Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So Arsene Wenger could become...

13»

Comments

• Options

Doesn't matter who they replace Wenger with if ManC and ManU outspend Arsenal by £100-200M per year in the transfer market.

It's not how much you spend, it's how you spend it.

Arsenal spent close to 200m on Aubameyang, Lacazette, Mustafi, Xhaka and Welbeck.

For the same amount of money (and taking players from similar positions to the 5 Arsenal players above), City got Aguero, Jesus, Laporte, Gundogan and De Bruyne.
    Totally agree.

Chelsea spent just £11m for Salah but he only started 6 League games for them - he then scored 43 goals 104 starts for Fiorentina and Roma before ending up with Liverpool this season for £34m where he has already netted 31 times. Current worth £100m plus.

Equally De Bruyne cost Chelsea only £6.7m but started just 2 League games before being offloaded. City signed him for £55m and is currently worth £100m plus

And finally Pogba was a trainee at Man United and they had to let him go on a free to Juventus because they hadn't locked him into a contract. So what do they do? Spend almost £90m to buy him back and now he struggles to hold down a place in the side. Current worth £50m if they are lucky.

So it is easy to keep pointing the finger at money spent. But if you buy them early enough, allow them to mature and coach them in the right way they will become more than just financial assets.
  • Options
    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he questioned the lack of injury time just before the end of his side's 3-0 Carabao Cup final defeat by Manchester City - but claims the fourth official asked him: "Why do you want more time?" (Telegraph)
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Gary Neville certainly not sitting on the fence about how shite Arsenal are! :smiley:

Yeah because he was such a success as a manager himself
    Yeah because he can't have an opinion on how shite a team are just because he wasn't a good manager?
  • Options

i hate arsenal its more there fans that do it, but in reality would of been funny if they won yesterday, the money that the manchester clubs both have means that it will become normal for them to win most things, yet grass roots football in this country doesn't get a penny, been ruined by the TV companies,really do fear what it will be like in 20 years just look at league 1 how many grounds have a decent crowd, that's nothing to do with protests etc.

Are they are bad as Shrewsbury fans though PH?

Is there anyone you like? :sunglasses:
  • Options

i hate arsenal its more there fans that do it, but in reality would of been funny if they won yesterday, the money that the manchester clubs both have means that it will become normal for them to win most things, yet grass roots football in this country doesn't get a penny, been ruined by the TV companies,really do fear what it will be like in 20 years just look at league 1 how many grounds have a decent crowd, that's nothing to do with protests etc.

haha there are plenty i dont mind, in a lot of the derbies theres often a side i wouldnt mind winning, blades over weds, rovers over bristol city, arsenal fans quite often refer to any team they lose to who aren't in the top 4 as a pub team.
  • Options

arsenal fans quite often refer to any team they lose to who aren't in the top 4 as a pub team.
    Pretty accurate description of us at the moment to be fair.

• Options

haha there are plenty i dont mind, in a lot of the derbies theres often a side i wouldnt mind winning, blades over weds, rovers over bristol city, arsenal fans quite often refer to any team they lose to who aren't in the top 4 as a pub team.
    Because a lot of their fans I consider to be new football fans, who have only discovered football since the Premier League was introduced, who ain't got a clue about the history of other clubs, big or small, and therefore don't have any respect for them.

That's why I fuckin hate modern top flight football and would love to see the likes of Spurs and Arsenal come down to the Championship for a couple of seasons.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

arsenal fans quite often refer to any team they lose to who aren't in the top 4 as a pub team.
    Pretty accurate description of us at the moment to be fair.

• Options
    Arsene Wenger could soon become entirely irrelevant
  • Options

Because a lot of their fans I consider to be new football fans, who have only discovered football since the Premier League was introduced, who ain't got a clue about the history of other clubs, big or small, and therefore don't have any respect for them.

That's why I fuckin hate modern top flight football and would love to see the likes of Spurs and Arsenal come down to the Championship for a couple of seasons.
    Most of them don't have a clue about the history of Arsenal either mate. Ask them about their "promotion" in 1919...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Arsenal fans now my age (27) have grown up with arsenal being pretty good so for them now there taking a step back - i get it they moved to the emirates to compete with top end and they haven't.

but then there lucky to have a club to support.