Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So here's to you, Mr Robinson.

Comments

• Options
    I am currently in the quite like Karl but he's a bit one dimensional camp. Tuesday night/Wednesday morning I was in the "FFS surely he has to go" camp.
    He needs to find a plan B.

If we were talking clean slate, new manager, and Sir Chris is unavailable (which at the moment he definitely is) then Nathan Jones is a good call. Imagine a manager who gets players scoring goals!
  • Options
    If we finish top 6, can't see us being consistent over the 3 playoff games
  • Options
    rikofold said:

We're in touch, despite a poor run, and if KR can get us on good form for the run in we can go into the play offs with confidence.
    Plenty to play for yet.

Funnily enough, last season we finished with a flourish.
    Unbeaten run in the last 8 or 9.

Coincided with the return of Jason Pearce.
    Might be a moral to the story here?

• Options
    Nathan Jones signed a 4 year contact in January I believe.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    addick05 said:

your point being?

All that really does is ensure Luton get compensation.

• Options

addick05 said:

your point being?

All that really does is ensure Luton get compensation.

Indeed. If contracts had any genuine value in terms of tying someone to an employer then:

- Scott Parker would have lead us to UEFA Cup qualification before leaving at the end of the season.
    - we wouldn't be able to have a thread contemplating the joyous prospect of terminating the contract of Gobby Pleaseshutupinson.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Has he gone yet?

• Options
    addick05 said:

Means nothing these days. I heard on a podcast that Heckingbottom signed a new contract with Barnsley and the following week he was gone to Leeds.
  • Options

addick05 said:

Means nothing these days. I heard on a podcast that Heckingbottom signed a new contract with Barnsley and the following week he was gone to Leeds.
    I heard Scott Parker signed a four yea....

Move on, Bob, move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rananegra said:

I Imagine a manager who gets players scoring goals!

Christ, enough the likes of Plymouth and Walsall were smashing in four on Tuesday while we were dicking around trying to cling on to a one goal lead.

I don’t like the constant desire to move on managers as soon as things get a bit wonky but the lack of goals and lack of creating too many chances is a concern. I would definitely give him the rest of the season though and, if it peters out, look to change in the summer. That is very much on the basis of new owners and Duchatelet leaving as we will not do any better than Karl whilst he owns the club.

Whatever happens, he’ll have my respect- he clearly cares very much about Charlton and has given everything to the job, I still hope he succeeds.....
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.

Who would we like to replace Karl?

Totally inappropriate thread.
    No it isn't.
    Are you aware the club is about to get new owners?

Do you seriously think they will keep him?

Inappropriate? That's laughable.
    I’m sure there is a debate to be had around this but considering you started a thread about replacing the manager midway through a game when we were winning at the time and while most of us are at the game cheering on the team, that’s more laughable to me to be honest
    I apologise for being out of the country.
    Perhaps we should take down all the takeover threads too if it undermines the team?
    Give it up fella. Your thread hasn’t really taken off. Which is fine. Have started some myself that never really got going. It’s no big deal.
    When do we consider a thread to have taken off? ;)
  • Options

If we finish top 6, can't see us being consistent over the 3 playoff games

If we manage top six, with the current incumbent, consistency over the 3 play-off games won't be an issue.

However, consistency over two halves...
  • Options
    HandG said:

rananegra said:

I Imagine a manager who gets players scoring goals!

Christ, enough the likes of Plymouth and Walsall were smashing in four on Tuesday while we were dicking around trying to cling on to a one goal lead.

I don’t like the constant desire to move on managers as soon as things get a bit wonky but the lack of goals and lack of creating too many chances is a concern. I would definitely give him the rest of the season though and, if it peters out, look to change in the summer. That is very much on the basis of new owners and Duchatelet leaving as we will not do any better than Karl whilst he owns the club.

Whatever happens, he’ll have my respect- he clearly cares very much about Charlton and has given everything to the job, I still hope he succeeds.....
    Peters out?
    Bit inappropriate, and really bad timing.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

No it isn't.

I’m sure there is a debate to be had around this but considering you started a thread about replacing the manager midway through a game when we were winning at the time and while most of us are at the game cheering on the team, that’s more laughable to me to be honest
    Perhaps we should take down all the takeover threads too if it undermines the team?
    Give it up fella. Your thread hasn’t really taken off. Which is fine. Have started some myself that never really got going. It’s no big deal.
    I think a thread can be considered to have taken off, once it goes off on a tangent.
    What is everybody having for their tea tonight? I'm having fajitas.
  • Options

addick05 said:

Point taken chaps, I guess these 'contracts' really aren't worth much. Just have a feeling that whoever the new owners are I don't see the point in getting rid of KR at this stage of the season. We are, however tenuous, still in touch with the play-off places.
    No new manager would be able to improve on that as the front runners are too far ahead to catch up to.
    Let's just hope we can maintain that, however, we have games in hand but some mega fixtures coming up - let's see where we are after those.

• Options
    HarryLime said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

No it isn't.

I think a thread can be considered to have taken off, once it goes off on a tangent.
    What is Fajita having?
  • Options

HarryLime said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

No it isn't.

What is Fajita having?
    You being a bit racist there bruv? Only joking.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Plan B ? The only plan Fergie had in Europe was to have 4 strikers : Sheringham, Cole, solskjaer and Yorke who could rotate. CAFC have had 1 misfiring striker for most of the season and relied on midfielders to score. No plan B works if it doesn't include at least 2 strikers who can score 18 -24 goals in this mediocre division.
  • Options

Plan B ? The only plan Fergie had in Europe was to have 4 strikers : Sheringham, Cole, solskjaer and Yorke who could rotate. CAFC have had 1 misfiring striker for most of the season and relied on midfielders to score. No plan B works if it doesn't include at least 2 strikers who can score 18 -24 goals in this mediocre division.

You don’t need 40 goals from 2 strikers but I get the general point.

Nevertheless, I think Robinson can guide us to top 6 but can’t see us going up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Even without a manager, we should achieve top six.
  • Options
    He tried to sign Davies from Oldham on deadline day for 250 k and wanted the deal real bad as he was going to lose big josh

Davies makes me look like pele and big Josh like Messi

That’s how thick and two bob gobbinson is

I hope he goes soon if that’s his idea of talent spotting
  • Options

What a load of bollocks. One minute you are moaning that the club fires managers to quickly, we are one position from the play offs, and you want to sack the manager? At least the guy has passion, unlike those that sit on here slagging off the club, manager, players and the good thing is they don’t even go.

Sometimes I think I'm the only one speaking sense, but turns out there are 2 of us.

If people on here got their way, we'd have 20 managers a season, justified by some nonsense about formations and being "found out".
  • Options

I was being greedy there saying 2 striker getting 18-24 goals. One getting 24 would emulate SWP who found league defences to his liking. I would take 6th place as I feel 7th is the most likely. Could Ajose still have a part to play ?
  • Options
    It was BWP who was better than Shaun! I can't see Ajose doing the business for us. He is unable to create anything for himself.
  • Options
    So, Pardew should be available soon.....
  • Options
    How many flags is that worth I wonder?
  • Options

So, Pardew should be available soon.....

Like he'd lower himself to League One!