Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Let's just all calm down here...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Oakster said:

Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

This isn't a reaction to one bad result. I've been more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

We've been poor since November. Something like 21 points in 18 games is barely good enough to avoid relegation.

Things came to a head for me yesterday because it was there for all to see what a decent manager can do and that was the final nail in KR's coffin. They didn't just beat us, they completely outplayed us.

This.

We have been dreadful for a long time now. Walsall at home was about the only game I can remember thinking we played ok.

The Manager has had long enough to realise his formation doesn’t work.... but he persists with it. He continues to pick players that are not good enough / struggling.

We don’t score enough goals, always look like we are going to concede and the game management is appalling.

If and when a new owner comes in, the first job has to be to tell Robinson his contract has been terminated.
    What is it about the formation, as opposed to the players or patterns of play or defensive rigidity, that is not working?
    Knowing Ricky & having been to many a match with him - I don't think he's going to be analyzing patterns of play or degrees of defensive rigidity!

He know's his stuff & I trust his judgement 100%

You don't need a Masters Degree in Football Tactics to have sussed that Robinson is not the right manager to take us forward & 17 points from the last 16 games is not acceptable.
    I should also add that @ricky_otto committed some of the worse fouls I have ever witnessed on a football pitch - every week!
    I can’t really argue that one mate.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

What yesterday confirmed for me was, should we by some fluke, finish in a play-off position. We would get slapped by any other team we faced.

Agree....can see the top 3 being promoted, but both Rotherham and Plymouth are on form and would make life difficult for the team that misses out on automatic promotion.
  • Options

Daggs said:

What yesterday confirmed for me was, should we by some fluke, finish in a play-off position. We would get slapped by any other team we faced.

Agree....can see the top 3 being promoted, but both Rotherham and Plymouth are on form and would make life difficult for the team that misses out on automatic promotion.
    We will need to hit some kind of form between now and then to make that playoffs, and a lot can change in ten weeks.

We've now played everyone. I really hope Wigan and Shrewsbury get automatic promotion. They've looked the two best sides we've played, and capable of overwhelming us in midfield which we really struggle against.
  • Options
    It really is frustrating that we cannot get a winning run going for more than 2-3 games,but games do change very quickly,before we got done at home to Wigan we were for 20 minutes the better team and hit the bar,we could easily have been 2 up in 5 minutes on saturday.I think heads drop when things dont go our way and we then allow the opposition to take the game over.So many times we have failed to kill teams off,lost focus and paid the price.
  • Options
    One simple problem is there's to many loan players and not enough players who play for the Charlton badge and know what it means to be a Charlton player! Jackson ,Solly and probably the youngsters have the we play for the badge love for the club but as we know Jacko and Sols legs are going !
  • Options
    Are you having a laugh -Dasilva is probably Player of the season so far.Amos has been good to..The guy from Arsenal has again been unlucky with injuries but hopefully will come back for the key part of the season.Do you go to the games?
  • Options

Are you having a laugh -Dasilva is probably Player of the season so far.Amos has been good to..The guy from Arsenal has again been unlucky with injuries but hopefully will come back for the key part of the season.Do you go to the games?

Amos has been my POTY.
  • Options

Ok so we wern't at the races yesterday. But prior to then for the past few weeks we have been playing better. Even in the games we were getting pegged back in. I think yesterday's performance is a one off and we will play a lot better next week. Hopefully result to match.

The past few weeks mean nothing. Look at our form throughout the season, and throughout last season under Robinson. It's patchy. We are not going to get promoted, we'll be lucky if we even end up in the top six. You can try to put a positive spin on things all you like, but essentially you are just denying the truth to yourself. We are an average team with a manager who appears to be fumbling around in the dark rather than making bold and confident decisions that win us matches.
  • Options

Let's just analyse this in calm, mature and adult manner. So we weren't good enough on the day. So what it happens. It's first poor one for a few weeks, since Gills.

I have a pragmatic philosphy. It's to analyse why we didn't perform to the best of our abilities. We simply lost our coolness when Shrewsbury managed to get a foothold in the game. We have to remember they are in the top two and play a high pressing, play in your face game. I think the reason why we didn't play the way Karl wanted is because maybe we lost a bit of patients playing their way and reverted to what we are best at. But yes we need to be more patient at that type of game and work on improving on it. It certainly wasn't a dishonest non caring performance by any stretch.

This is the business end of the season when we look to losses into a least a draw and a draw into a win. We were doing it earlier in the season. It's creapt out a wee bit recently. But hopefully we can start doing it again. It is important in this period that players and fans alike keep a calm attitude.

