Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC 0 SHREWS 2 - 24/02/2018 POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Hats off to the Shews. They rarely gave the ball away and looked a solid well drilled outfit; the best I've seen this season (missed the Wigan home game). Our team is too small and vulnerable at corners and their second goal from a corner just killed us off. I felt really sorry for all the dads bringing their little tots to the Valley today. What a disappointment but not altogether surprising. Nice to have a large crowd but Shrewsbury had a team and as Henry said, we had a bunch of individuals. I thought Aribo did quite well at full back. At least he won a few tackles and the penalty save was amazing. JFC missed the easiest chance in the first few minutes. Oh and Fosu sizzled when he came on. That was about it really.
  • As @bazjonster said, that was just like Wigan, bar the first 5 minutes today. Men against boys. A team and a club with purpose, and ambition, versus us. That's the season over, I think.

Roland Out Today.

Season over? A bit of an overreaction I think considering we're one point outside the playoffs with two games in hand....
  • Robinson blaming his players again.

• Missed it today. Family Christmas lunch (I know!). Glad.
  • At least Ebbsfleet won.
  • cafctom said:

As @bazjonster said, that was just like Wigan, bar the first 5 minutes today. Men against boys. A team and a club with purpose, and ambition, versus us. That's the season over, I think.

Roland Out Today.

Season over? A bit of an overreaction I think considering we're one point outside the playoffs with two games in hand....
    Have you watched Charlton play recently or taken into account what a poor run we're in - barely above relegation form. Most of our points were gained earlier in the season...
  • Sponsored links:

• Karl has been very honest in his assessment. What do fans want Karl to say. He can't say anymore than that.

No we weren't good enough on the day. No we didn't find our form. Especially when Shrewsbury managed to click into their game. What do people want? Have their arses licked? C**** sucked? What?

• cafc-west said:

Missed it today. Family Christmas lunch (I know!). Glad.

Getting it in early then? Trying to beat the crowds?
  • Karl has been very honest in his assessment. What do fans want Karl to say. He can't say anymore than that.

No we weren't good enough on the day. No we didn't find our form. Especially when Shrewsbury managed to click into their game. What do people want? Have their arses licked? C**** sucked? What?

What are you talking about?
  • edited February 2018
    Quite a few overreactions.

I was confident we'd lose and we lost.

Here's my run down player by player, I was pretty much on the halfway line:

Amos 6 - Not commanding in the box first half, but did well with the penalty and the immediate second save. Not sure he could do much with either goal.

Solly 4 - lumps the ball forward every time wasteful, needs to learn to play it short more often. He always stands off his man and the lost pace over the last few years is really showing.

Konsa 6 - Bad start grew into the game - far more reliable than pearce.

Pearce 5 - Slow to react for most things, pushed players in the back, tackles were late and untidy.

Da Silva 6 - Great player was trying to do too much too often - Hope he's not too badly hurt.

Kaikai 3- Crap. Runs about, doesn't put a foot in, doesn't do anything with the ball.

JFC 3- Not a good game - Unneeded booking. Didn't do much right today.

Aribo 3 - Worked hard, nothing came off. Looked like an academy prospect in a struggling side.

Kashi 6 - Worked hard won tackles, got kicked about, passes weren't fantastic but he was constantly working to close and break up attacks - was started on by 3 players to start off the little ruck.

Marshall 3 - see Kaikai

Magennis 4 - Gives other players orders of where and how to play the ball then doesn't win them, can't doubt his desire and determination. Battles, but goal scoring is his main duty.

Fosu 5 - Not a lot of time to change the game and came on when we were behind.

Ajose 6 - Came on and worked his nuts off, sure he didn't score, but he covered from attacking position to get back before the defence on 2 or 3 occasions

Robinson 3 - Shite structure, plan and outcome

Zyro na - What's the point?

Referee 3 - Was laughing with their players before, during and after the game and somehow only booked charlton players when one of the Shrewsbury players grabbed Kashi by the throat?! Wanker.

Shrewsbury had a pre game ritual that went on for a full minute or so where the coach was shouting motivational crap at them as they did a sprints exercise, seemed to really psych them up. Hope their defender is okay.

They came with a plan and carried it out.
  • Got some cracking home games to come.. Apart from Fleetwood everyone else above us.
  • I genuinely hope Shrewsbury go up this season, fair play to them, by far the best team we have played this season! A very physical but also extremely fair and honest side! What a job Paul Hurst has done, a magnificent job!

As for our lot, completely and utterly bottled it! We are knowhere near good enough or consistent enough to make the playoffs! Same again next season!
  • Absolute shit, forget about playoffs
    Stand out shit - Kalkaie, worst I have ever seen in the shirt.
    Robinson, has to go asap, clueless tosser !!!
  • edited February 2018
    cafc-west said:

Missed it today. Family Christmas lunch (I know!). Glad.

