Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So here's to you, Mr Robinson.

Comments

• Jackson & Bowyer until the end of the season would be my choice, if they do a great job maybe even get us promoted then let them stay in charge, if not then we start talking to Southend about compensation.

No point throwing in people so inexperienced with Uncle Roland still pulling the strings. If we are going to do that then we should wait until we have a new owner.
  • Roland won't sack Robinson because he would have to pay off his contract and then sign a new manager.
    So it is up to Robinson to ensure we make the playoffs to impress whoever our new owner is.
    Unfortunately I don't think he is good enough to take us up even though the squad should be good enough.
    New owners equal new manager and we start afresh.

Roland is quite happy to operate with no CEO and no replacement for the FO.

If he could, he'd operate with no manager just to save money but you are correct.

Roland isn't interested in Charlton or Robinson, just getting some of his money back.

Just sell the club.
  • He's in the same position as Phil Parkinson was when the Spivs took over. A reasonable manager but the new owners will want their own man. Thanks for the memories, Karl. Unfortunately, there weren't many of them.
  • Just want new owners and then get a decent manager who knows how to set a team up.
  • I think Karls days are numbered anyway, if I was spending £30 Million-£200 Million (Napas valuation) on a club, I would be spunking more dough on a decent manager, if only to try and protect my investment.
  • cabbles said:

I think KR has worked incredibly hard since he got here and looked under the bonnet of a Duchatalet owned football club and realised how bad it is. Had Lookman sold and was given pocket change to reinvest

Felt we picked up a couple of decent players in the summer given that we were largely limited to free transfers and loans

The season started well and for a period, we looked like we could challenge. Not disputing a lot of the points his detractors raise, but would like to see what he can do with a stable owner and a fresh start, as I don’t think many managers could do a good job under RD

There is no room for such logic and reason on this forum. Period.
  • edited February 2018
    I started the thread hoping for a wish list of realistic replacements.
    I am assuming Roland will have scurried off in the coming few weeks.
    The new crew will want their own man in charge, not Karl.
    So new owners, which new manager would we like?
  • I started the thread hoping for a wish list of realistic replacements.

Are you a scout or something?
  • Sponsored links:

• If I was a new owner, I’d get Llewellyn Curbishley in as Director of Football and whoever he wants as manager of the first team.
    Roland, just feck off and sell pronto, I've given up on this season, I don't want to be doing the same for next.
  • Nobby Vinegar.
  • The past 3 results are down to poor management, and dropping Aribo is just mind boggling! The man was our best player for 4 games on the spin, and hasn't featured since. Atrocious management
  • cabbles said:

I think KR has worked incredibly hard since he got here and looked under the bonnet of a Duchatalet owned football club and realised how bad it is. Had Lookman sold and was given pocket change to reinvest

Felt we picked up a couple of decent players in the summer given that we were largely limited to free transfers and loans

The season started well and for a period, we looked like we could challenge. Not disputing a lot of the points his detractors raise, but would like to see what he can do with a stable owner and a fresh start, as I don’t think many managers could do a good job under RD

That's all well & good but there's NO guarantee the horse will place the successful bid.

:smile:
  • tgarrat1 said:

The past 3 results are down to poor management, and dropping Aribo is just mind boggling! The man was our best player for 4 games on the spin, and hasn't featured since. Atrocious management

and I think KR only played Aribo when he no other option & had lost 5 of the last 6 games. Hadn't played him much before December & dropped him as soon as JFC was (half) fit.
  • To answer the OP, SCP is otherwise busy. Nathan Jones is doing very well, would like him. Luton have scored 7 I think once this season. Wow. Could you imagine it?

Under the Belgian numpty, no one is going to come in and KR is probably the best we can do.
  • mogodon said:

Jackson & Bowyer until the end of the season would be my choice, if they do a great job maybe even get us promoted then let them stay in charge, if not then we start talking to Southend about compensation.

No point throwing in people so inexperienced with Uncle Roland still pulling the strings. If we are going to do that then we should wait until we have a new owner.
    Got to disagree, we need Roland gone sure but I am not ready to throw away this season yet by sticking with Robinson's all show no substance style of football, especially when this League 1 is so weak.

I believe the more pragmatic approach of Jackson & Bowyer would secure a comfortable play-off spot and give us more character in the side for those hugely important games.

We need new owners but if they get to start their ownership with us gaining or having already gained promotion then all the better for everyone, as nobody wants us in this poxy league for another season if we can help it I am sure.
  • cafctom said:

I started the thread hoping for a wish list of realistic replacements.

Are you a scout or something?
    Girl Guide, actually, but thanks for asking.
  • Frank de Boar.

Or maybe the Scots will employ Robbie Neilson or Stuart McCall.

CAnt think of any Aussie managers except for Tommy Popovic.

Will they go big? British? Charlton connection? Or some joker from the Belgian indoor walking football league 3?
  • Sponsored links:

• Harry Kewell
  • Can we afford Crawleys pay off demands.?
    Plus his wife is called Sheree, so on that basis, I'm out :-)
  • Give the job to Jackson and Euell until the end of the season, with next seasons full appointment based on their performance!
  • Can we afford Crawleys pay off demands.?
    Plus his wife is called Sheree, so on that basis, I'm out :-)

Not saying we should get him, just that you asked if there were any other Oz managers.
  • Graham Potter at FC Osterstund would be worth a look. Done wonders in Europa league. English manager although linked with prem clubs. Maybe could be tempted by a project if new owners throw money at it
  • Waits for some bellend to post the Appleton photo. :disappointed:

I love the Appleton post
  • Scoham said:

iainment said:

Seriously who should be manager?

I don't think SCP should come back. I think whoever comes next should be a young hungry one. With a buy in to our history and the work in the community.
    But have no clue who.

Nathan Jones.
    I think he may well stay at Luton. They have a good YOUNG side and he is left to get on with it. If wager they will finish top half next year. Would be a brilliant appointment but he would imo only take the job if he was given guarantee of time and resources.
  • Jackson & Bowyer until the end of the season would be my choice, if they do a great job maybe even get us promoted then let them stay in charge, if not then we start talking to Southend about compensation.

I think the last thing we need is a pair of rookies with no managerial experience.

• What a load of bollocks. One minute you are moaning that the club fires managers to quickly, we are one position from the play offs, and you want to sack the manager? At least the guy has passion, unlike those that sit on here slagging off the club, manager, players and the good thing is they don’t even go.