Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watching on iFollow? Feedback please

All

I got so pissed off on Tuesday with the audio being about 3 seconds behind video (as it usually is for me) that I sent them a real stroppy complaint. I put my CAST signature on the email too, that really frightened them :-)

So I just got this reply. Could anyone watching let me know if your audio and video are properly synched?

You should certainly know, when the MKD equaliser goes in...

Hi Richard,

We have released an enhancement to the service over the last week that should improve the viewing experience.

We will also be monitoring today's game to see if there is any delays between the audio and video

Regards,
Dean
iFollow Support

Comments

• Options
    “are any delays between the audio and video”
  • Options
    I've seen about 5 now on iFollow (from abroad). There's always a 2-3 second difference between the visual and audio, including today.
  • Options
    Perhaps I am lightening fast with the match thread :wink:
  • Options
    Same for me, always a delay, no different today. Although picture quality was excellent today and didn't pause once, as it normally does. Also good that they left the camera rolling at the end so that we could see the reactions and celebrations.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I think there was still a slight lag in the audio. Definitely better than Tuesday.

The picture quality has gotten more stable (fewer freezes--though it's also possible that's my internet), and overall I'd say better as the season has gone on.

There were a couple moments where the picture went Sepia today, which I thought was very avant garde. Anyone can show a football match, few can turn it into art.
  • Options
    Audio starts off about a second behind and seems to get worse through the game - maybe 3 seconds or so adrift towards the end.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I tend to turn off ifollow sound and sync up sound from valley pass commentary by trial and error. Picture is my problem it is very low quality and very pixelated.
  • Options
    Right.
    if you go to ifollow, and also to Valley Pass and fiddle about with the Valley Pass slider thingy, it is just about possible to synch the Valley Pass commentary to the ifollow service. It does take a fair bit of fart-arseing about though.
    I only tried it once mind you, and I am sorry to say that when I could see the actual action, and also listened to the Valley Pass commentary, then the commentary did not accurately describe what I could see.
    I am sorry to say this because I usually get pulled up for being critical of the audio match commentators, and anyway I personally don't bother with the Valley Pass commentary any more because as an individual person I don't trust it.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I was watching a few minutes behind and I wondered if that's why the picture was so good today, though I still had the unsynched audio problem, however after I replayed the first goal, the synchronisation was almost correct, but by the end of the match it was well out again.

Still better than last time I watched; at least I didn't suffer a power cut on the stroke of half-time!
  • Options
    Thanks all, will provide them with that feedback.

Really, how difficult is it to synch audio and video and stream it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dunno, do they buffer differently?