Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options
    philcafc said:
    Play Offs keep the season going but they should change the format. 5th home to 6th, 4th home to the winner. Winner of that plays 3rd already in the final. That way you have to beat all the teams above you to go up.
    Plus being one off games it means that 3rd are fresher and have more chance of going up over the others
  • Options
    Peterborough are in great form. Best avoided.
    If we're to have the cahones to get to the final and win, we won't be able to avoid the form sides (judging from Beds' table, all the other teams should be shitting themselves if they face us). 

Despite being top of the form guide, still I'm not hearing much talk from the "experts" that we have a chance to win it all. Makes it all the more sweeter if we finish it off
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Play Offs keep the season going but they should change the format. 5th home to 6th, 4th home to the winner. Winner of that plays 3rd already in the final. That way you have to beat all the teams above you to go up.
    Plus being one off games it means that 3rd are fresher and have more chance of going up over the others
    Except they’ve sat around for two weeks whilst the team they play are in form. 
  • Options
    Better than having to beat the 6th team to get to the final.
  • Options
    Southend v Sunderland is the televised game for Saturday @ 5:30

Not surprised in a sense as Southend need a result to survive

Surprised they've not gone for Plymouth v Scunthorpe as a draw suits neither of those teams
  • Options

Surprised they've not gone for Plymouth v Scunthorpe as a draw suits neither of those teams
    If they chose the game before Tuesday night, I imagine Sky hoped that the automatic race would still be open
  • Options

If they chose the game before Tuesday night, I imagine Sky hoped that the automatic race would still be open
    Yeah I couldnt answer that as only checked yesterday evening to see what the game was

Wouldnt be surprised if they've had to announce it slightly earlier than Tuesday though and would have made sense as per what you say
  • Options
    I predict !!!... Posh will pip Donny at the post .. Posh end up on 72 pts .. Southend and Sunderland will draw .. S'Land end up on 86 pts .. Pompey will beat Accrington .. Pompey on 90 pts .. we will beat Rochdale .. CAFC on 88pts ..

Pompey 3rd
    CAFC 4th
    Sunderland 5th
    Peterborough 6th .. 
    Posh then beat Pompey over 2 legs .. we beat Sunderland over 2 legs .. Posh/Addicks final  .. we win 3-1 and get promoted
    Would take a 1-0 win over Posh in the Final with a very dubious late penalty

Although the longer it stays 0-0 in a Play-Off Final the more I'll be rushing off to piss myself in nerves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

With all due respect to Plymouth and Scunthorpe, how many people want to watch them?

If there was anything at all riding on the Sunderland or Pompey matches they would have been top of Sky's list as they are the "Leeds" of Division Three. As it happens they've got an excuse to show Sunderland because of Southend's situation.

I don't know when Sky chose which match to televise but they certainly have anything on their website yesterday afternoon - we checked when we were having a discussion at work about the final Championship matches. Some of colleagues were hoping that the Villa-Norwich match was going to be shown so that they could see the Canaries' title win!
  • Options
    I predict !!!... Posh will pip Donny at the post .. Posh end up on 72 pts .. Southend and Sunderland will draw .. S'Land end up on 86 pts .. Pompey will beat Accrington .. Pompey on 90 pts .. we will beat Rochdale .. CAFC on 88pts ..

Pompey 3rd
    CAFC 4th
    Sunderland 5th
    Peterborough 6th .. 
    Posh then beat Pompey over 2 legs .. we beat Sunderland over 2 legs .. Posh/Addicks final  .. we win 3-1 and get promoted
    Yes please Lincs, have you got the Euromillions numbers for this week as well please :0
  • Options
    philcafc said:

Initially I was sceptical about the principal of the Play-offs. But now I completely agree they add interest to the season and are a good addition.

However, I think there is room for improvement, to make the system fairer to the most successful side.

About ten years ago I wrote to the Football League putting forward that very system. Didn't get a reply......................

• Options
    Just need to beat Rochdale. Confident we can do that by a few goals and get 4th
  • Options
    rochdale could be a scunthorpe type performance where everything we touch just goes in. 
  • Options
    rochdale could be a scunthorpe type performance where everything we touch just goes in. 
    Save that for the play offs
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    true but i don't care about other teams. 
    If Sunderland hadn't had the freak 4-5 against Coventry etc.
    Mainly because of injuries and suspensions we have hardly been able to play the same team twice in a row.
    We will finish 5th unless Sunderland or Pompey get windy tomorrow and over 46 games that will be where we deserve to finish despite some bad luck with Injuries.

The fact that Southend need at least a point to stay up may help Charlton get 4th but I still fancy Sunderland to win tomorrow.

• Options
    Daggs said:
    philcafc said:

Initially I was sceptical about the principal of the Play-offs. But now I completely agree they add interest to the season and are a good addition.

However, I think there is room for improvement, to make the system fairer to the most successful side.

About ten years ago I wrote to the Football League putting forward that very system. Didn't get a reply......................

Probably because it's shit. Doesn't work in the conference, wouldn't work in the Football League
  • Options
    I honestly believe that if we can put out our best eleven it is going to require something special to beat us. The odds seem lazy to me and are tempting. We lose a striker and it all evens up a bit though.
  • Options
    So...

sorry, if already mentioned, haven’t gone through whole thread.

I think next weekends playoffs are Sat at 7.30 and Sunday at 12.15?

What needs to happen tomorrow to avoid next Sunday 12.15 kick off?

Reason : I get on flight at 11.55, get off at 2.40

Saturday night at 7.30 I’m in a pub in Portugal

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    All about me .... 😂
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Daggs said:
    philcafc said:

They could promote the third place side to the final and 4th and 5th play off in one game with 4th being at home. That would be fairer I suppose but I think the current system works well enough.
  • Options

• Options
    Spooky - Being delayed could be handy...
  • Options
    @BR3red I believe for us to play on Saturday we either need to finish 3rd, or finish 4th with Sunderland in 5th. All other scenarios and we play Sunday.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    BR3red said:
    Spooky - Being delayed could be hand

Perfect advertising
  • Options
    Thanks @Sage 👍
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @BR3red taken from the play-off ticket info thread...

LouisMend said:

Think this covers it 

Based on bookies odds

Using the above...

• Home game on the 12th, away game on the 17th: 55.27%
    • Away game on 11th, home game on the 16th: 38.66%
    • Away game on 12th, home game on the 17th: 6.07%
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Glad I’m not the only one getting the Not Secure message, what’s that all about?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Wasn’t really sure where to put this, some interesting observations