Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Casey Stoney

Comments

• Lovely stuff. Hopefully she has a future in management
  • Phil's already ordered the new the tea urn and tabard for her
  • Love how a Ladies team are Sponsored by Avon...

Surprised with it being Liverpool though its not JobCentre Plus
  • Some unsurprisingly great comments!

Anyone like to pay tribute to a great player reaching the end of her career? Or join in the praise for the former Charlton manager singled out in the article?
  • Jorge Lorenzo will be giving a huge sigh of relief.
  • edited February 2018
    Touching. A great sportswoman. I hope she can find someone with managerial experience to coach her to being the next England manager.
  • She's had a great career and well done to her.

One genuine question that I think is fair and I don't want this to be taken the wrong way. Is she qualified? Has she got her UEFA licences etc. No mention of it in any article I have read.

All the criticism Neville got when he was appointed saying what does he know about women's football - and quite rightly - but he is qualified to coach.

It seems Casey has that knowledge of women's football and experience of the game. But does she have the coaching qualifications? If yes then I think she will be a good appointment. Although I know there are more experienced women's coaches out there who have been coaching for a number of years.
  • I misread the title and thought it was about former Moto GP world champ Casey Stoner. Imagine my disappointment when I found out it was about bird ball.