Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Russians at it again

Comments

• There are two threads here that every time I see new posts I think someone has been killed...

The US Shootings Thread
    And this thread
  • Putin is really taking the biscuit on this one. He needs to called out on the international stage as a liar and criminal.
  • Well this is a real surprise.......
  • Brilliant scoop that, goes to show how important good investigative journalism is in today’s day and age. Especially when Russian journalists who sniff too close to putin tragically end up committing suicide by shooting themselves in the back of the head.
  • Brilliant scoop that, goes to show how important good investigative journalism is in today’s day and age. Especially when Russian journalists who sniff too close to putin tragically end up committing suicide by shooting themselves in the back of the head.

‘Investigative journalism’ ? You don’t you think it was fed to them by the security services turning the screw on Putin then ?

‘Investigative journalism’ ? You don’t you think it was fed to them by the security services turning the screw on Putin then ?
    Got to have the contacts I suppose!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018

Brilliant scoop that, goes to show how important good investigative journalism is in today’s day and age. Especially when Russian journalists who sniff too close to putin tragically end up committing suicide by shooting themselves in the back of the head.

You wouldn't know it from their tweet, but this scoop has nothing to do with the Telegraph. It was the open-source operation, Bellingcat. I believe they have their critics, but it seems even that oddball Craig Murray is taking this as being authoritative.

You wouldn't know it from their tweet, but this scoop has nothing to do with the Telegraph. It was the open-source operation, Bellingcat. I believe they have their critics, but it seems even that oddball Craig Murray is taking this as being authoritative.
    Bellingcat use publically available info for their scoops. They just had to dig through Russian military personnel photos to find this guy.

Bellingcat use publically available info for their scoops. They just had to dig through Russian military personnel photos to find this guy.
    One would hope the UK intelligence agencies would have been able to do that as well!
  • I think that is painfully close to the truth.

Although the sanctions will hurt in the short time, not clear how much they are r ally hurting the oligarchs who Putin relies upon. What is probably required are further travel restrictions, asset seizures etc of people proven to be close to Putin.

Not very legal sounding stuff under UK law but let’s face it the accommodating nature of the UK law courts to people with money is one of the reasons there are a lot of very very rich Russians in the UK.

The refusal/withdrawal of his application Abramovich’s visa is interesting though. See the Swiss have published their reasons for turning down his application for residency. Alleged links to criminal organisation and money laundering: he is quite upset these unproven allegations have been made public or taken into account:

I quite liked the new Stamford bridge design.
  • I think Putin's main motive for this attack was to test the UK systems and reactions, much like they do when Russian planes skirt our airspace and Russian ships sail close to our waters. He now knows the UK are capable of tracing the culprits, he knows that it takes a long time, he knows that his operatives are safe and sound in Russia and he now knows that by and large the World has backed the UK and that it has proven to be rather expensive.

However, the data gathered is invaluable and can be used in the event of future actions, including the likely costings and outcomes. Deterring defectors is just a useful byproduct to this operation. Meanwhile he will deny everything, project his friendship with President Trump and laugh out loud as he waltzes around the corridors of the Kremlin.

It’s also exposed glaring and rather embarrassing weaknesses in the Russian intellegence services themselves. Haven’t they found 30 previously unknown agents from Russia because they share almost identical fake passport numbers?

The Russian intelligence services really are a shadow of what they were during the cold war
  • I think Putin's main motive for this attack was to test the UK systems and reactions, much like they do when Russian planes skirt our airspace and Russian ships sail close to our waters. He now knows the UK are capable of tracing the culprits, he knows that it takes a long time, he knows that his operatives are safe and sound in Russia and he now knows that by and large the World has backed the UK and that it has proven to be rather expensive.

However, the data gathered is invaluable and can be used in the event of future actions, including the likely costings and outcomes. Deterring defectors is just a useful byproduct to this operation. Meanwhile he will deny everything, project his friendship with President Trump and laugh out loud as he waltzes around the corridors of the Kremlin.

It’s also exposed glaring and rather embarrassing weaknesses in the Russian intellegence services themselves. Haven’t they found 30 previously unknown agents from Russia because they share almost identical fake passport numbers?

The Russian intelligence services really are a shadow of what they were during the cold war
    They've probably off-shored it to Mumbai.
  • Putin and RT changing tact, from "it's a conspiracy made up by the british media" to "he is a scumbag and a traitor"

• Those Russian chaps will probably never be seen again..

#gulag
  • Anyone interested in learning more about the Russian involvement in Britain, regarding their security services should listen to episodes 15 & 16 of the podcast ‘The Tip Off’.

This looks in detail into some of the mysterious deaths surrounding a British financier, and many others linked to Russian oligarchs living in London in the mid 2010’s.

Hard to believe that a lot of this stuff goes on in 2018, but listening to this podcast certainly opens your eyes to the fact that not all deaths are reported equally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Russia tried to hack OPCW that were investigating chemical attacks in syria. But it's all propaganda, honest!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45746837

• Think it’s time that the West called Putin out in a really big way on this. Needs a leader with enough importance and credibility to officially call Putin a liar.

Just need to find such a leader who's also immune to dodgy door knockers, bulgarian umbrella tips etc.

• More coming out now from Dutch security services regarding attempted hacking by Russians of the OPCW (Organisation for the Prevention of a chemical weapons) in The Hague. This while the Salisbury attacks were being investigated. These were official Russian government agents who were met by representatives from the Russian Embassy.

Think it’s time that the West called Putin out in a really big way on this. Needs a leader with enough importance and credibility to officially call Putin a liar.

No question in my mind that Putin is set on a path to destabilise the the USA and Europe. It’s a long game but just my opinion with the long term aim of reclaiming at least some of its former satellite states.

He’s got to be stopped in his tracks. He is without doubt the biggest threat to world security.

The only country that can really stand up to them is the USA, but look who's in the White House. Who knows which way Trump will jump on any given day? We still don't know what was said between Trump and Putin at their summit. Even the US State Department don't know what was said!
  • More coming out now from Dutch security services regarding attempted hacking by Russians of the OPCW (Organisation for the Prevention of a chemical weapons) in The Hague. This while the Salisbury attacks were being investigated. These were official Russian government agents who were met by representatives from the Russian Embassy.

Think it’s time that the West called Putin out in a really big way on this. Needs a leader with enough importance and credibility to officially call Putin a liar.

No question in my mind that Putin is set on a path to destabilise the the USA and Europe. It’s a long game but just my opinion with the long term aim of reclaiming at least some of its former satellite states.

He’s got to be stopped in his tracks. He is without doubt the biggest threat to world security.

his aim is to put the rest of the world in a permanent state of destabilisation, or at least the main players in the west. Have everyone blame the US for the world's troubles and isolate britain from europe. Have germany sucking on their teat and form an alliance with tehran and destabilise turkey.
  • azerbaijan is the next nation that will be "incorporated" into the russian federation, "through the will of the people who haven't been shot"
  • The us state department doesn’t know what was said because that was ‘Thank you for your continued support in keeping me in the Whitehouse President Putin. I’m just going to get off my knees now and wash out my mouth.’

• Think it’s time that the West called Putin out in a really big way on this. Needs a leader with enough importance and credibility to officially call Putin a liar.

It wont be May.

I don't think she has the time to learn the Russian dance moves necessary for her to pull of the amusing intro to the hard hitting interview on News at 10.
  • It will be gratifying, several years down the road, when the Sun, Mail and Express realise that Brexit was part of a Russian conspiracy.
  • Other 'suspect' named as a military Doctor working for Russian Intelligence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45791378