Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So here's to you, Mr Robinson.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2018

What a load of bollocks. One minute you are moaning that the club fires managers to quickly, we are one position from the play offs, and you want to sack the manager? At least the guy has passion, unlike those that sit on here slagging off the club, manager, players and the good thing is they don’t even go.

“......jumpers for goal posts”

• Options

What a load of bollocks. One minute you are moaning that the club fires managers to quickly, we are one position from the play offs, and you want to sack the manager? At least the guy has passion, unlike those that sit on here slagging off the club, manager, players and the good thing is they don’t even go.

Woah! Easy tiger!
    I'm not calling for him to be sacked. Where have I said that?

I'm saying new owners will want a new manager and I'm asking who we think they might choose or we might want.
  • Options
    Robinson's whole persona strikes me as someone with serious self confidence issues.

The whole talky talky confidence image he portrays is a facade.
  • Options

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.

Who would we like to replace Karl?

Totally inappropriate thread.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

No it isn't.
    Are you aware the club is about to get new owners?

Do you seriously think they will keep him?

Inappropriate? That's laughable.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

No it isn't.

It just undermines the team at a crucial time of the season. When we have new owners, then fine. But we haven’t now, so to me it’s just bandwagon jumping.
  • Options
    Oh and looking at the thread I see I’m not the only one who thinks your timing’s a little off.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I think KR has worked incredibly hard since he got here and looked under the bonnet of a Duchatalet owned football club and realised how bad it is. Had Lookman sold and was given pocket change to reinvest

Felt we picked up a couple of decent players in the summer given that we were largely limited to free transfers and loans

The season started well and for a period, we looked like we could challenge. Not disputing a lot of the points his detractors raise, but would like to see what he can do with a stable owner and a fresh start, as I don’t think many managers could do a good job under RD

Well said. He’s driving me nuts at the moment, but I agree with every word.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Woah! Easy tiger!
    I'm not calling for him to be sacked. Where have I said that?

I'm saying new owners will want a new manager and I'm asking who we think they might choose or we might want.
    When you said ‘he's got to go’ perhaps?

Look Arthur, no offence, but to me it’s just bad form, to coin an old fashioned term. Give the bloke a chance to redeem himself before new owners come in. He must know that the last three results have greatly damaged his cause while he’s under the spotlight, and he must be desperate to put things right.
    If he can’t, well there’ll be plenty of time to start a thread like this when the axe falls. Show a tiny bit of respect for the fella.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the club were not for sale and under the process of due diligence then perhaps this thread might have some relevance.

But under the current circumstances nothing will change.

• Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

No it isn't.

It just undermines the team at a crucial time of the season. When we have new owners, then fine. But we haven’t now, so to me it’s just bandwagon jumping.
    I'm sure they are all super worried about what's posted on CL.
    You don’t think any of the players take a peek on here? I’d be very surprised if they don’t.
    Perhaps they’re the once’s calling for Robbo’s head ;-)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

No it isn't.

I'm sure they are all super worried about what's posted on CL.
    You don’t think any of the players take a peek on here? I’d be very surprised if they don’t.
    Perhaps they’re the once’s calling for Robbo’s head ;-)
    I'm sure they do, however if it was to bother them so much as to undermine the team, they are probably better off finding another profession.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

No it isn't.

I’m sure there is a debate to be had around this but considering you started a thread about replacing the manager midway through a game when we were winning at the time and while most of us are at the game cheering on the team, that’s more laughable to me to be honest
  • Options

14 points from the last 14 games scoring 14 and conceding 19 is not good enough in this league
    Especially when earlier in the season we got 34 points from 17 games scoring 27 and letting in 19 .

Something isn’t right clearly and as someone who was keen on his enthusiasm it’s beginning to look like he may just be a blagger and our future potential problems were pointed out by mk dons fan before they arrived .

a point per game ratio in the championship, L1 or L2 over the course of a season is relegation form.

