Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Timing

I was on a tram this morning, only going about 4 or 5 stops so I stood by the door. It pulls in a tram stop and the last ones to get in was a young mum and a little boy, probably about 3 years old, running late by the sound of it and on the way to nursery before she dashed off to work. As the doors closed and the tram strarted moving the little boy who had clearly been trying to tell his mummy something but it was coming out as a whine finally got her attention and said ‘but we didn’t beep the car’...followed by his mummy realising what he’d just said and repeating ‘we didn’t beep the car...’

Comments

• edited February 2018
  • bellz2002 said:

I think he means they'd left the car unlocked.
  • se9addick said:

A story that will endure the ages.

Not to the dinosaurs on here and only if you don’t have to explain to your grandkids what a car was...

A bit like that advert where the kid asks ‘what’s a computer ?’...
  • I was on a tram this morning, only going about 4 or 5 stops so I stood by the door. It pulls in a tram stop and the last ones to get in was a young mum and a little boy, probably about 3 years old, running late by the sound of it and on the way to nursery before she dashed off to work. As the doors closed and the tram strarted moving the little boy who had clearly been trying to tell his mummy something but it was coming out as a whine finally got her attention and said ‘but we didn’t beep the car’...followed by his mummy realising what he’d just said and repeating ‘we didn’t beep the car...’

That is young for a mum
    It's about the average age in Croydon these days.
  • I was on a tram this morning, only going about 4 or 5 stops so I stood by the door. It pulls in a tram stop and the last ones to get in was a young mum and a little boy, probably about 3 years old, running late by the sound of it and on the way to nursery before she dashed off to work. As the doors closed and the tram strarted moving the little boy who had clearly been trying to tell his mummy something but it was coming out as a whine finally got her attention and said ‘but we didn’t beep the car’...followed by his mummy realising what he’d just said and repeating ‘we didn’t beep the car...’

That is young for a mum
    It's about the average age in Croydon these days.
    Wouldn't surprise me
  • bellz2002 said:

I think he means they'd left the car unlocked.
    Right. Makes more sense now. I thought it meant beep the horn!
  • I thought the beep was replacing a swear word... took me a while to realise it wasnt
  • 17 year old step daughter saw an old C60 audio tape of mine and asked 'what on earth is this'?

#feelingold
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

17 year old step daughter saw an old C60 audio tape of mine and asked 'what on earth is this'?

#feelingold

That just reminded me of an article in today’s Times about NASA sending gold LPs into space on Voyager 1 and Voyager 2.

Cue posts asking what’s an LP and what’s Voyager 1 and Voyager 2...
  • Addickted said:

17 year old step daughter saw an old C60 audio tape of mine and asked 'what on earth is this'?

#feelingold

That just reminded me of an article in today’s Times about NASA sending gold LPs into space on Voyager 1 and Voyager 2.

Cue posts asking what’s an LP and what’s Voyager 1 and Voyager 2...
    Star Trek innit
  • And of course somebody standing on a soap box probably would have to stand on several soap boxes to get the same effect as years ago...