Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russians at it again

Comments

• Options
    I heard she was loaded up with empty pint glasses and white plastic chairs
  • Options
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I heard she was loaded up with empty pint glasses and white plastic chairs

The highly trained British martial artist.
  • Options
    Late to this one. @AFKABartram spot on. Before Marseille I naively thought ‘if you don’t look for trouble, it won’t find you.’ WRONG
  • Options
    Not thuggish football violence this time but a what would seem to be a clear assassination of a former spy and his daughter in that espionage hotbed of Salisbury of all places.

Are the Russian secret services so thick as to think that the Brits won’t know exactly its their handiwork or are they now so arrogant in their foreign policy as not to give a stuff.

How anyone doesn’t think that Putin is not a serious threat to European stability going forward is beyond me. He does of course have to win his election first of course (insert your own joke here)
  • Options

Not thuggish football violence this time but a what would seem to be a clear assassination of a former spy and his daughter in that espionage hotbed of Salisbury of all places.

Are the Russian secret services so thick as to think that the Brits won’t know exactly its their handiwork or are they now so arrogant in their foreign policy as not to give a stuff.

How anyone doesn’t think that Putin is not a serious threat to European stability going forward is beyond me. He does of course have to win his election first of course (insert your own joke here)

Agree, although we need to get more detail. I have re-opened the Litvinenko thread in the expectation that they did not just have a dodgy pizza.

• Options
    Confirmed now that the woman also taken ill is his daughter.
  • Options
    I don’t think there is anything this country can do about Russia and these chemical assassinations even though it threatens our people. Putin and his cronies will simply deny it was them just like the always do. Unless we send over a nuke to show them we mean business but I don’t think that would be practical. Perhaps we could ask nicely “hey puttie baby, would you be awfully decent and stop sending your green gooey glowy stuff through the embassy channels and knocking off your unwanted exiles, our people are getting rather concerned. Many thanks dear chap and love to Lyddie xxx”

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having eaten in Zizzi's, it was probably the garlic bread.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

I don’t think there is anything this country can do about Russia and these chemical assassinations even though it threatens our people. Putin and his cronies will simply deny it was them just like the always do. Unless we send over a nuke to show them we mean business but I don’t think that would be practical. Perhaps we could ask nicely “hey puttie baby, would you be awfully decent and stop sending your green gooey glowy stuff through the embassy channels and knocking off your unwanted exiles, our people are getting rather concerned. Many thanks dear chap and love to Lyddie xxx”

We could always break of diplomatic relations with them and kick out their embassy staff. No more diplomatic channels, no more exotic poisons arriving via said channels.
  • Options

Solidgone said:

We could always break of diplomatic relations with them and kick out their embassy staff. No more diplomatic channels, no more exotic poisons arriving via said channels.
    There are thousands of very rich Russians either living in the UK or using London for "byznys" purposes. These are the people that can and should be targetted via HMRC, Customs and Border Police, as well as the UK finance houses and estate agents that may not be sufficiently complying with 'know your customer' regulations. That's what hurts them.

• Options

Solidgone said:

There are thousands of very rich Russians either living in the UK or using London for "byznys" purposes. These are the people that can and should be targetted via HMRC, Customs and Border Police, as well as the UK finance houses and estate agents that may not be sufficiently complying with 'know your customer' regulations. That's what hurts them.

And there are probably hundreds of Russian/Eastern European military trained young men living in Britain whose allegiance is not to us.
  • Options
    Seems the latest Trump tweets and the Russian response might be something we should all be worried about ?
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Seems the latest Trump tweets and the Russian response might be something we should all be worried about ?

No. There is nothing we can do whatsoever to affect such matters and therefore completely futile worrying or spending time fretting over.

It will likely blow over as these regular "brink of armageddon" events do but if not then bugger all we can do to change anything so literally worse than pointless spending any time worrying about it despite how much the rolling media will try to ensure we do.

• Options
    I'm hiding in my cave in Luxembourg waiting for someone to press the nuclear button.
    My neighbours are Russian, so i'll be round their place claiming asylum and some time in their bunker.
  • Options
    October, 1962..... I was aged eight and a half. As a child, I could sense that "adults" were worried, seemed agitated. Being more interested in the Beano and Wolf Cubs at the time, I didn't appreciate the finer points of world politics, diplomacy and "global" powers.

In my years as a careworker, I had the opportunity to talk with a few of the "adults" that had to suffer the dread and uncertainty of October 1962.

I little expected that we would all be going through this again. For me, twice in one lifetime.

Putin. Trump. Two leaders who know their popularity is diminishing at home, so endeavour to wrap themselves in the flag, and give it large on the world stage. Rather Galtieri/Thatcheresque, but this time around, with far more serious consequences.

Methought I heard a voice cry, “Sleep no more! Macbeth does murder sleep”—the innocent sleep.

Yet every few years, the electorates of the Permanent Security Member nations run the risk of electing a Macbeth into office.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

And now, the end is near 
    And so I face the final curtain

"If you ever see a post from WRICURKINCAM walk away and pretend you didn't. Only madness lies ahead. " = Henry Irving.
  • Options
    Russians now openly accusing the UK of staging the chemical attack in Douma in Syria last Saturday.

Now not much surprises me any more but I’m confident in saying that I think the UK response that this is a grotesque and blatant lie is completely true.

Not really sure what Russia is looking to achieve with their chemical attack in Salisbury and now completely showing solidarity with that scumbag Assad.

Can’t see any way that the West won’t at some point take military action.

I hope this is not met with a retaliatory action by the Russians.

I imagine the Baltic countries are shitting themselves right now. Russia the aggressor is on the move it seems to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am not so disappointed the US missed the World Cup as I was a couple months ago. I am starting to wonder what may happen there. I am happier as time goes on that we won't be supporting Putin's image in this World Cup.
  • Options
    Who to believe eh?
    We’ve been here before so many times and the cynic in me wonders if there’s something for the West to gain other than peace.
    The US statement that the strikes are geared to destroy years of chemical weapons data is laughable. Haven’t they heard of saving to a usb?

Then there’s the terrorists these attacks will create. The young lad whose parents are blown to bits by an ally missile. Ripe for radicalisation.

Has the world ever been in more of a mess?
  • Options
    Nothing to worry about, this will get sorted out by rational negotiations and diplomacy...Trump might look like the nutter down the pub in a syrup, but Putin looks as though he's just got out from a life stretch in the Gulag. Boris Johnson will save the day with a strongly worded letter...it worked when they annexed Crimea, occupied eastern Ukraine and torpedoed that plane.

• Options
    BBC reporting the two ill people in Wiltshire poisoned by same nerve agent as before ....
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Couple found in Wiltshire confirmed as having been poisoned by same nerve agent as Sergei Skripal and daughter.

Makes you wonder if the original poisoning was actually the Russians at all. Certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons.
  • Options
    Or are the Russians taking out random people to frame them as guilty for the Skripal case
  • Options
    Or putting out a warning to Southgate and co ....
  • Options
    Odd that this has happened twice and both in Wiltshire not far from Porton Down. Can of worms opening up here I think.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    If it's not the Russians? I thought it was reported that the Skripal poisonings had all the hallmarks of their manufactured nerve agent and that they were deemed accountable for its control, no?