Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

6 Nations 2018.

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:

Surely forward from Paressi?

Given the match score I would have allowed it though.

I don't think anyone would have cared had the ref given it but once it goes to the TMO it surely has to be disallowed or people are going to question the system
  • Options
    Did the video replay conclusively determine the ball came off the winger's knee and not his hand?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Did the video replay conclusively determine the ball came off the winger's knee and not his hand?

yes
  • Options
    France score after 2 mins, great run from the French winger, but got to questions the poor attempt at tackles by the 3 Scots he ran past
  • Options
    Very good win for Scotland, although France are absolute pony.
  • Options
    Great win at Murrayfield.
  • Options
    Enjoyed that. Flicking between Newcastle v Man U, Ayr v Rangers and the rugby. Pleasant afternoon. Oh and Liverpool still to come. Good job Mrs SB is at work!
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Wouldn't he rather be at Murrayfield?

No. He's Irish.
  • Options
    rina said:

Chizz said:

yes
    Good! Because the single, brief replay I saw of that part didn't show a frame where there's daylight between the ball and his hand.
  • Options
    You could look at that replay all day and still not be 100% sure if the TMO made the right call. But that's the point of the rules - if you're not sure, don't award the try. There was more or less no downward pressure from Anscombe whereas Watson definitely got a touchdown. Classless of Gatland to blast the TMO after the game with some pretty personal abuse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now footage doing the rounds that shows it was actually a knock on from Stef Evans. Hopefully this works..

• Options
    edited February 2018

Now footage doing the rounds that shows it was actually a knock on from Stef Evans. Hopefully this works..

I thought there was a Welsh knock on earlier on in the move myself at the time but discounted it as my imagination because none of the pundits subsequently mentioned it from what I saw.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I thought there was a Welsh knock on earlier on in the move myself at the time but discounted it as my imagination because none of the pundits subsequently mentioned it from what I saw.
    You're right, there was!
  • Options
    I saw it at the time and couldn't understand why they didn't mention it
  • Options
    Chizz said:

LenGlover said:

You're right, there was!
    Except the ball goes backwards off his hand into his knee which isn’t a knock on
  • Options
    Case closed:

World Rugby’s head of referees, Alain Rolland, rang Warren Gatland on Monday to say Anscombe’s try should have been awarded while the governing body also released a statement, acknowledging that: “In accordance with law 21.1 b Wales should have been awarded a try as the Wales player grounded the ball.”
  • Options

Case closed:

World Rugby’s head of referees, Alain Rolland, rang Warren Gatland on Monday to say Anscombe’s try should have been awarded while the governing body also released a statement, acknowledging that: “In accordance with law 21.1 b Wales should have been awarded a try as the Wales player grounded the ball.”

Did they get better footage than what the TMO had then? Because if we saw what the TMO saw there was no clear grounding from Anscombe.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Case closed:

Did they get better footage than what the TMO had then? Because if we saw what the TMO saw there was no clear grounding from Anscombe.
    Agreed
  • Options
    Does anybody know if any pubs in Charlton are showing the England game on Sat?
  • Options
    The Rose of Denmark is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching Ireland v Wales in the Bull.
    Can't see England losing to Ireland on Paddy's Day.
  • Options
    iainment said:

You can't?
  • Options
    Never say it over Ireland score a try in extra time to secure the win.
  • Options
    I thought Ireland were lucky in the end. A more ruthless Wales would have at least tied it up at the end, but a stupid pass did for them.
    And Sexton's kicking was very poor by his standards.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

iainment said:

You can't?
    No.
  • Options
    iainment said:

I thought Ireland were lucky in the end. A more ruthless Wales would have at least tied it up at the end, but a stupid pass did for them.
    And Sexton's kicking was very poor by his standards.

Needs to bin those gold boots.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

iainment said:

You can't?
    Scotland, Wales and Ireland all find an extra gear when playing England.

I'd give the Welsh some credit for their defence today rather than criticise Ireland too much.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Come on England. Hammer the Scots!

Going well so far.