This is at least your second thread telling everyone to calm down because it's just one bad performance. I think the problem is you've confused complacently watching the team under-perform given its resources for helpful positivity. Shrugging your shoulders every time we play crap and claiming everyone else is overreacting just ignoring the problems that need dealing with. I haven't been to The Valley in a good few games thanks to Roland, but telling the people who go every week to calm down when they watch a crock of shit isn't too helpful
    Sometimes we need to be more rational.
    Well actually, that’s my point; just sitting on your hands, smiling through gritted teeth and not reacting to the problems is irrational. You’ve made the curious decision that not reacting to problems in front of you is calm and rational and that everyone else pointing out that change is needed is stupid and reactive. You are wrong, and telling everyone else in the room they’re thick for being concerned while it fills with smoke isn’t too clever.
  • Options

Amos has been my POTY.
    I had serious doubts about him in his first couple of games but since then he's been excellent. Player of the season for me by a long way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Amos has been my POTY.
    What are you basing that on ? How many Charlton games have you seen this season ?
  • Options

Amos has been my POTY.
    What are you basing that on ? How many Charlton games have you seen this season ?
    Hahahah fucked you there elfs
  • Options

Amos has been my POTY.
    First time he’s had that experience for about 30 years.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Amos has been my POTY.
    First time he’s had that experience for about 30 years.
    May your next poo be a hedgehog Otto, and you Blackpool, and you Covered End.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Amos has been my POTY.
    Gillingham away mate.

I do read the match reports avidly to build up a mental picture as well.

I'm doing Bristol so hoping he can produce another screamer to justify my vote.
  • Options

Amos has been my POTY.
    Gillingham away mate.

Classic. Amos is your POTY based on Gillingham A :wink:
  • Options

Let's just analyse this in calm, mature and adult manner. So we weren't good enough on the day. So what it happens. It's first poor one for a few weeks, since Gills.

I have a pragmatic philosphy. It's to analyse why we didn't perform to the best of our abilities. We simply lost our coolness when Shrewsbury managed to get a foothold in the game. We have to remember they are in the top two and play a high pressing, play in your face game. I think the reason why we didn't play the way Karl wanted is because maybe we lost a bit of patients playing their way and reverted to what we are best at. But yes we need to be more patient at that type of game and work on improving on it. It certainly wasn't a dishonest non caring performance by any stretch.

This is the business end of the season when we look to losses into a least a draw and a draw into a win. We were doing it earlier in the season. It's creapt out a wee bit recently. But hopefully we can start doing it again. It is important in this period that players and fans alike keep a calm attitude.

This is at least your second thread telling everyone to calm down because it's just one bad performance. I think the problem is you've confused complacently watching the team under-perform given its resources for helpful positivity. Shrugging your shoulders every time we play crap and claiming everyone else is overreacting just ignoring the problems that need dealing with. I haven't been to The Valley in a good few games thanks to Roland, but telling the people who go every week to calm down when they watch a crock of shit isn't too helpful
    Well actually, that’s my point; just sitting on your hands, smiling through gritted teeth and not reacting to the problems is irrational. You’ve made the curious decision that not reacting to problems in front of you is calm and rational and that everyone else pointing out that change is needed is stupid and reactive. You are wrong, and telling everyone else in the room they’re thick for being concerned while it fills with smoke isn’t too clever.
    OK so I don't agree with calling any reaction irrational, it's wholly subjective.

I'm curious what you think the appropriate reaction here is gm?
  • Options

Amos has been my POTY.
    Gillingham away mate.

You got as much right as anyone else to pick a POTY. I’m going for Holmes, saw him for 5 minutes back in October on Channel 5’s Goal Rush he was unplayable. Admittedly haven’t seen him lately but no doubt he’s still doing the business for us.
  • Options

I think @AddickFC81 is trying to carve out a niche for himself on this site, I'm not even sure he even believes the stuff he's writing himself.
  • Options
    JFC probably has the edge for me for POTY.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nug said:

Amos has been my POTY.
    Gillingham away mate.

You got as much right as anyone else to pick a POTY. I’m going for Holmes, saw him for 5 minutes back in October on Channel 5’s Goal Rush he was unplayable. Admittedly haven’t seen him lately but no doubt he’s still doing the business for us.
    A vote is a vote mate.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think @AddickFC81 is trying to carve out a niche for himself on this site, I'm not even sure he even believes the stuff he's writing himself.
    I'm pretty sure he does.
  • Options
    edited February 2018