Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cheltenham festival 2018

Comments

• on the Friday of cheltenham, few of the usual crowd couldn't make it down, family commitments etc so was going to arrange to meet at a pub in central to watch the racing and have a catch up any recommendations of any pubs in London that would show the racing?.

Not central but when we don't go down there we go to Hardys in Greenwich. Lots of screens and all races shown. Good Guiness and good food.
  • Riviera said:

on the Friday of cheltenham, few of the usual crowd couldn't make it down, family commitments etc so was going to arrange to meet at a pub in central to watch the racing and have a catch up any recommendations of any pubs in London that would show the racing?.

Not central but when we don't go down there we go to Hardys in Greenwich. Lots of screens and all races shown. Good Guiness and good food.
    thats exactly what im after, ill suggest that cheers, any others welcomed, i know a great irish pub in morden but a bit too far out for most.
  • Phoenix sports club £5 to get in includes a pint and a buffet and they have a bookie there.
  • Laurina looks to have had her form somewhat franked yesterday - Alletrix was 5 lengths behind Meri Devie, who had to be driven out in the closing stages, while she was 11 behind Laurina who looked very comfortable last time out.

Great tip there from Bob!
  • 2 weeks today :smiley:

Hopefully weather improves a tad
  • 2 weeks today :smiley:

Hopefully weather improves a tad

Dawn Run!
  • whats his chances, what race ?
  • Proper living the dream that is a runner at the festival
  • It certainly is dream come true time,just hoping he gets there now
    Oxford is running in the Fred Winter and currently 33/1 and all I can say is a 33/1 shot won that race last year!
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure how much you've got in hand off 128? But don't think it looks strongest race this year and anything Murphy trains will have a chance in something like this.

His old boss has five entered and Kuraka looks like a fair plot off 121.
  • His two best races have been when his stamina has been used to its best and the other two were muddling races that didn’t suit.We think 128 is lenient and thought we would get 130.Mind you we thought we needed 130 just to get in the race!
  • Had him 127. Def see the case re stamina. Probably ends up wanting further in time with form over 2m on flat.

Think just about everything entered that wants to run will get to!
  • Certainly wants more than 2 mile but will definitely get a fast run race in the Fred Winter and nothing will be staying on better
    Oxford is running in the Fred Winter and currently 33/1 and all I can say is a 33/1 shot won that race last year!

Absolutely a dream come true - great news, KK.

Look out for the Owners and Trainers Car Park!
  • Cheers Bob
  • off to the betbright preview night tonight, i see the betfair one was cancelled last night due to weather, on the off chance i do have a couple of spare tickets, which ill be glad to give away if anyone did fancy it tonight. its being held at cargo in shoreditch doors at 6 event starts at 7.

ill post up the thoughts from the panel on here tomorrow

regarding the weather in that part of the world could be a little chilly for the festival :neutral:

Gets an e/w tip in Alex Hammonds blog.

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/alex-hammond:-feeling-blu/143715
  • Unlucky. The worst pundit/tipster by an absolute street!!! Can't legislate for that sort of thing unfortunately.
  • Unlucky. The worst pundit/tipster by an absolute street!!! Can't legislate for that sort of thing unfortunately.

She usually tries to find the shortest priced horse on the day for her nap so it is quite refreshing that she's picked at 33/1 shot.

With her "background" in racing you'd think she would be better qualified so far as inside information is concerned (from an article in 2009):

One hopes pretty racing pundit Alex Quinn doesn't lose her head when she broadcasts her 'tips of the day', since things are starting to get a little messy in her own unsaddling enclosure.

After splitting from her first husband, trainer Micky Hammond, after an affair with champion jockey Tony McCoy, Alex, 34, went on to date trainer Richard Hannon Jnr. Alas, I can disclose that she has now parted from her second husband, jockey Richard Quinn, just 19 months after the couple tied the knot.

