Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Linesman "Celebrating" Spurs' Penalty Award

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ali would have only got the ban if the penalty had been given as I understand it, you have to profit from the dive in order to be sanctioned after the game
  • Options

Ali would have only got the ban if the penalty had been given as I understand it, you have to profit from the dive in order to be sanctioned after the game

Yes i think that's right, but it's a stupid rule.

Diving should be an instant 2 match ban, whether you're booked during the game, or caught out for it after the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Diving should be an instant 2 match ban, whether you're booked during the game, or caught out for it after the game.
    yeah this my point. they need to change the rule because cheats like Ali will shrug his shoulders at a booking as there was a chance if he got away with it he could of won a penalty for his team. later on he might of then been banned retrospectively but at the moment that doesn't seem to be enough of a threat.
  • Options
    I think all this discussion is missing the key point which is that Liverpool were on the wrong end of some penalty controversy at Anfield.
    As someone who remembers the 80s I celebrate every time that happens.
  • Options

yeah this my point. they need to change the rule because cheats like Ali will shrug his shoulders at a booking
    Apparently thats what he did and gave the ref a pat on the shoulder as was given the booking as he knew what he'd done

Yellow card in the game for the dive... three match ban after the game if not already sent off during the match (which becomes four if that happens)
  • Options
    Linesman celebrated a Leicester goal against us a Filbert Street once, many moons ago. Right in front of us lot too. Apologies if someone else has posted this too, I can't be arsed to read the whole thread.
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

wmcf123 said:

It was a good decision

Never a pen!

I caught up with this game on MOTD 2 and to be honest I was disgusted with Spurs. Ali would have taken a pen all day long for his dive and was rightly booked.

People in the crowd should have held up cards with 10 on them for Kane's dive, the keeper never touched him.

And for the last pen that has to be the softest decision you will ever see and the spurs player clearly jumped in front of the swinging leg to get kicked on purpose.

Cheating fucks, I hope they miss out on Europe.

Specsavers appointments for you two. Learn the rules, watch them again and then come on here and admit your errors.
    I never disputed the second one was not a kick on the player, as you say the rules are the rules. However if you look at the clip johnboy has posted below you can clearly see the Spurs player look at the defender and then put himself in between the kicking leg and the ball to gain a penalty. So no glasses need for me, the Spurs player conned the ref and cheated.

I notice we are lacking clips of the Kane dive, funny that.
    Looooollll, what the hell are you talking about?! Was he meant to step aside so the defender could clear it? No *a-fucking* way does it count as conning the ref if you legitimately shield the ball and get fouled. It's not like he was far away then suddenly jumped in front of him, or fell onto the guy's foot or anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Linesman celebrated a Leicester goal against us a Filbert Street once, many moons ago. Right in front of us lot too. Apologies if someone else has posted this too, I can't be arsed to read the whole thread.

Are you sure you didn't already post it?
    Actually I did - when on a similar thread to this one a few years ago, in fact someone else may have mentioned it and I backed them up ... :lol: