Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• We shouldnt fear anyone in the play offs on our day.. but who would we want to get second place so we do not meed to face them?  

I think Barnsley are likely as their run in looks straight forwards but their recent form is quite average and their main striker out for the season so would rather see them in the play offs i think.

we have beaten Pompey twice which bodes well but they have decent new players since Jan and are in good form.

Sunderland having played twice a week to the end of the season i can see faltering through tiredness but they also spent big in Jan and on his day Will grigg is very good at this level

Whilst we have beaten them twice i think i would rather Pompey go up as they look the best to me.
  • We shouldnt fear anyone in the play offs on our day.. but who would we want to get second place so we do not meed to face them?  

I think Barnsley are likely as their run in looks straight forwards but their recent form is quite average and their main striker out for the season so would rather see them in the play offs i think.

we have beaten Pompey twice which bodes well but they have decent new players since Jan and are in good form.

Sunderland having played twice a week to the end of the season i can see faltering through tiredness but they also spent big in Jan and on his day Will grigg is very good at this level

Whilst we have beaten them twice i think i would rather Pompey go up as they look the best to me.
    Kieffer Moore returned today for Barnsley

Kieffer Moore returned today for Barnsley
    Boooo
  • I think I would prefer Sunderland, but they will be tough as will any side. I think I would make us favourites but not overwhelming ones. I honestly don't think it matters if we play the first leg home or away. The advantages or disadvantages can work both ways.
  • The big advantage of being at home for the second leg is if the match goes to extra time. It is better to play this at home than away.
  • The big advantage of being at home for the second leg is if the match goes to extra time. It is better to play this at home than away.
    Not sure Nicky Bailey would agree. 
  • Just knowing the attributes of our side, I'd rather play the home leg first and have opponents like Sunderland thinking about staying in it for the away match. I think it would play into our hands. 
  • Pompey for me
  • edited April 2019
    Pompey 0-1 Peterborough

Fleetwood 0-0 Sunderland

15 mins played
  • Pompey 0-1 Peterborough

Fleetwood 0-0 Sunderland

15 mins played
    Stays like that, Luton and Barnsley are promoted. Probably better for us if have Pompey still have a chance of automatic to play for next Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Pompey 0-2 Peterborough
  • If Pompey lose and Sunderland win, Sunderland go 3rd ahead of the final day and a potential repeat of 98 is back on the cards.
  • Sunderland winning
  • Talk of the devil...

Fleetwood 0-1 Sunderland
  • At the moment c'mon Sunderland

Would rather face Pompey in the Semi-Finals

Peterborough should be kicking themselves for losing to Walsall at the weekend as a win would have them in 6th now
  • Pompey 1-2 Posh
  • Outside hope we can finish 3rd and play Doncaster or Peterborough 
  • Outside hope we can finish 3rd and play Doncaster or Peterborough 
    At the moment we need Sunderland to concede today and lose on Saturday

If they win tonight then we'd need a six goal swing in Goal Difference
  • Sponsored links:

• Agreed; hope Portsmouth use a damn lot of energy to try and get those two goals they need to win the game tonight

Same with Sunderland as they look to close down the Goal Difference!!
  • Pompey 2-2 Posh
  • pompey 2-2
  • Would like Pompey to win, then they have to go hard into the last game with a full team plus they have strengthened since we played them and look a lot better than they did then.
  • Pompey now 2-2.

• Personally want Pompey to lose and Sunderland to win. We've beaten Pompey twice this season, away at the SOL in front of 45k fans has unjust defeat written all over it... and its far easier to get to Pompey on a thurs/fri night
  • I think the Pompey game is 2-2
  • Personally want Pompey to lose and Sunderland to win. We've beaten Pompey twice this season, away at the SOL in front of 45k fans has unjust defeat written all over it... and its far easier to get to Pompey on a thurs/fri night
    Plus our fans could make A LOT of noise under that roof. Compare that to the 1000-1500 ish that we’d get going to Sunderland midweek, in that top tier a mile away from the pitch.