictionary etc.

What is Omphalophobia ?
  • edited February 2018
    shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Thought Scott Minto played an absolute blinder. Felt a bit sorry for KR though when Scott tried to "big him up "and everyone stayed silent

Did go very quiet at the moment
    Was it a tumbleweed moment where everyone looked down at their hands and fiddled before Scott smoothly carried on talking to take the chill out of the air
    Bar one fella shouting out 'Love you Karl' it was very much like that
    It wasn’t me. I was on the team that finished in a glorious second place. Although I arrived a couple of hours late, and had little to do with it.
    Had a nice chat with Keith Peacock.
  • Challenge you to answer this one correctly WITHOUT consulting Google, dictionary etc.

What is Omphalophobia ?

i literally only know because of a recent visit to the science museum and i have a slight phobia myself.
  • Some questions from last night

Who is this?

Clue. His namesake is a regular on here.
  • JamesSeed said:

Some questions from last night

Who is this?

Ricky Otto
  • Seth Plumb ?
  • JamesSeed said:

Who is this?

Doucher? I can see in his eyes he’s wondering if his friend has lied to him again....
  • JamesSeed said:

Who is this?

No he's not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seth Plumb ?

Nope
  • Dick Plumb
  • Looks like a young Henry Irving to me.
  • Looks like a young Henry Irving to me.

You could be right. He looks about mid-30s there so the numbers would stack up.
  • I love the shorts just under his chest.
  • I love the shorts just under his chest.

Modelled my hot pants on those passion killers.....
  • edited February 2018

I love the shorts just under his chest.

Modelled my hot pants on those passion killers.....
    There's too many jokes here, but I'd better not go there.
  • edited February 2018

Seth Plumb ?

Nay!
  • edited February 2018

JamesSeed said:

Who is this?

No he's not.
    Quite right. He's too Omphalophobic to come on here. (I was mixing him up with our first international).