Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster Information

Comments

• Options
    Helpful info - new ground for me and a big turnout from our group.
  • Options

The overnight temp (Fri into sat) is a bit of a concern. Hope we'll be okay on that front. Don't want another postponement.

A relatively new ground, perhaps they have undersoil heating.
    I've looked that up and they don't. They are a lower division club who couldn't afford that extra cost.
  • Options
    No undersoil heating but looking at weather cold snap will have gone with ave temp being 6 degrees
  • Options
    Useful info that. Think I'll be walking from the station once I make the trip down south for this. One more off my 92 as well.
  • Options

Useful info that. Think I'll be walking from the station once I make the trip down south for this. One more off my 92 as well.

From memory it is about 3 miles from the station.
  • Options
    It’s people like @drfc_slo that restore ones faith in football clubs. Well done, keep up the good work. Whoever’s buying Charlton ... Please take note!
  • Options
    According to Google maps it's 1.7 miles from train station to stadium.
  • Options
    From what I recall the Bell vue bar is big and spacious and they served a nice pie and pint

Was it Kermorgants last match in a 3-0 midweek defeat up there
  • Options

Brilliant, it would be great if all clubs did this.

PS Sorry about the abandoned Valley game a few years back. :smile:

Don’t worry, I don’t think he blames you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

From memory it is about 3 miles from the station.
    It's them little legs that make it seem 3 miles
  • Options
    Thanks @drfc_slo. Really good initiative to drop a message like this.

Heading up with, amongst others, a mate from work who is a Donny fan (and celebrating his 60th). Looking forward to a beer at the station and the Salutation.
  • Options
    Well don't to those that are going. And well done for the info. Was on my bucket list to go before the start of the season, but the old 12 hour dayshift has put paid to that.
  • Options

cafctom said:

I'll be there from Friday night onwards to take in Doncaster's delights!

Biscuit Billy's in town if The Millers is your thing...

Flare's after is where the oldies really pick off the weak ones...
    I'll report back my findings.
  • Options
    How many we sold I’ve a feeling this will be close to 1k, new ground for many as we’ve never played at the Keepmoat on a Saturday?! P.S I was there for yann’s last game
  • Options
    I wasn't going to go to this, but if Roland sells beforehand...
  • Options
    @TelMc32 good choice
  • Options

Seven of us going Saturday.
    Cheers for the info mate

What time train you on mate
  • Options
    Anyone know how many tickets we've sold for this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCOlly said:

Anyone know how many tickets we've sold for this?

Including those only doing the aways not the home games 2,673
  • Options
    My first game this season other than Dover ---looking forward to seeing some old faces and having a beer with The Borg !!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

According to Google maps it's 1.7 miles from train station to stadium.

Any decent boozers......
  • Options

Seven of us going Saturday.
    Cheers for the info mate

What time train you on mate
    Front carriage
  • Options

@TelMc32 good choice

Insider info from my Donny mate. The Draughtsman Alehouse at the station is meant to be very good, although small. Salutation is on the way to the ground I believe. Also highly recommended.
  • Options
    Checked the forecast for Saturday. Going to be 8 degrees with a ‘real feel’ of 3 degrees and a 56% chance of rain so don’t forget your anoraks if you’re coming up here.
  • Options
    Me, my dad and son going to this one-ground number 71 of 92 for me.

Thanks for the info @drfc_slo , very helpful.
  • Options
    Looking cold over night in Donny - I really hope this one isn't called off!
  • Options
    unfortunately with league 1 majority of the grounds don't have under-soil heating/have the technology but don't connect it up. it is a risk you take, similar to people on my Facebook that go to the Dominican in storm season then whinge that its shit weather. it is minus temperatures overnight but its a warmer Saturday so hopefully game is on, otherwise i know a lot of lads that will be pissed off and its another fixture to add to an already congested schedule.