Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Taxi for Pardew!

Comments

• There was a great stat flying around last week, that Alan Pardew has only won 7 of his last 51 premier league matches. Surely this man won't get another PL job now.
  • He must have a dossier. I mean he does put it about, allegedly...
  • edited March 2018
    In his post match interview on Sky he reckoned he was lost for words to his players on today's performance, most unusual for someone who is so full of BS. Must know his days are numbered and is looking forward to another pay off. Good work if you can get it :angry:
  • Stealing a living and making a fortune.
  • A quick google search throws up Super Al as having a net worth of £13.2 million and that was apparently when he was manager at a Palace.
  • They are all but down so they might as well keep him until the end of the season, especially as his contract may include a break clause in the case of relegation. He's done very well in a career of mediocrity as a player and manager. I guess it helps pay his lawyers. That his Wiki page deals almost as much with controversies says it all.
  • Despite some above thinking he will get another job, I'm convinced that this time he will fall off the Premiership roundabout once and for all. There's only so many times that you can pull the wool over peoples eyes and he has now reached that point.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

I don't understand how an honourable man like Curbs is out of work when that s*** Pardew continually gets employed.

Curbs has alot to do with that.

Dunno how true the rumours where he did not want to manage outside the top league or outside London, but if true that stopped him managing
  • edited March 2018
    LenGlover said:

I don't understand how an honourable man like Curbs is out of work when that s*** Pardew continually gets employed.

I agree with you Len but didn't he mark his own card by suing his employer for breach of contract and technically making himself unemployable?
  • RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

I agree with you Len but didn't he mark his own card by suing his employer for breach of contract and technically making himself unemployable?
    Yes
  • RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

He wasnt unemployable though , unless you weren’t gonna stick with contract agreeements .
    He thought he had villa job but houllier got it
    Hull he turned down
    Wolves was too short a contract so another one he turned down
    All prem jobs at the time
  • edited March 2018

RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

He wasnt unemployable though , unless you weren’t gonna stick with contract agreeements .
    Hull he turned down
    Fair enough but no doubt his actions would have put some chairman off in the close knit world of pro football and cut down his opportunities. It's a shame because he had more to offer and I wonder if in hindsight he regrets not taking one of those gigs he was offered.
  • Bloke is a bullshitting piece of dog excrement, made loads of £ dosh though on the back of his uselesness, now for punditry.

Surely a lot of the blame lies with those giving him contracts, no?
  • Always get the impression from Curbs that the role had to be perfect for him to go in and be Manager.

You've gotta respect that as there are a lot of Managers out there who appear to have sold their souls with various comments only to backtrack.

Yes its kept the likes Pardew in a job with plenty of pay offs... Yet at least Curbs still has his reputation!!
  • Really couldn’t happen to a nicer fellow, if he gets another Prem Job it would take a miracle. Time to get some younger managers and rid ourselves of these old fossils
  • RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

Hull he turned down
    Villa would have been a good fit.
  • Pardew's won just 7 of his last 51 PL matches - that's impressive and one can see why WBA jumped at the chance of securing his services.
  • Sponsored links:

• A quick google search throws up Super Al as having a net worth of £13.2 million and that was apparently when he was manager at a Palace.

If that's true, that's pretty astonishing and rather annoying as I cant stand the bloke. Maybe he invested his money well when he was a player? Surely that cant be from his ''managing'' jobs?

If that's true, that's pretty astonishing and rather annoying as I cant stand the bloke. Maybe he invested his money well when he was a player? Surely that cant be from his ''managing'' jobs?

Well I recall reading that we sold Luke Varney (for £1.1m) to cover the cost of his contract termination. Sacked at Saints and Palace so severance payments there, and he's coining it in while he's actually working, so £13m doesn't sound unrealistic. Sadly.
  • Pullis was sacked because WBA were 4th from bottom and 5 points above bottom. They are now rock bottom and 7 points behind the next side.

They've got nothing to lose if they sack him now - they will have to at the end of the season anyway. Get in someone totally different on a short term contract to the end of the season with the promise of a £1m bonus if they do stay up - someone like Hoddle for example. Not everyone's cup of tea, granted, but is different and that's what they need at the moment.
  • edited March 2018

Pullis was sacked because WBA were 4th from bottom and 5 points above bottom. They are now rock bottom and 7 points behind the next side.

They've got nothing to lose if they sack him now - they will have to at the end of the season anyway. Get in someone totally different on a short term contract to the end of the season with the promise of a £1m bonus if they do stay up - someone like Hoddle for example. Not everyone's cup of tea, granted, but is different and that's what they need at the moment.

HODDLE????!!!! Hes an even bigger egotist than Pardew.
  • Halix said:

Pullis was sacked because WBA were 4th from bottom and 5 points above bottom. They are now rock bottom and 7 points behind the next side.

HODDLE????!!!! An even bigger egotist than Pardew.
    As I say not everyone's cup of tea but is different in the sense that he does have tactical nous. And has played and managed at the vet top. Which Pardew hasn't on either count. It has to be someone who is going to make an immediate impact and not a "slow burner" because they have to start winning games now.
  • Alan Pardew’s agent must be world class
  • Should have sacked Pardew a month ago when it was clearly failing. An impact manager who has no impact is a waste of time. They would have given themselves a chance then despite some very quickly forgotten backlash by bits of the media on how little time they would had given big nose.

They should definitely get rid now to start preparing for next season.
  • Pardew is playing the same game he did when with us. He's begging to be sacked and admitted that the chairman should look at taking the club in a new direction (replace him) yet he doesn't resign. Cretinous.
  • edited March 2018

Always get the impression from Curbs that the role had to be perfect for him to go in and be Manager.

You've gotta respect that as there are a lot of Managers out there who appear to have sold their souls with various comments only to backtrack.

Yes its kept the likes Pardew in a job with plenty of pay offs... Yet at least Curbs still has his reputation!!

Does he?

Maybe with us, don't think any others in the world of football feel the same.
  • Well at least West Brom are no longer playing boring midtable premiership football. Their fans thought Pulis had taken the Club as far as he could.

Where have I heard that before?