Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Russians at it again

Comments

• I’ll say one thing - some of the crazy things going on with that country makes me seriously not want to draw Russia in the WC semis - as I can see the political turmoil blowing in to something. What price Harry Kane falling ill on the eve of the game?!

• RedChaser said:

If it's not the Russians? I thought it was reported that the Skripal poisonings had all the hallmarks of their manufactured nerve agent and that they were deemed accountable for its control, no?

Everything pointed to the Russians for the Skripal poisoning’s because the nerve agent Novichok was extremely likely to have been manufactured in Russia by the military. Perhaps someone has made a few Roubles on the side and sold some on ?

• edited July 2018

RedChaser said:

If it's not the Russians? I thought it was reported that the Skripal poisonings had all the hallmarks of their manufactured nerve agent and that they were deemed accountable for its control, no?

Everything pointed to the Russians for the Skripal poisoning’s because the nerve agent Novichok was extremely likely to have been manufactured in Russia by the military. Perhaps someone has made a few Roubles on the side and sold some on ?

Possibly but they have been held accountable for its control not that it means anything to them because they don't seem to give a flying F*ck what the rest of the world thinks.
  • I’ll say one thing - some of the crazy things going on with that country makes me seriously not want to draw Russia in the WC semis - as I can see the political turmoil blowing in to something. What price Harry Kane falling ill on the eve of the game?!

The Russians are too busy drugging up their own players to worry about nobbling ours...
    @Manicmania after our conversation before where you presented a very good case about the Russians and the distance covered and potentially using performance enhancement drugs, and I came back with it being early and listing and explaining a multiple of factors that could have contributed naturally to their performance.

Well, having read many articles, assessed statistics, factoring in the contributions I spoke about before, their ages, their recovery between matches, and photographs indicating they have used needles, I wholly concur with you. They are taking drugs and FIFA is just as much as corrupt as they were before. I genuinely think they will beat Croatia and it won’t be down to the fact of ability, but because of unnatural and performance enhancer substances.
  • I must admit, todays revelations are a bit of a wow moment.

Who to believe, who not to believe.

Problem is, I've read too many John Le Carre, Len Deighton and Tom Clancy novels to believe anything else but some kind of conspiracy theory.

• By the looks of the victims, the local Russian drug dealer gave them the wrong bag!
  • Sage said:

I’ll say one thing - some of the crazy things going on with that country makes me seriously not want to draw Russia in the WC semis - as I can see the political turmoil blowing in to something. What price Harry Kane falling ill on the eve of the game?!

The Russians are too busy drugging up their own players to worry about nobbling ours...
    @Manicmania after our conversation before where you presented a very good case about the Russians and the distance covered and potentially using performance enhancement drugs, and I came back with it being early and listing and explaining a multiple of factors that could have contributed naturally to their performance.

Well, having read many articles, assessed statistics, factoring in the contributions I spoke about before, their ages, their recovery between matches, and photographs indicating they have used needles, I wholly concur with you. They are taking drugs and FIFA is just as much as corrupt as they were before. I genuinely think they will beat Croatia and it won’t be down to the fact of ability, but because of unnatural and performance enhancer substances.
    Not wanting to take this thread too far off topic (i'm sure we will continue this convo over on the world cup thread when they play again on Saturday) but it was their performance level and apparent fitness levels during extra time in the last game (they did not act like they had played 90 minutes let alone 120), and the comparison to the state of the (more rested previously) England players last night that really brought it home for me.
  • I hope the couple make a full recovery, but the Wiltshire police spokesperson said this incident in Amesbury was a tough nut to crack as they were stuck between a Rock and a hard place.
  • Looks like two scallys found a bag of novichock and decided it was a bit of smack

Putin just covering his tracks , can’t have been us they are still being poisoned now two random smack heads who no one will miss

It’s a great cover really when you think about it

As for the Russian footballers are we not just being a bit paranoid, I have seen one pic and only one post on here saying it sounds like we are getting our excuses in early

Or is there proof if so where and why are the media agencies not running with it
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
  • Maybe they didn’t clear up all the original nerve agent and they contracted it accidentally
  • MrOneLung said:

Maybe they didn’t clear up all the original nerve agent and they contracted it accidentally

It recently emerged that toxic concentrations of the military-trade nerve agent could still remain in hotspots around Salisbury.
    Government boffins warned a multi-million-pound decontamination effort to rid the city of the highly toxic substance is due to begin.
    It is believed the pair unwittingly spread small amounts of the lethal nerve agent around Salisbury before falling ill on March 4.
    Updating residents on the progress of the clean-up operation tonight, Ian Boyd, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs’s chief scientific adviser, said: "We have to make an assumption that in certain circumstances there will be relatively high concentrations, probably in very, very specific locations, which could be at levels that could be toxic to individuals.

