Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tour of New Zealand, 2017/18 (with no cricket in 2017)

Comments

• We were playing Non Stop Cricket went it was our turn to bat.
  • edited March 2018

Anyone know when the dates for the Sri Lanka tour will be released? Really fancy popping over for some of that.

Yes, me too, though I might have to do the ODIs in Kandy due to a business event in November that I ought to attend. This is what I received from Red Dot Tours who organised tickets for me last time I saw England in Sri Lanka.

Test Matches

Galle (6th to 10th November 2018), Kandy (14th to 18th November 2018) and Colombo (23rd to 27th November 2018).

ODIs

Dambulla (10th October 2018), Dambulla (14th October 2018), Kandy (17th October 2018), Kandy (20th October 2018) and Colombo (24th October 2018).

T20

Colombo (27th October 2018).

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12173/11290550/england-schedule-for-sri-lanka-tour-confirmed

Tour dates confirmed for Sri Lanka
  • Big thanks to @thai malaysia addick for the tip off on dates. We managed to get the villa we wanted booked in Galle. Just got in time. If we had waited until official announcement we would have missed it. Owe you a couple of beers!
  • redman said:

Big thanks to @thai malaysia addick for the tip off on dates. We managed to get the villa we wanted booked in Galle. Just got in time. If we had waited until official announcement we would have missed it. Owe you a couple of beers!

Great to hear. I'm hoping to get to Galle as it should fit in with my business trip around Asia.
  • Mason Crane out with a stress fracture. Jack Leach finally gets a call up to the full squad. Although I don't see him playing a part ?
    Seems as if Stokes will come in for Overton and we go with Ali at 8 Woakes 9 etc...

Vince supposidly getting another chance too even after Livingstone top scoring in the warm up match.
  • I see they've also taken the new ball off of Broad ! Good decision in my opinion...
  • I see they've also taken the new ball off of Broad ! Good decision in my opinion...

Broad's reaction was a little off.

• Leach will have no practice matches before the Tests anyway, so the chances of him playing are minimal
  • @Danepak and I will be at the test this weekend. Keep an eye out for our Charlton flag!
  • jamescafc said:

@Danepak and I will be at the test this weekend. Keep an eye out for our Charlton flag!

A drone and a Roland Out flag would be epic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent WWE stuff there
  • edited March 2018

Leach will have no practice matches before the Tests anyway, so the chances of him playing are minimal

Another England spinner, Dawson, has had plenty of match practice. In fact, he has just bowled the last over of a PPL match with the opposition 133-8 and needing 25 to win - went for 22 off the first five balls and the last one was dropped on the boundary. The ball almost trickled for four before the batsman was run out trying to get the second run to tie the match.
  • Leach will have no practice matches before the Tests anyway, so the chances of him playing are minimal

Another England spinner has had plenty of match practice. In fact, he has just bowled the last over of a PPL match with the opposition 133-8 and needing 25 to win - went for 22 off the first five balls and the last one was dropped on the boundary. The ball almost trickled for four before the batsman was run out going for a second to tie the match.
    Exciting stuff! Not sure Dawson is the answer though

He's been playing for England Lions
  • edited March 2018
    Scotland are giving themselves a chance of qualifying for the WC next year by beating the Windies who are 169-6 off 42. If the Windies do lose and Zimbabwe beat the UAE tomorrow then the Windies will fail to qualify for the WC.

Such a shame that the WC won't be including next year not just possibly the Windies but also the likes of Afghanistan, Ireland etc etc.
  • I guess the idea was to give the second-rank nations their own higher-profile tournament - in that sense, it's been a success, although I fully understand the frustration
  • Leuth said:

I guess the idea was to give the second-rank nations their own higher-profile tournament - in that sense, it's been a success, although I fully understand the frustration

Higher profile definitely but Sky will have only covered five or six of the matches by the time the tournament finishes so the exposure is not as great as it might have been.
  • Windies 198 all out after being 2-2 and then 123-2. A very West Indian innings and Stuart Law looks like he is one very unhappy coach!
  • Leuth said:

I guess the idea was to give the second-rank nations their own higher-profile tournament - in that sense, it's been a success, although I fully understand the frustration

Higher profile definitely but Sky will have only covered five or six of the matches by the time the tournament finishes so the exposure is not as great as it might have been.
    I think it's definitely done its bit to shift the narrative. A few more sides will now be regarded as 'proper' ODI outfits
  • Sponsored links:

• And by 'proper' I mean 'watchable'
  • Anyway, probably the most important three hours of Jason Holder's career so far coming up. I'm backing him. Not sure I'm backing his teammates though
  • wmcf123 said:

Leach will have no practice matches before the Tests anyway, so the chances of him playing are minimal

He's been playing for England Lions
    A different country and conditions though.
  • Scotland 27-3, the 199 looks a long way away at the moment
  • As the Windies found, it does get easier once the white ball has gone soft so really just need to hang in there for now.
  • Game on! Scotland 102-4 meaning that they need 97 off the last 20.
  • Your wicket there, AA
  • Idiocy to not have DRS in this tournament mind
  • Leuth said:

Idiocy to not have DRS in this tournament mind

The problem is that they don't have TV cameras at almost all of the games. In the weekly round up from ICC 360 they showed highlights from just two of the games and the final wicket from the Scotland v Zimbabwe tie that was taken by a mobile phone! Not saying I agree but, they probably feel that you can't have it for a few games and not for all of them - even if these are the crucial matches.
  • Oh dear rain. Scotland at 125-5 off 35.2 and 6 runs short of being in front under D/L. Hopefully it blows away.