Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC 0 SHREWS 2 - 24/02/2018 POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• I was hopeful for the first 5 minutes and then the normal "big game" performance turned up.

Does Robinson do any training on what to do should we go behind?

We look utterly clueless when we concede first and play like we don't know how to get ourselves back in the game - it all goes to shit when the opposition take the lead.

Deserved what we got today - sweet F***All.
  • Apart from the first 5 mins out classed. Shit ref again didn't help. But we were poor.
  • Utter toilet. Shrewsbury barely had to get out of second gear to beat us.

Im amazed we are anywhere near 6th based on the performances over the last couple of months. I think all the teams around us being shite too has helped. In reality we are mid-table side at best.
  • Dreams of new owners brining in Curbs for a play off push ! I wish
  • On the topic of the referee, maybe one of the most amatuerish things I've seen all season was early on when Kaikai went on a run and was having his shirt grabbed for a good 5-10 yards and the referee played advantage, which was good, BUT HE DIDN'T GO BACK AND BOOK THE PLAYER! It was clearly an attempt at a professional foul, no question, and it was clear that the referee just forgot.

Obviously didn't impact the result, just annoyed me.
  • edited February 2018
    Nug said:

SDAddick said:

Laddick01 said:

Compare this league to the promotion season under Powell. The standard is a joke.

Really shows how poor we are.

Not sure that's true. Wigan and Shrewsbury both took us to pieces at the Valley this season and are much more impressive sides than either of the Sheffield teams were back then.

Just because it's Wigan and Shrewsbury doesn't mean they're sh*t - if the team we played today were called Sheffield then I doubt many people would make the same points.
    Second this. I think there's a lot more quality in depth in this league, and that Shrewsbury, Wigan, and Blackburn are all teams that would have given us a good run when we went up under Powell.

Callum you make the excellent point that because these aren't necessarily "big name" clubs doesn't mean they're shit, and to be fair, both Wigan and Blackburn have been in the Premier League in the last five years.

I think we're underperforming. Badly right now. But that doesn't mean that there aren't good teams in this league.
    I know it pains a lot of people to admit it but there is no comparison between that CP team and the club as a whole than what we are right now....absolutely none. Let’s not try and rewrite history.
    I have no problem admitting that, though it is of course painful.

I don't think you read my post as it was intended. At no point did I say this team was comparable to Powell's. What I was trying to say is that there are some good teams in this division who would have been up there in the season we were promoted.
  • Well I’d like to say it’s good to be back, but that was absolutely abysmal. Can’t name a single player who played well other than possibly JDS, Aribo was okay.

To be honest I don’t really blame the players, could anyone that watched that honestly tell what the game plan was?? Absolutely dreadful, woefully ineffective and after the first 5 minutes never even looked like we were close to thinking about scoring
  • Sponsored links:

• Spineless sack of shit.
  • Oh and if we somehow scrape into the playoffs absolutely no chance we win them
  • edited February 2018
    4 clear chances in the opening 5 minutes, then our next shot on target came in injury time

Shrewsbury controlled the game but that is still a pathetic stat
  • We played well for the first three minutes. Then that was it.
  • Second best in every department. You can see why Shrewsbury are doing so well, they were tough, hard working, well organised and won virtually every loose ball. We offered little, other than the first 10 minutes when JFC should have put us in front (what a difference that might have made) and most of our guys didn't fancy it. Play-Offs look a long shot on this showing but still a long way to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope @LouisMend got superkarl to explain kicking towards the wrong end then...
  • Shrewsbury worked out the tactics and completely bossed the midfield. He needs to go 4-4-2 and drop one of the 3 midfielders, but I guess he can't because he has bought so many midfielders and not strikers.

Considering 4-2-3-1 is supposedly the "purists" way, it lacked any entertainment value today.
  • We played well for the first three minutes. Then that was it.

£5 Pro rata. I still feel somewhat short changed.
  • PWR ... because I just can't bear it.
  • At the end of the day the buck stops with KR. He simply isn’t getting the most out of the players at his disposal and that is why I think he should go now whilst we still have a shout at making the playoffs

Kiwi, I don't rate the manager either. His later record at MK showed he was a one trick pony and that guff, sycophancy and hyperbole can only get you so far. But how do we know that about the players? What are we actually basing that assumption on or measuring it against?

As I said earlier, I'm not convinced that the players are as good individually as what we actually think they are.

Hopefully I'm proved wrong next season because it isn't happening this year.