• Sponsored links:

• off to the betbright preview night tonight, i see the betfair one was cancelled last night due to weather, on the off chance i do have a couple of spare tickets, which ill be glad to give away if anyone did fancy it tonight. its being held at cargo in shoreditch doors at 6 event starts at 7.

ill post up the thoughts from the panel on here tomorrow

regarding the weather in that part of the world could be a little chilly for the festival :neutral:

Be fine by then, long range forecast is good. I've been there with snow (not 1983), gales in 2008 when Wednesday was cancelled, loads of rain and a couple of times when temperatures in the sun have hit 70f!
  • 2 out of 4 of the panel couldn’t make it so panel comprised of;

Nick luck(nl) – at the races presenter
    Paul kealy (pk) – racing post
    David Jennings(dj) – irish racing post

as rich ricci couldnt make it it was a free bar at the interval and got 50 pizzas delivered. which was a nice touch. when i looked the bar tab was around 1500 pocket change to him but a nice touch.

The races they covered.

Tuesday

Supreme novices hurdle1.30
    Sharjah PK ew
    Paloma Blue DJ ew

Arkle 2.10
    Sceau royal PK
    Brain Power DJ

Champion hurdle 3.30
    Wicklow brave PK ew
    Mick jazz DJ ew

Mares hurdle 4.10
    Apples jade PK
    Jers girl DJ ew

National hunt steeple chase 4.50
    No comment PK ew

Wednesday

Ballymore 1.30
    Samcro likely winner
    Black op PK ew
    Vinndication DJ ew

Rsa chase 2.10
    Black corton PK
    Ballyoptic DJ ew
    Mias storm NL ew

Queen mother chase 3.30
    Altior PK
    Altior DJ
    Charbel NL ew

( note it was confirmed that douvan and min would both race in this if douvan is fit which is 80/20 currently )

Thursday

Jlt novices 1.30
    Finians Oscar PK
    Modus DJ

Ryanair chase 2.50
    Balko des flos DJ
    Cure card PK ew

Stayers hurdle 3.30
    Uknowwhatimeanharry PK ew
    Lami Serge DJ ew

Friday

Triumph hurdle 1.30
    Farclas PK
    Look my way DJ ew

Albert Bartlett 2.50
    Calett mad PK ew
    chef des obeuax DJ ew

Gold cup 3.30
    Sizing john PK
    Our Duke DJ

Best bets of the festival

Pk
    Farclas - triumph
    Callet mad - albert Bartlett

DJ
    Balko des flos - ryanair
    Modus - JLT

• personally wouldn't bother next year, was quite difficult to hear in a strange location and the constant heckling for the crowd got a bit tedious, at crowd questions at the end, one lad asked to nick luck what horse would you rather sucked your balls redicean or douvan, and when Paul keally was asked question few people started shouting out you fat bastard and who eat all the pies
  • personally wouldn't bother next year, was quite difficult to hear in a strange location and the constant heckling for the crowd got a bit tedious, at crowd questions at the end, one lad asked to nick luck what horse would you rather sucked your balls redicean or douvan, and when Paul keally was asked question few people started shouting out you fat bastard and who eat all the pies

Sounds similar to some of the idiots that actually go to the Festival now.
  • bobmunro said:

personally wouldn't bother next year, was quite difficult to hear in a strange location and the constant heckling for the crowd got a bit tedious, at crowd questions at the end, one lad asked to nick luck what horse would you rather sucked your balls redicean or douvan, and when Paul keally was asked question few people started shouting out you fat bastard and who eat all the pies

unfortunately the loafers and no socks brigade have got hold of it.
  • bobmunro said:

personally wouldn't bother next year, was quite difficult to hear in a strange location and the constant heckling for the crowd got a bit tedious, at crowd questions at the end, one lad asked to nick luck what horse would you rather sucked your balls redicean or douvan, and when Paul keally was asked question few people started shouting out you fat bastard and who eat all the pies

Come the revolution, they will be first!!
  • bobmunro said:

It is an unrecognizable event to 25 years ago.
  • Have to agree unfortunately. They are to be found at every racecourse.
  • First Cheltenham for me this year, very excited
  • Phoenix sports club £5 to get in includes a pint and a buffet and they have a bookie there.

Is that where you will be Steve?