Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham FC

It would be a new low if they finish above us but it just shows how a manager who knows the club inside out can turns things around instantly.

Johnnie Jackson or Jason Euell next manager perhaps?

Comments

• Noticed last night for the first time just how close to us, both them and plymouth are.
    For almost half the season they were both in the relegation zone, now they're on our tails.

Plymouth have won 9, drawn 3 and lost 1 (to Wigan) since December. Second half of the season form like that will almost certainly carry you to a play off place.
  • DiscoCAFC said:

It would be a new low if they finish above us but it just shows how a manager who knows the club inside out can turns things around instantly.

With the greatest respect to both I hope not.

If the ambition of our new owners equates to appointing either then we are still in trouble.

To be fair you could question the ambitions of Slater etc. when they appointed Powell as he'd never been anything more than what Jackson or Euell are now

Its like finding a good Striker, sometimes it'll pay off signing someone who did it the year before (Ajose), other times it'll pay off signing someone who doesn't have the best of goalscoring records (Kermorgant)
  • they've done the double over us this season that's bad enough, with regards to jackson being the new manager i love a fairytale but personally i don't think he has it in him.
  • DiscoCAFC said:

With the greatest respect to both I hope not.

If the ambition of our new owners equates to appointing either then we are still in trouble.

To be fair you could question the ambitions of Slater etc. when they appointed Powell as he'd never been anything more than what Jackson or Euell are now

Its like finding a good Striker, sometimes it'll pay off signing someone who did it the year before (Ajose), other times it'll pay off signing someone who doesn't have the best of goalscoring records (Kermorgant)
    I’m sure both will go on to be successful coaches in their own right but to appoint either would be a huge gamble and I’m hoping that any new owner has a plan with ambition enough not to need to gamble.

• The Jills doing the double over us is a "perfect" epitaph for the reign of that Belgian tosser. Keep thinking there are no new lows... but
  • DiscoCAFC said:

4 points behind us with a game in hand, wouldnt exactly say they are gonna finish above us.

Yes we have dropped points recently
    But with injuries to Page and Pearce both ending and both playing for under 23s, we should hopefully see them in first team soon,

I still think we will finish in top 6 and wouod be very surprised if Gillingham finished above us.
  • DiscoCAFC said:

4 points behind us with a game in hand, wouldnt exactly say they are gonna finish above us.

But with injuries to Page and Pearce both ending and both playing for under 23s, we should hopefully see them in first team soon,

I still think we will finish in top 6 and wouod be very surprised if Gillingham finished above us.
    Page is a left back. would you drop Jay Da Silva?!
  • edited February 2018
    LenGlover said:

DiscoCAFC said:

I agree, but I'd also consider pushing Dasilva forwards...

Yesterday the only player to attack with more intent was Fosu; Dasilva though, knows when to pass
  • LenGlover said:

DiscoCAFC said:

No but if Da Silva needs a rest we have decent cover, Da Silva has played alot of games.
    Also with Page we can push Da Silva further up and have Page as LB
  • Sponsored links:

• DiscoCAFC said:

I wouldn't be to sure if I was you. Gills in their last 10 league games have won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1. In our last 10 games, we have won 3, drawn 4 and lost 3. We've only won 3 of our last 14 league games. Gills quite clearly have a very talented manager who knows how to get the best out of a very average squad in this league. Where as we have a very talented squad for this league with a manager bereft of ideas.
  • LenGlover said:

DiscoCAFC said:

I agree, but I'd also consider pushing Dasilva forwards...

Yesterday the only player to attack with more intent was Fosu; Dasilva though, knows when to pass

LenGlover said:

DiscoCAFC said:

No but if Da Silva needs a rest we have decent cover, Da Silva has played alot of games.
    Also with Page we can push Da Silva further up and have Page as LB
    Great minds @ForeverAddickted
  • DiscoCAFC said:

I wouldn't be to sure if I was you. Gills in their last 10 league games have won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1. In our last 10 games, we have won 3, drawn 4 and lost 3. We've only won 3 of our last 14 league games. Gills quite clearly have a very talented manager who knows how to get the best out of a very average squad in this league. Where as we have a very talented squad for this league with a manager bereft of ideas.
    How much can you rely on form.
    How often do teams have a good run then lose once and struggle for ponts.

Wasnt that long ago believe it or not we were 2nd in the form guide based on a 5 game period.

All it takes is 1 defeat or 1 injury and the form can dissappear
  • DiscoCAFC said:

Wasnt that long ago believe it or not we were 2nd in the form guide based on a 5 game period.

I'm such an idiot for thinking form means anything in football ever. Sorry mate. In all seriousness, just have a long look at your reply and have a little reflection on what you have just wrote.

• edited February 2018

DiscoCAFC said:

I'm such an idiot for thinking form means anything in football ever. Sorry mate. In all seriousness, just have a long look at your reply and have a little reflection on what you have just wrote.

Nothing wrong with what I wrote.

Form is important yes, but its not the be all and end all is it.
    Wigan form team lose 2 games in a row.

We had a spell earlier in season 9 games without defeat in the league.
    Lost to Scunny then we didnt win for 9 games.

All I am saying is form changes 1 defeat 1 injury and it upsets the balance.
  • LenGlover said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Dropping him is a big ask, just let Pagey start the game and after 20 minutes he'll disappear again and Da Silva can carry on like nothings happened. ;)
  • DiscoCAFC said:

Thank god, the answer to all of our problems. A shite left back.
  • I’d rather have Powell back as cover at left back than Page.