Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Billy Graham R.I.P.

Like him or his message or not, an incredible personality, could fill a stadium anywhere.

Comments

• Options
    Just a few months off 100.

RIP
  • Options
    Saw him 'perform' at a packed out Villa Park.
    Wow - brain washing of the very highest order.
    Slightly sinister air about the whole experience.
  • Options
    It's ironic that now he's dead he won't actually be able realise there is no Afterlife.
  • Options

It's ironic that now he's dead he won't actually be able realise there is no Afterlife.

Who, from the other side, has told you that?
  • Options
    I've never been a fan of multi-millionaire evangelists, but Billy Graham has brought comfort to millions, and has left a legacy that will continue to do so.
  • Options
    False comfort from a charlatan. No thanks.
  • Options
    Nearly made 100, horrible be stuck on 99 and being given out.
  • Options
    Stig said:

False comfort from a charlatan. No thanks.

Doesn't work for me either, but I won't knock what works for others.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As I said, I'm not a fan of multi-millionaire evangelists, and Scientology is a proven scam, I don't believe Christianity, in it's many forms, has been proven as such.
  • Options
    I wouldn't put Billy Graham in the same group of charlatan evangelists that popularise sections of the USA.

RIP - although he believes that he wont be resting.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

could fill a stadium anywhere.

So we could have just got him to sort Target 20k all along?
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options

I wouldn't put Billy Graham in the same group of charlatan evangelists that popularise sections of the USA.

RIP - although he believes that he wont be resting.

I would agree Billy Graham is certainly not in the Kenneth Copeland category of charlatans.
  • Options
    He insisted that crusade accounts be audited and published in the local papers when the crusade was finished. Having founded the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association in 1950, he took a straight salary, comparable to that of a senior minister of a major urban pulpit, no matter how much in money his meetings brought in. He was turning down million-dollar television and Hollywood offers half a century ago. He never built the Church of Billy Graham, and while he lived comfortably, his house is a modest place. If he had wanted to get rich, he could have been many, many times over.

Not perfect, but no-one is. Well- meaning and sincere I think.
    RIP
  • Options
    His brother is George, another crook. Maybe.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Uboat said:

He insisted that crusade accounts be audited and published in the local papers when the crusade was finished. Having founded the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association in 1950, he took a straight salary, comparable to that of a senior minister of a major urban pulpit, no matter how much in money his meetings brought in. He was turning down million-dollar television and Hollywood offers half a century ago. He never built the Church of Billy Graham, and while he lived comfortably, his house is a modest place. If he had wanted to get rich, he could have been many, many times over.

Not perfect, but no-one is. Well- meaning and sincere I think.
    RIP

He was worth $25mil as of last year. That's rich in my book.
  • Options
    The Queen was a fan.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

The Queen was a fan.

But did he ever get any of her money?
    Can imagine Philip and her having many a row about him, that being the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018
    I'm confused. I've been slaughtered on other RIP threads for not showing what is deemed to be the right respect. Told to open separate threads if there are issues about the person who died or why it's on here but this one seems to be a free for all.
    So does this mean future RIP threads can be more than meaningless posts of RIP plus some observation about how wonderful the dead one was?
    Probably not, but we'll see.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    iainment said:

I'm confused. I've been slaughtered on other RIP threads for not showing what is deemed to be the right respect. Told to open separate threads if there are issues about the person who died or why it's on here but this one seems to be a free for all.
    So does this mean future RIP threads can be more than meaningless posts of RIP plus some observation about how wonderful the dead one was?
    Probably not, but we'll see.

You're right.

However the PC guardians of what we may or may not say don't apply the same standards of protestation to criticism of Christians, Jews, stale, pale males or fat people.

Billy Graham, as a Christian, is therefore fair game for their vitriol and undeserving of respect.
  • Options
    Won the death poll I entered with this one!
  • Options
    Went to Earls Court to see him back in the 60,s.

RIP...
  • Options

No third umpire either
  • Options
    Riviera said:

The Queen was a fan.

She's sent a message of condolence to his family.
  • Options

Saw him 'perform' at a packed out Villa Park.
    Wow - brain washing of the very highest order.
    Slightly sinister air about the whole experience.

Religion in a nutshell.
  • Options

Who, from the other side, has told you that?
    Was on the takeover thread. Airman, Red Henry or Doucher.
  • Options
    RIP. He led countless souls to meet Jesus and now he is spending the rest of eternity with him. As he said "My home is in heaven. I'm just travelling through this world".
    So thankful for his life and the relentless pursuit to see the gospel preached on this earth. RIP.