Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kashi’s goal the turning point in our season ?

Scoring goals of late has been a bit of a problem to say the least and Kashi’s goal might just be that point where the penny drops and we start seeing a lot more shots from other players. I’ve always been an advocate of if you have the ball and you can see the goal then shoot because there’s nobody in a better position to score. Our players are banging the ball about from wing to wing with almost pinnpoint accuracy at times so getting a shot on target should present no particularl problem to any of them. It doesn’t matter if it misses as long as it isn’t by too much and if it hits the woodwork or the keeper and is loose in the box then it creates another opportunity to follow up on.

And now he’s got one, Kashi should have a few more go’s at getting more and so should any other player who finds himself in a similar position with the ball.

We’ve got Ahmed Kashi
He knows how to smash it
He can put the ball away...

Much better imo than singing someone never gives the ball away as that’s tempting fate too much

Comments

• Wow far too early for that!
  • I like your thinking.

"Hey guys, Kashi took a shot and scored a goal. Maybe WE would score goals if we took shots as well?"
    Karl: "Right, I'm putting you on the bench next match for that little outburst."
  • Turning point? Nah, don't think so. We beat probably the poorest team I've seen for some while and the cracks soon appeared after they scored to make it 2-1. I don't expect us to suddenly start smashing teams from now until May; what I would like to see is us turning all our possession into goals and then if the opposition do find our net it will only be a consolation effort. BUT -I just don't see where the goals are coming from. The whole season we have struggled up front - mainly due to RD vetoing the signing of a certain striker at the last minute when the deal was done and dusted, thereby pulling the rug from under KR's feet. As someone else has stated, the only turning point will be when the awful entity that is Roland D. signs on the dotted line and cuts all ties with our club.
  • A good win this Saturday will be the turning point imo.
  • The turning point for me will either be a comprehensive win or staging a fight back in injury time and showing a bit of character.
  • 31 starts, 2 goals both in very recent matches. Can't really see him turning into a Harry Kane like figure for us tbh.
  • Like your enthusiasm but.... 'pinging the ball from wing to wing with pinpoint accuracy'

Stop it

Some of the wing switching passing has been pretty impressive this season. Have you not been going to our games ?
  • Davo55 said:

31 starts, 2 goals both in very recent matches. Can't really see him turning into a Harry Kane like figure for us tbh.

It’s not about him turning into an out and out striker it’s about him and the others having the confidence to have a pop at goal from distance if they have the ball and can see the goal. Trying to get to a position so that somebody can score from 2 or 3 yards tends to limit the number of chances and even more so the likelihood of succeeding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not so much turning as going round in circles.

Kashi isn't going to score many goals spending most of his time playing deeper than our central defenders.
  • Davo55 said:

31 starts, 2 goals both in very recent matches. Can't really see him turning into a Harry Kane like figure for us tbh.

It’s not about him turning into an out and out striker it’s about him and the others having the confidence to have a pop at goal from distance if they have the ball and can see the goal. Trying to get to a position so that somebody can score from 2 or 3 yards tends to limit the number of chances and even more so the likelihood of succeeding.
    Yep, I accept that. I was more commentating on your "We’ve got Ahmed Kashi, He knows how to smash it, He can put the ball away...".

Anyway, let's hope he adds goals and assists to his game more often, because he has a lot of other good qualities already.
  • edited February 2018

Like your enthusiasm but.... 'pinging the ball from wing to wing with pinpoint accuracy'

Stop it

Some of the wing switching passing has been pretty impressive this season. Have you not been going to our games ?
    Yes mate, some of the first time switching play I've seen has literally gone over the top of players, 10 yards away from them or short and intercepted, something I've highlighted to friends and family that go we need to majorly improve on to play the formation we insist on.

When we have taken 16 passes to swap wings we've done it pretty accurate.

Pinpoint accuracy at swapping wings is watching prem or la liga.

We are nowhere near that pal, simply not enough quality at this level to do it.
  • Kashi and JFC both have the ability to score from distance and yet KR has had them collecting the ball from the goalkeeper and knocking it sideways all season. Ridiculous.
  • Optimistic to label this a turning point.
  • cabbles said:

Optimistic to label this a turning point.

We won after a few games of not winning so if we go on a winning run that match will be the start of it.

Josh had already found his goal scoring touch so him scoring Saturday was routine. Kashi scored with a great shot and I bet he has a few more goes at repeating it now so if he does manage to score more of the same that could be the difference to our season being successful or not.
  • cabbles said:

Optimistic to label this a turning point.

Josh had already found his goal scoring touch so him scoring Saturday was routine.
    Dunno if I agree with this... Josh isnt a 20-goal scoring Striker so we should never expect him to score every other week, let alone every week

For me its a bonus when he scores as he's just a likeable bloke but never approach a match each week expecting it

• There's something about shooting from range, especially on the run. Ricky Holmes scored some worldies like that.
    And as LTGTR implies, shots that are blocked or parried often wrong foot defenders and run loose - and we don't seem to score many from those opportunities.

To my mind Kashi is now making some runs further forward recently, rather than mainly sitting - and arriving in the box late.
    That's how he scored his 1st goal a few weeks ago.

Nicky Bailley and Jacko made a run late or blindside into the box their trademark move - and scored plenty.
    Kashi's got good technique; if another player is sitting, let him make late runs and get forward.

• Good strike, keeper should have saved i thought...
  • Sponsored links:

• Good strike, keeper should have saved i thought...

Which, undoubtedly unstoppable as some shots are, seems often the case that a distance shot looks like it should have been saved. Makes it all the more worthwhile having a go from distance if there is something about them that goalkeepers can struggle with judging them...
  • Dont bother changing the thread title to 'Could be the the turning point' if we dont get automatics we would ignore the 'could' and give you pelters in a few months anyway. Its the done thing.....
  • Two things. 1) We didn’t see a load more players having a pop after the goal so doesn’t exactly suggest they all took a lesson from it. 2) we’d won 3 of the previous 5 going into Saturday so if the season turned anywhere it was a few weeks back. Way too soon to say the season has turned anyway though.
  • Reeves twice, JFC twice and Kashi once again?
  • Leuth said:

Reeves twice, JFC twice and Kashi once again?

Sounds like the making of a good terrace song there...