Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deserter South London Book

124»

Comments

• Just finished it as well. What an absolute gem - congratulations @Vincenzo! And well done to all the CL funders too.

I’m now very glad I witnessed the handover of said tome from @Pico to @seth plum at The Valley few weeks ago and immediately added it to my holiday reading list. Cue a couple of days contented sniggering from the general direction of my sunbed. So many brilliantly funny moments to savour, but I think the School Run chapter has to be my personal favourite.
  • AshBurton said:

Just finished it as well. What an absolute gem - congratulations @Vincenzo! And well done to all the CL funders too.

I’m now very glad I witnessed the handover of said tome from @Pico to @seth plum at The Valley few weeks ago and immediately added it to my holiday reading list. Cue a couple of days contented sniggering from the general direction of my sunbed. So many brilliantly funny moments to savour, but I think the School Run chapter has to be my personal favourite.

Thanks @AshBurton. Glad you enjoyed it. Makes my day to read comments like yours.

And yes, thanks to all the CL funders too. Couldn't have done it without you.
  • One of my favourite bits is the tip about riverside dining.
    St Thomas's is where my eldest nephew was born to boot.
  • Got a copy for Xmas, look forward to reading it
  • seth plum said:

One of my favourite bits is the tip about riverside dining.
    St Thomas's is where my eldest nephew was born to boot.

My little boy was born there too. As I told him that day, 'This is as far north as you'll ever need to travel.'
  • It's tempting but I think I'll have to recuse myself.
  • Pitch Publishing kindly sent me a review copy of @Vincenzo's new book.

Not had a chance to read it yet but if anyone wants to write a 600 to 800 word review for the programme let me know.

I wouldn't mind giving it a go. 

• Ok, you're on.
  • @Henry Irving have sent you a PM

• Sponsored links:

• Not a fan of 'self-help' books but Vincenzo's latest is a profound read. Only £10.99 online or you could even pay The Shirker's Rest a visit in Lewisham Way (New Cross end opposite Goldsmith's College) because you don't need an excuse to drink really good beer.

• I have my copy, it's working its way to the top of the pile and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into it. I loved Today South London, Tomorrow South London, with its humour and sage advice on hostelries (many of which I didn't know). I started to complete the DIY Index at the back but, in the true ethos of Deserter, fell by the wayside after the second chapter.

Will definitely pop into The Shirker's Rest for a couple of pre-match pints, although the 1:00pm opening time will be a bit too tight for a Saturday, so we'll do a midweek match - maybe Tuesday if the Forest Green game goes ahead.