I think the players had their Christmas lunch today as well
  • Dazzler21 said:

Quite a few overreactions.

I was confident we'd lose and we lost.

Here's my run down player by player, I was pretty much on the halfway line:

Amos 6 - Not commanding in the box first half, but did well with the penalty and the immediate second save. Not sure he could do much with either goal.

Solly 4 - lumps the ball forward every time wasteful, needs to learn to play it short more often. He always stands off his man and the lost pace over the last few years is really showing.

Konsa 6 - Bad start grew into the game - far more reliable than pearce.

Pearce 5 - Slow to react for most things, pushed players in the back, tackles were late and untidy.

Da Silva 6 - Great player was trying to do too much too often - Hope he's not too badly hurt.

Kaikai 3- Crap. Runs about, doesn't put a foot in, doesn't do anything with the ball.

JFC 3- Not a good game - Unneeded booking. Didn't do much right today.

Aribo 3 - Worked hard, nothing came off. Looked like an academy prospect in a struggling side.

Kashi 6 - Worked hard won tackles, got kicked about, passes weren't fantastic but he was constantly working to close and break up attacks - was started on by 3 players to start off the little ruck.

Marshall 3 - see Kaikai

Magennis 4 - Gives other players orders of where and how to play the ball then doesn't win them, can't doubt his desire and determination. Battles, but goal scoring is his main duty.

Fosu 5 - Not a lot of time to change the game and came on when we were behind.

Ajose 6 - Came on and worked his nuts off, sure he didn't score, but he covered from attacking position to get back before the defence on 2 or 3 occasions

Robinson 3 - Shite structure, plan and outcome

Zyro na - What's the point?

Referee 3 - Was laughing with their players before, during and after the game and somehow only booked charlton players when one of the Shrewsbury players grabbed Kashi by the throat?! Wanker.

Shrewsbury had a pre game ritual that went on for a full minute or so where the coach was shouting motivational crap at them as they did a sprints exercise, seemed to really psych them up. Hope their defender is okay.

They came with a plan and carried it out.

There's an oxymoron for you!!
  • We’ve only won 5 matches out of our last 18 league games.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc_se7 said:

I genuinely hope Shrewsbury go up this season, fair play to them, by far the best team we have played this season! A very physical but also extremely fair and honest side! What a job Paul Hurst has done, a magnificent job!

As for our lot, completely and utterly bottled it! We are knowhere near good enough or consistent enough to make the playoffs! Same again next season!

They were excellent but 'fair and honest' doesn't apply to that Whalley character
  • Leuth said:

cafc_se7 said:

I genuinely hope Shrewsbury go up this season, fair play to them, by far the best team we have played this season! A very physical but also extremely fair and honest side! What a job Paul Hurst has done, a magnificent job!

They were excellent but 'fair and honest' doesn't apply to that Whalley character
    or to their players that ganged up on Kashi...
  • Dodged this one. I kept saying before how I think people overrate our players and used Shrewsbury as the example that we probably don't even have better players than theirs, no disrespect to them just based on budgets and club size etc. There was also someone getting pelters for showing the pedigree of some of their players. Safe to say by the sound of things today that they literally are better than us from the goalkeeper all the way to the manager?

The season over stuff is very dramatic as per, play offs are still well in reach and play offs is and always will be a lottery

• Leuth said:

cafc_se7 said:

I was not keen on Konsa feigning injury and yet magically arose from the dead when the ball came to him on the floor.
  • cafc_se7 said:

Yeah gotta to admire their fans sining they are staying up. Would be like Leicester winning the Prem if Shrews can get over the line.
  • cafctom said:

As @bazjonster said, that was just like Wigan, bar the first 5 minutes today. Men against boys. A team and a club with purpose, and ambition, versus us. That's the season over, I think.

Roland Out Today.

Have you watched Charlton play recently or taken into account what a poor run we're in - barely above relegation form. Most of our points were gained earlier in the season...
    http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3

Form stats have us in 10th for both the last 6 and last 10 matches

Our home form is actually worse than our away form though
  • A big difference is they have a forward line and we don't. It's not KRs fault it's RDs. For a decent crowd, thought the atmosphere was poor.
  • 10th is probably a fair overall position.
  • Shrews played as a team , we were so slow .No urgency even at 2-0 down . Solly should not be captain and is really struggling . KR is too one dimensional . Can't see us going up this year now .
  • A big difference is they have a forward line and we don't. It's not KRs fault it's RDs. For a decent crowd, thought the atmosphere was poor.

It's the day trippers.