Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Alcock RIP

I'm not the greatest fan of the masses of RIP threads, but nonetheless I was surprised to see this yesterday.
Paul Alcock was of course the "Di Canio" incident ref. RIP only 64.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/30/former-premier-league-refereepaul-alcock-dies-aged-64/

Comments

• He used to be the shopping centre manager in Maidstone if I recall

RIP
  • RIP - Always wanted to see him referee a Charlton game after that Di Canio incident

Dont think he ever did @ the Valley
  • He was ref when we went to Anfield and drew 3-3, the year after the play off win. Famously blew up with us winning and Hunt having an open goal in front of him to give us a free kick 30 yards back. Not that I am bitter.

RIP

Ps it might not have been him that day.
  • cfgs said:

He was ref when we went to Anfield and drew 3-3, the year after the play off win. Famously blew up with us winning and Hunt having an open goal in front of him to give us a free kick 30 yards back. Not that I am bitter.

RIP

Ps it might not have been him that day.

Yeah it was Alcock that day...
  • I met him at the valley when my mate was a linesman in a reserve match against Ipswich. Didn't realise he was as tall as he was, this was a couple of years after the Di Canio incident. He was adjudicating the other officials that night. Seemed decent enough and very chatty, was giving Graham Poll stick as he was refereeing Barcelona v Bayern Munich that night.

RIP.
  • RIP to the Ref who should of stayed on his feet before showing the Red card to Mr Angry. TBF not all Refs can be built like Uriah Rennie. RIP Paul Alcock.
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP Paul
  • I officiated with Paul when I was a linesman (old days) on the Southern League in the 80s. He was a very good referee and a lovely man. So very sad to hear this news. Rest in peace Paul.