Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bradford 13/2/18 post-match views

Comments

• Options

Not playing aribo is becoming baffling

I don't understand why people find this difficult. Robinson does not trust him and nor do I.

He only gets involved when we've got momentum and when were under the kosh he hides away. He never tracks back and turns us into a ten man team.

He's obviously a good player but definitely a liability.
    Unfair, I've seen him in many games putting in a real shift
  • Options

Not playing aribo is becoming baffling

I don't understand why people find this difficult. Robinson does not trust him and nor do I.

He only gets involved when we've got momentum and when were under the kosh he hides away. He never tracks back and turns us into a ten man team.

He's obviously a good player but definitely a liability.
    Not true. He was excellent in the point we battled for away at Wigan.
    This^^^ and was instrumental in the 1-0 away win at Bury with a Cruyff turn in the box before setting up Marshall; for the winner.
  • Options

Well that was disappointing. I agree with Robo that the refs needed to give Fosu in particular more protection - he was destroyed tonight, they tried to foul him pretty much each time he got the ball. How their defender was not sent off in the second half I don’t know.

Some of the football was better than anything I have seen for a few years and worthy of the entry fee but as always we don’t seem to kill teams off and on scoring everything changed.

The defence looks very brittle at the moment too and we don’t look like getting a clean sheet.

Play offs are still there and achievable then anything can happen.

Come on you reds.

I agree with this. If I were KR it's not what I would have lead with in my presser, but the kickings Fosu has been getting, all year really, are absurd.
  • Options
    AFKA nailed it with his points

So so frustrating watching us at the moment

There is a proper team in there somewhere but it’s not quite right and as much as I like Robbo can’t help thinking that an old hand would probably do a better job

KR is properly stuck between stick and twist last 15
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

@AFKABartram

10/10 for me there.

Also bonus for not writing off Zyro on the basis of a 6 minute cameo in a late panic.

Second this (both @AFKA's post being excellent and that we should write Zyro off).
    Ah well, the boss just did. TBF I couldn't see on the stream his failure to track back. He's not exactly match fit, and as someone else said, I could not work out where KR wanted him to play. It seemed like a mass panic of attacking subs.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

se9addick said:

I won't go into KR too much, it's all been said above to be honest.

One thing I want to pick up on which I think is at least a major contributing factor (if not the reason) for being unable to hold a lead is the utter lack of leadership on the pitch. I think a lot of our problems stem from having no one who seems to organise or give the team shape.

Maybe a fit Jason Pearce will organise the defence.

But in truth, we have no one in midfield capable of driving the team on.
    No Kinsella type. Not even a Jacko.

And really, no skipper, no leader.

Said this earlier when at the game. No proper Captain and as for JFC (lovely player) and Kashi, I have spent much of the season wondering what they do.... defend-rarely, break up play-rarely, provide nice pass-occasionally, provide drive-rarely. The point made about Aribo was well made, seems a stronger player to me.

As for tonight, although disappointing after recent results and a good first half, Bradford must have had more clear cut chances throughout. Worth their point but we do have a problem.
  • Options
    Agree with those saying ref didn't give fosu and others enough protection. The challenge on ajose at the end was close to assault
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018
    No leader on the pitch. They remind me of a poor man's Harlem globetrotters. Full of flicks and tricks but no substance. How kulkai stayed on the pitch past 50 mins I'll never know. As you may have guessed I'm rather fond of paul Mortimer but when it wasn't working for him even I wanted him pulled!
    And please go 442 for f*cks sake. We have loads of wingers so play them there!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Here we go..............

Echo a lot of what has already been said on here. JFC or Kashi but not both - too similar and do not produce enough going forward. In their place comes Aribo. Subs should have come on at 70 mins (Aribo & Zyro) although Zyro did little when he did finally make an appearance. I'm so glad we got him in & let KAG go out on loan - what a great bit of business. I've given up on the season (although have already got our tickets for Saturday). We don't deserve to go up (or even get into the play-offs) and think Plymouth will be ahead of us in the table come May.

I see Robinson in now blaming the ref. Can't wait to see who he'll be blaming at 5pm on Saturday - the mascot ???. The bloke is a chancer & a one trick pony.

Only positives were Da Silva (again), Fosu, Magennis & Bauer. Marshall is a poor mans Mickey Bonnet. Solly has lost a yard of pace & is no way captain material. Bauer should take that honour. Kaikai looked ok first half (but then all 11 did) but faded rapidly in the 2nd & the 2 defensive / holding midfielders were as good as useless. Jan Molby did more from the centre circle than the 2 put together. We have no guile, no penetrative passes, no thrust. Fosu tries had & is exciting, but is now taking over from Holmes & is being taken out at every opportunity. We simply do not play like a team. There is no cohesion, no-one knows what to expect, what his team mate is going to do.

As for a previous poster who said that we are going to win on Saturday........I'd like some of what he is on. We will score our obligatory 1 goal & then lay down & surrender. All I can thank KR for is that I now wont have to miss the BMW Championships at Wentworth which is being played over the play-off final weekend.

PS. I got Golfie Jnr to check the possession stats after 20 mins as I didn't think Bradford had got into or box up until then, 82% -18%. We then scored & let them back into the game. To paraphrase Oscar Wilde - to lose 3 points once is unfortunate, to lose them twice seems like carelessness, to lose them 3 times should mean the sack.
  • Options
    I think I am going to get a gypsy to piss in every corner of the pitch, I swear we are cursed
  • Options

I'm not sure why we can't see out games despite being the better side in almost all of them - and I don't have any evidence that anyone here knows either.

I thought we were excellent for the first 25 minutes and I was delighted that we had a goal to show for it. But we are unable to keep up our possession game, then are unable to compete physically. That said, I'm not sure anyone in particular had a bad game.

