Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moments you never forget

edited February 2018 in General Charlton
Reading a few comments on the FA Cup thread has taken me straight back to Carlisle in 2012

Certain aspects of that day I Will never forgot.

Colchester getting the point against Wendies.

The tannoy announcment after the game.
The Charlton players will not be coming back out, please could the Charlton Fans Leave.

Charlton fans not moving and breaking out into a chorus of Bring out the Champions.

Finally the players were aloud out to celebrate

The players running towards are corner of the stand.

The car journey back with @stackitsteve both singing pretty much the whole way back.

Moments that to this day still make me smile.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Come again.....?
  • Options
    Carlisle v Charlton promotion game with Powell?

Think Charlton have won a few promotions there.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    A less happier 1 for me.

Away for a day trip with my then Fiance to Fantasy Island.

Had a nice day was walking back to get train to Boston and looked at the time which was around 4.40 so said I am just gonna nip into Coral to see the final score will meet u at station.

Walked into Coral was in the for about 5 minutes and saw this moment of horror.

Charlton Athletic 2-2 Blackpool
    Charlton are relegated.

Despite the fact we all knew it was coming it still ruined my day.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Yeah thats the one
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

• Options

Come again.....?

Well it would be wouldn't it?

• Options
    Was at a hotel in North East Ko Phangan, Thailand and we were sitting on sunbeds/chairs just below a raised restaurant area. We went up to the restaurant and sat by the side overlooking where we had been sitting below. All of a sudden there was a big crash as a 15foot python type snake fell out of a tree from about 30 foot up and crashed into the table and chairs we had just vacated. Slithered off into the overgrowth and left us very nervous for the next few days when in that area.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The moment that Sky Sports News announced that Zabeel were in talks to take over Charlton. They had built it up before the adverts, saying "After the break we reveal which Championship club are the next to be taken over by wealthy investors", and I thought "Wouldn't it be great if it was us for once".

Yet another crushing disappointment...
  • Options
    Breaking my laptop at uni when Jordan Cousins equalised against Fulham, had my arm under the charging cable and went ballistic when he scored, worth it though
  • Options
    Going slightly mad when the 3rd goal went in against Watford, meaning we were safe from relegation after a long hard period of games.
  • Options

About 20 years ago I was sitting there on the loo and I farted the first part of Daniel by Elton John. “Daniel is traveling tonight on a plane” Not the words obviously. Just the tune. I’ve tried many many times since to reproduce that magic moment but have never got further than “Daniel is” . My quest continues but I’m not hopeful of it ever happening again.

Absolutely brilliant, comedy gold, you couldn't make this up, genuine LOL at this!
  • Options
    When Mr. Lockwood confirmed we were champions of League 1 when SCP was manager, loved that squad, little did we know what was around the corner
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

The tannoy bloke at Selhurst announcing that we'd be kept in for 15 minutes after the final whistle, Palace fans jeering at us and then Dennis Rommedahl popping in in the last minute of stoppage time to give us a magnificent 15-minute post-match party. All the better for Chris Powell joining in from the Sky TV box right next to us.

Similar experience at Maine Road, Man City needed to beat us to have any chance of staying up. They had 10 men and we had Steve Brown in goal. They scored and made it 2-1 with 2 mins to go. The tannoy bloke said we had to stay behind at the end, and clearly no one would have done! Then the put the board up saying 3 mins injury time, and Steve Jones scored a header in the 4th minute of added time. I fell over 6 rows of seats celebrating, as did most people. I think we stayed an extra 30 mins in the end! lol

The half time at Coventry in the FA Cup is the most memorable in history! We were 2-0 down, are captain picked up an injury (which would keep him out the rest of the season), it was all doom and gloom .... and then 4 mins of brilliance!

A goal back from Robinson, before Shaun Newton equalizer .... and the Charlton end didn't shut up singing all through half time! Never heard that before, or since!

Then when Andy Hunt got the winner a few mins from time, the place went crazy! Everyone was hugging everyone, money & programmes where flying through the air as everyone was going mental.

Oh, and lets not forget the kick off being delayed due to the amount of red and white balloons being thrown on the pitch :wink:
  • Options
    Not exactly a massively important game, but Oldham away in the SCP promotion season when we went 10 men down then Kermy scored, then we went down to 9 men, we held on through pure grit and determination. Yann collapsed out of pure exhaustion as soon as the final whistle went. After that I knew we were going up without a doubt, before then I'd always avoided believing too much in fear of disappointment. After that I knew and just enjoyed the ride until it became official. Good times.

Only sour note was that I nearly placed a 50 quid bet at the start of the season at 100/1 that we'd go up but didn't want to jinx us. Damn it.
  • Options
    Definitely the moment @ Carlisle when we won promotion (so much better than the following week when we were confirmed champions which felt hollow)

The 1-1 draw with Yeovil when it pissed it down with rain, will never forget that - Will also be one of my favourite ever away games
  • Options

MrLargo said:

The tannoy bloke at Selhurst announcing that we'd be kept in for 15 minutes after the final whistle, Palace fans jeering at us and then Dennis Rommedahl popping in in the last minute of stoppage time to give us a magnificent 15-minute post-match party. All the better for Chris Powell joining in from the Sky TV box right next to us.

Similar experience at Maine Road, Man City needed to beat us to have any chance of staying up. They had 10 men and we had Steve Brown in goal. They scored and made it 2-1 with 2 mins to go. The tannoy bloke said we had to stay behind at the end, and clearly no one would have done! Then the put the board up saying 3 mins injury time, and Steve Jones scored a header in the 4th minute of added time. I fell over 6 rows of seats celebrating, as did most people. I think we stayed an extra 30 mins in the end! lol

The half time at Coventry in the FA Cup is the most memorable in history! We were 2-0 down, are captain picked up an injury (which would keep him out the rest of the season), it was all doom and gloom .... and then 4 mins of brilliance!

A goal back from Robinson, before Shaun Newton equalizer .... and the Charlton end didn't shut up singing all through half time! Never heard that before, or since!

Then when Andy Hunt got the winner a few mins from time, the place went crazy! Everyone was hugging everyone, money & programmes where flying through the air as everyone was going mental.

Oh, and lets not forget the kick off being delayed due to the amount of red and white balloons being thrown on the pitch :wink:

Speaking of half time, the West ham game midweek where we won 4-2 was a pretty special atmosphere at half time. Also Chelsea away when they "Never lost as penalties don't count" was very good, I was queuing for half time beer when Benty equalised.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Speaking of half time, the West ham game midweek where we won 4-2 was a pretty special atmosphere at half time. Also Chelsea away when they "Never lost as penalties don't count" was very good, I was queuing for half time beer when Benty equalised.
    Yeah in the concourses they must have replayed Jenson's equalising free kick and Parker's first about 20 times from various different angles. Every time they showed it a massive roar went up. Bedlam.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

MrLargo said:

I went to this game - it wasn’t quite shit or bust for Man City - the game was played at the end of January!
  • Options

About 20 years ago I was sitting there on the loo and I farted the first part of Daniel by Elton John. “Daniel is traveling tonight on a plane” Not the words obviously. Just the tune. I’ve tried many many times since to reproduce that magic moment but have never got further than “Daniel is” . My quest continues but I’m not hopeful of it ever happening again.

Absolutely brilliant, comedy gold, you couldn't make this up, genuine LOL at this!
    If I’m brutally honest I think my version might have been a tad faster than the original.