"That's an assumption, it's also one we've tested in some circumstances and we do know that there are hot spots like that around, so we have to make those assumptions that some of the hot spots we've still got to find.
    "But those hot spots will still be in the locations we are talking about.
    "In these locations, there may well be higher concentrations that we still have to find, but we already know there are some high concentrations within those locations."
    Novichok is an oily substance which does not evaporate and can only be removed using high-grade caustic chemicals.
  • Steph McGovern's questioning of Security Minister on BBC Breakfast this morning was ridiculous. I like her normally but she made herself look an idiot by constantly trying to get him to say that the public are 100% safe.

Another BBC reporter trying to blame the Government for everything.
  • I am sure there will be plenty of accusations back and forth, this circus is never ending. Just hope for a swift recovery.

Would of thought Putin was in a good mood what with the WC currently a triumph!
  • I am sure there will be plenty of accusations back and forth, this circus is never ending. Just hope for a swift recovery.

Would of thought Putin was in a good mood what with the WC currently a triumph!

Sochi olympics went well.. Crimea was annexed whilst that was going on, remember!
  • edited July 2018
    It’s a clever diversion tactic to make it look like the Russians were never behind the original attack in the first place. Target a completely innocent British couple with no know association to them an make everyone think there is a nutter running about with a bottle of Novichok .
  • Odd that this has happened twice and both in Wiltshire not far from Porton Down. Can of worms opening up here I think.

Don't fall for Putin's tricks.
  • Steph McGovern's questioning of Security Minister on BBC Breakfast this morning was ridiculous. I like her normally but she made herself look an idiot by constantly trying to get him to say that the public are 100% safe.

Same on SKY news. As much as I like Sarah Jane Mee, she was flogging a dead horse trying to get the security minister to agree they’d sent out the wrong message about Salisbury being safe
  • Odd that this has happened twice and both in Wiltshire not far from Porton Down. Can of worms opening up here I think.

Amazing to see how many people are - on twitter certainly. Also incredible how many of the state troll accounts started sewing the doubt almost immediately.

I spent a few weeks working on that site, no chance of getting anywhere near the stores/chembio sites, let alone anything out of them.

The horrible consequences and context aside, it is fascinating to see the Kremlin machine in action, scary scary stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

Amazing to see how many people are - on twitter certainly. Also incredible how many of the state troll accounts started sewing the doubt almost immediately.

I spent a few weeks working on that site, no chance of getting anywhere near the stores/chembio sites, let alone anything out of them.

The horrible consequences and context aside, it is fascinating to see the Kremlin machine in action, scary scary stuff.
    Don’t get me wrongI still firmly believe this Novichok originates in Russia and was manufactured by the military there. What does need to be established though is whether or not these attack's are Putin sanctioned or have been carried out by one of the numerous arms of the Russian secret service under their own agenda.

In any case the buck stops with Russia.

• The truth is out there...
  • probably my youth, but literally had no idea this book existed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

Literally like putin's checklist.
  • probably my youth, but literally had no idea this book existed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

Literally like putin's checklist.

Just read through that Wiki piece and it’s a fascinating read.

I do have to ask though. Why ? What’s this world domination shit actually all about.

Why can’t people just get on living their lives ffs.

• That’s the World Cup gone now folks only thing that will come home is England

I wouldn’t let the boys eat or drink anything in the next coming hours

Watch the illnesses and injuries in rack up and the VAR lot give us fuck all
  • edited July 2018

Steph McGovern's questioning of Security Minister on BBC Breakfast this morning was ridiculous. I like her normally but she made herself look an idiot by constantly trying to get him to say that the public are 100% safe.

I like her too, normally. But in her "roving reporter" role. Not so sure about her as a sofa jockey. This morning she lost it completely.

I'm pleased I was not the only one to do a double-take at her performance. It was high octane shock jock nonsense delivered in an almost hysterical fashion. Whoever the politician was - and he might be good at his job, I don't know - He was clearly not at his best in front of the cameras.

But McGovern was effectively asking him to confirm that the emergency/security services were not up to the job. Has she morphed into a Daily Mail/Sun reporter? Really quite bizarre viewing. She'd earlier stumbled badly on a link and I was beginning to wonder whether she'd popped one too many pills or was still suffering from too much lager the night before.

I look forward with interest to the next addition of Newswatch to see if it gets a mention.

It's just like the latest series of Homeland