Fosu was superb and Bauer was excellent at the back. Thought Magennis looked more confident too.

I was worried that Robbo was going to bring on Aribo and Zyro early in the second half, both of whom I hold response for our defeat to Oxford for lack of effort. Fortunately he only brought Zyro on who again looked disinterested.

I think we'll beat the MK Dons at the weekend comfortably and hopefully that will shut up the fools on here who unfortunately have discovered fire and the internet and who want Robbo out.

At this point you have to be on a wind up mate, why exactly would anyone be foolish for not rating Robinson? The football isn't anywhere near as pretty as made out, a major factor as to why it was early doors was because of Clarke and Holmes, as soon as Clarke was injured and Holmes fell off a bit we haven't looked anywhere near as good.

I just don't see how a win against MK Dons would 'shut up' fans who simply just want more from the club?
    Because for as long as I've followed the club (I appreciate it is a shorter time period than a lot on this board), people have wanted the sacking of the manager.

It doesn't matter who the manager is, whether they've been in charge for 3 months or a year, they've "got to go".

I must be the only supporter who enjoys having managerial consistency and quite frankly I do quite enjoy seeing us out-football other teams, even if we don't always see it through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The result like the match was totally predictable. We started well, deservedly took the lead, but as soon as we scored we lost the initiative and Bradford came more into the game. We offered little 2nd half and the equaliser was as inevitable as night follows day,. After that we huffed and puffed a bit but it was all too little too late and they had the better chances to win it, although overall a draw was a fair result. It is all very frustrating, but we are still very much in the Play-Off chase although so are a lot of other teams now. As for KR I don't think he was brought in for us to finish 8th or thereabouts as I fear we will, and unless we do scramble into the Play-Offs and somehow win them I will be amazed if he is still here come the start of next season.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

cabbles said:

Cracks are starting to shown in KR’s tactical approach but I genuinely believe the team as a whole aren’t good enough

There’s not enough quality in that team to get promoted. Think we are kidding ourselves a bit if we think there is

Also baffled as to why 3 straight wins and Aribo gets dumped. We’ve now gone 3 games without winning since he was dropped

I said this in a thread a while ago. Seen so many Charlton fans say 'Kashi and JFC, don't get much better than that in league1' but how do people actually know that, are people just guessing? Cause Shrewsbury are top again and I don't have a clue about any of their players bar maybe 3

I think we massively overrate the players we have. The only two I would genuinely be happy with long term and going into the championship (when it happens) would be Bauer and Fosu. Rest aren't all that
    Exactly what I was saying. I looked them up and they brought in players from Man Utd, Swansea and Burnley of the Premier League, and players from Championship clubs Middlesborough, Reading, Wolves, Derby, Sheffield Utd, Barnsley and two from Norwich. Some were loans, some undisclosed fees.

Someone was saying we should be higher up the table than Shrewsbury because we have higher attendances than they do, but that has nothing to do with it.

I'd like to know how much cash Robinson has had to spend under Duchatelet, and how much the little Belgian has 'made' from selling our best players over that period. Worth bearing in mind. Virtually zero for the first, and quite a few millions for the second.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Said it before and i'll say it again, we have a much better squad than Shrewsbury. But we have a manager who has 1 formation, no clue on how to adjust things depending on how the game is developing and who doesn't appear to know how to get the best out of his players.

If we'd swapped managers back in August then i'd bet every last penny that the Shrewsbury manager would have us higher in the table than 7th, and that Robinson would have Shrewsbury nowhere near the play offs.
  • Options

Said it before and i'll say it again, we have a much better squad than Shrewsbury. But we have a manager who has 1 formation, no clue on how to adjust things depending on how the game is developing and who doesn't appear to know how to get the best out of his players.

If we'd swapped managers back in August then i'd bet every last penny that the Shrewsbury manager would have us higher in the table than 7th, and that Robinson would have Shrewsbury nowhere near the play offs.

Why? Where's your evidence.

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have roughly similar squads. Your comments about the Shrewsbury manager are all speculation. I'm guessing you don't even know his name.

Criticise Robbo by all means, and I did in my match review, but leave Shrewsbury and their squad of legends out of it.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Cracks are starting to shown in KR’s tactical approach but I genuinely believe the team as a whole aren’t good enough

There’s not enough quality in that team to get promoted. Think we are kidding ourselves a bit if we think there is

Also baffled as to why 3 straight wins and Aribo gets dumped. We’ve now gone 3 games without winning since he was dropped

Don't tell @Chris_from_Sidcup ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Perhaps we could have a bad decision of the season competition:

THIS TREATMENT OF NICKY AJOSE IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE SORT YOURSELF OUT @EFL pic.twitter.com/NH6aFd3FqN

— Oliver (@HashtagOliverK) 14 February 2018

• Options
    Why does Robinson insist on this Lennon for da silva substitution ? And why has he ditched Aribo altogether ?
  • Options
    Sick of his excuses. Not once has he taken any personal responsibility for the last three games.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    wmcf123 said:

Why does Robinson insist on this Lennon for da silva substitution ? And why has he ditched Aribo altogether ?

It's the aerial bombardment thing. It worked when it was Sarr. It hasn't when using Lennon.

And why has he ditched Aribo altogether ? Wish I knew.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Perhaps we could have a bad decision of the season competition:

THIS TREATMENT OF NICKY AJOSE IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE SORT YOURSELF OUT @EFL pic.twitter.com/NH6aFd3FqN

— Oliver (@HashtagOliverK) 14 February 2018

Tell me he was booked for that , I don’t think it’s a red cos of where he was going more of an orange !