Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC 0 SHREWS 2 - 24/02/2018 POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• The season over comments are a bit over the top. We are two points off the play offs with two games in hand. We will spend time in the play off places again this season and we will spend time outside of them. I think we will fall short but until that happens, our season isn’t over
  • To say we were awful doesn’t do Shrewsbury any credit because they were head and shoulders better than us but we were still bloody awful.
    Solly and Pierce had stinkers .
    Kaikai can bugger off back to Palace and if Marshall has actually gone past a single defender this season I will be shocked .
    Another season in league one is inevitable.

You’ve pretty much summed it up for me.

Absolute dross.
  • The season over comments are a bit over the top. We are two points off the play offs with two games in hand. We will spend time in the play off places again this season and we will spend time outside of them. I think we will fall short but until that happens, our season isn’t over

Don't know how long you've been around bud but sometimes you just know.
    Trust me. This season's over.

To be fair, one of the games in hand is against this lot at their place. MIND YOU we're doing better away than at home at the moment. Hard to see how we'll get much at theirs, but it worked at Wigan
  • Surely now it's time for a formation change in home games and play an extra striker, we've got nothing to lose.
  • PWR ... because I just can't bear it.

I'll cut you some slack then Raith. :wink:
  • Read the match thread, all over us after 5 mins, I stuck a tenner on Shrews at 3/1 at half time
  • Second half was shameful - this is league one ffs.

Players ran around like headless chickens and looked clueless - are they really that bad or is it down to the manager? Kashi and Solly were shocking - Kashi seems incapable of even making a basic pass and Solly barely made a tackle.

Players and manager should be ashamed of themselves after that display.

Can't wait for some of our happy clappy supporters to excuse this one....
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely now it's time for a formation change in home games and play an extra striker, we've got nothing to lose.

Please don't confuse KR any further with suggestions of different formations.
  • To be fair even though we wasn't great they were good and made us look worse. We weren't really worse than we were against Wimbledon down here. Only difference Shrewsbury are on a promotion push and Wimbledon are in a relegation dog fight. Even if they beat us next week they are in a dog fight till the end of the season.
  • edited February 2018
    Had to follow from this site and BBC whilst at work. Not surprised we’ve bottled it in a big game. I don’t think we’ve got the mentality to get that final play off spot. Overall, we are too easy to play against.

I wish I didn’t book my Bristol & Northampton train tickets last night.
  • We’re a top 6 squad with bottom 6 tactics.

With the run-in that we have we’ll finish 8-12th I reckon.
  • Anyone going on about making the playoffs is in need of a reality check - we're f***ing mediocre. I'm embarrassed watching this crap...
  • Thank you Mr Robinson
    Charlton were rubbish Shrewsbury were good. Thanks because 26th May is our Ruby Wedding and I didn’t want to book anything in case the team were at Wembley, having watched our first and last game this season I can now book a few days away in the country as none of us will be going to Wembley.
    As for the match others have already echoed by thoughts
  • Sponsored links:

• Other than the first 3 minutes we may aswell have not bothered. Today just shows how poor we have become, Shrewsbury bossed it in every part of the pitch. Credit to Shrewsbury too deserve to be up where they are.

We are not going anywhere. If we don't make play offs Karl has to go.
  • Josh Magennis in the queue for his Chinese at the Water Lilly in Strood.

Would you like me to ask him a question...

ANYONE?
  • edited February 2018
    We've won four points against the top six

We'll finish about 7th or 8th yet a spot in the Play-Offs will be pointless as dont see this squad going to Wembley... they dont have the goals in them!!
  • Pie in the Vista was pony.
  • Pony and trap, not the actual animal pony.
  • Thought we played really well. For the first 5 minutes.

Totally outplayed the rest of the game by a fitter, better organised, more motivated and smarter side.

Pretty much everyone was poor apart from Aribo.

Don't agree our season is over but it will be if we meet Shrewsbury in the play-offs. Very impressed with them.

ANYONE?

Just gone.

Enjoy yer scran big man.

ANYONE?

Ask what flavour pot noodle he likes

ANYONE?

What's the satay chicken like?
  • edited February 2018
    I like Robinson but we must be the easist team to train for. We never change how we set up or our tactics, which rely on individual brilliance. I think he deserves a go under a decent owner but even with a blank cheque book (if they still exist) the same problems will hinder us.