I personally think that under new owners, only Promotion will do - that’s going to have to be via the play offs, I really can’t see that happening. If you look at the squad, it should be good enough to go straight up. The one thing we really lack, and have done for the duration of Robinson’s management is an out and out goalscorer. This, coupled with his insistence on not changing his formation is going to cost him.
  • Options
    Like phil Parkinson, I like him and he seems to really get what the club is about. However, like phil Parkinson he’s one dimensional and rarely deviates from plan a.

Like phil Parkinson, if he hits a bad run after the takeover he’s gone.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

No it isn't.

I’m sure there is a debate to be had around this but considering you started a thread about replacing the manager midway through a game when we were winning at the time and while most of us are at the game cheering on the team, that’s more laughable to me to be honest
    I apologise for being out of the country.
    Perhaps we should take down all the takeover threads too if it undermines the team?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

No it isn't.

Perhaps we should take down all the takeover threads too if it undermines the team?
    Give it up fella. Your thread hasn’t really taken off. Which is fine. Have started some myself that never really got going. It’s no big deal.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

No it isn't.

nothing to apologise for and nothing to do with undermining the team. Just finds it strange that people go out their way to start threads, like this one regarding replacing the manager, whilst in the middle of us playing a game.

Regardless of whether you are in Peckham or Peru.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JamesSeed said:

No it isn't.

nothing to apologise for and nothing to do with undermining the team. Just finds it strange that people go out their way to start threads, like this one regarding replacing the manager, whilst in the middle of us playing a game.

Mmm new owners from Peru? They'll change the kit to the white shirt with the red sash, I'll take my chances with Red Bull.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

JamesSeed said:

No it isn't.

Mmm new owners from Peru? They'll change the kit to the white shirt with the red sash, I'll take my chances with Red Bull.
    yay, Paddington Bear up front !!

• Options

Like phil Parkinson, I like him and he seems to really get what the club is about. However, like phil Parkinson he’s one dimensional and rarely deviates from plan a.

Parkinson is a far better manager - promotions at Col U, Bradford and Bolton. Got Bradford to a League Cup Final. Currently managing a Bolton side with next to no resources.

Look at the squad Parkinson had at Charlton and compare that to Robinson's.
    Agree but take into consideration KR started managing at a very young age and didn’t have anything like the playing career or experience Parkinson had
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

No it isn't.

That must be some holiday, if you put a post up whilst away about the current managers job. Laughable, Mind you i guess it is half term.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Parkinson is a far better manager - promotions at Col U, Bradford and Bolton. Got Bradford to a League Cup Final. Currently managing a Bolton side with next to no resources.

Look at the squad Parkinson had at Charlton and compare that to Robinson's.
    Agree but take into consideration KR started managing at a very young age and didn’t have anything like the playing career or experience Parkinson had
    Agree, we were harsh on Karel Fraeye given his experience was mainly in the Belgian lower leagues. Should have given him longer :wink:
  • Options
    clive said:
    "I never shy away from when I make a mistake" is up there with Donald Trump saying he is the "least racist person I know" in the self-delusional stakes
  • Options

14 points from the last 14 games scoring 14 and conceding 19 is not good enough in this league
    Especially when earlier in the season we got 34 points from 17 games scoring 27 and letting in 19 .

Something isn’t right clearly and as someone who was keen on his enthusiasm it’s beginning to look like he may just be a blagger and our future potential problems were pointed out by mk dons fan before they arrived .

It's not good enough, but unless we can place the blame at Robinson for the injuries I think it's a little unfair.

We used to be a club who saw improvement on the season before as success. There's no doubt that's been delivered, but our expectations are way out of kilter these days, especially considering the owner.

We could be under ambitious too, I get that. I just think we're all so short term, greeting every single setback with the air of total doom. The injuries disrupted us, even if they were the result of pre-season - and not every player had a pre-season with us - there's little can be done about that now. He has to manage what he has, with little help from the Belgian.

I didn't expect more than mid table frankly, so I've enjoyed the way we've played and perhaps am feeling a little more positive than others do.

We're in touch, despite a poor run, and if KR can get us on good form for the run in we can go into the play offs with confidence. Plenty to play for yet.
  • Options

HarryLime said:

JamesSeed said:

No it isn't.

yay, Paddington Bear up front !!

Ceviche instead of burgers and pisco sours instead of cooking lager!