Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Oxford - Match Thread

edited February 2018 in General Charlton
Welcome from Slade Green Meadows as the train does its loop round to the home of football.

The third consecutive grey, drizzly Saturday of home games in a row, here’s hoping we secure the same result at the end of this one.

Team news when it arrives, come on your reds!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks to @ross1 and everyone for any updates, much appreciated!
  • Options

Thanks to @ross1 and everyone for any updates, much appreciated!

Your welcome
  • Options
  • Options
    Accident by the Danson junction of the A2 was tailing back to the Black Prince when I just drove up - Everyone needing to take pictures not helping matters so careful for those coming up
  • Options
    CHARLTON | Amos, Solly (c), Konsa, Lennon, Dasilva, Kashi, Forster-Caskey, Marshall, Fosu, Mavididi, Magennis. #cafc
  • Options
    CHARLTON SUBS | Phillips, Bauer, Jackson, Aribo, Reeves, Zyro, Kaikai. #cafc
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Shame Aribo has been dropped... I'm old style and think it sends the wrong message by dropping him.

Be interesting if its 442 or 4231

Surprised Lennon has kept his spot although guess its to do with the preference of having a Left and Right footed CB pairing
  • Options
    Cmmmmon you reds, twas my birthday last night, hit the post for ne... please...
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    TEAM NEWS | That's two changes for the Addicks. Forster-Caskey and Fosu come back into the side and there are places on the bench for new signings Michał Żyro and Sullay Kaikai. #cafc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options

And mine!

Sad to see Aribo dropped, thought he deserved to keep his place.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    That must be the strongest bench we've had in a very long time.
  • Options
    Debuts for @Toddy_Kane and @AshSmithBrown while Joe Rothwell returns after injury, as does Wes Thomas. #OUFC
  • Options
    RedRyan said:

And mine!

Sad to see Aribo dropped, thought he deserved to keep his place.
    Happy f..... b...day, I'm much pisstier than last night....
  • Options
    I could be very wrong but swear I've just walked past Peter Varney... Was up Charlton Park Lane though so be surprised
  • Options
    Glad to see fosu starting. Exciting options from the bench.
  • Options
    Although I don't agree with Aribo being dropped, it's good to see KFC back fit again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'Uddites 2 U's 0
  • Options
    If I was Aribo I would be totally pissed off .
  • Options
    edited February 2018

ross1 said:

Shame Aribo has been dropped... I'm old style and think it sends the wrong message by dropping him.

Surprised Lennon has kept his spot although guess its to do with the preference of having a Left and Right footed CB pairing
    I think it will be 4-2-3-1 but hopefully there will be a lot of interchange especially with Josh dropping deep and letting Mav run behind him, Fosu cutting in from the left, and I expect Fosu will go 10 and Mav will go wide at some points as well. Plus either of them (or even Josh) could go over to the right allowing Marshall to go to the left where he's looked far better in recent weeks.

It's certainly harsh on Aribo, but it was going to be harsh on whoever wasn't picked. I know what you mean about wanting to keep players in the team who play well, but there's been two weeks of training between our last game and now. And this is hopefully a reminder that you really, really have to work hard in training to keep your place in this team. JFC's all around game and positional sense is better than Aribo's at the moment, and against a team who have a lot of good attacking threat on the counter, I understand wanting someone who is more tactically disciplined. No doubt it's harsh on Aribo, but football is harsh sometimes. I hope this makes him a stronger player and he does enough in this game if he has a part to play, and in training that forces Robinson to pick him next week.

Robinson can't stand on sentimentality and pick someone because they were good in the last match, he has to pick the player who is best for the match today. I thought earlier in the season he didn't rotate enough (though it was hard because we kept having players in the same position get injured). He's going to need to do that with this team, and I hope he's willing to.

Now, how Lennon has kept his place is beyond me. I know Bauer is less comfortable on the left, and Thomas and Buckley-Ricketts have pace that could trouble him, and that Oxford don't have a big, strong physical forward that can bully Lennon and dominate him in the air, but still. The only strong explanation I can think of is not wanting to rush Bauer back after last time when it seems he definitely came back too soon.

All-in-all, good team, good bench. Let's hope the run in starts today.
  • Options
    Strongest looking bench we've had all season , really great to know even if we go one down , we have lots of pace and potentially goals sitting on the sidelines
  • Options

ross1 said:

Agree, it's very harsh on Joe as he's been one of our better players in recent weeks.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

ross1 said:

I think it will be 4-2-3-1 but hopefully there will be a lot of interchange especially with Josh dropping deep and letting Mav run behind him, Fosu cutting in from the left, and I expect Fosu will go 10 and Mav will go wide at some points as well. Plus either of them (or even Josh) could go over to the right allowing Marshall to go to the left where he's looked far better in recent weeks.

It's certainly harsh on Aribo, but it was going to be harsh on whoever wasn't picked. I know what you mean about wanting to keep players in the team who play well, but there's been two weeks of training between our last game and now. And this is hopefully a reminder that you really, really have to work hard in training to keep your place in this team.

Robinson can't stand on sentimentality. In fact, I thought earlier in the season he didn't rotate enough (though it was hard because we kept having players in the same position get injured). He's going to need to do that with this team, and I hope he's willing to.

Now, how Lennon has kept his place is beyond me. I know Bauer is less comfortable on the left, and Thomas and Buckley-Ricketts have pace that could trouble him, and that Oxford don't have a big, strong physical forward that can bully Lennon and dominate him in the air, but still. The only explanation is not wanting to rush Bauer back after last time when it seems he definitely came back too soon.

When you say about Robbo being sentimental do you mean he shouldnt rush to put JFC back in the squad or shouldnt hesitate to replace Aribo if a better option?

In my opinion I know people have said KR loves Reeves yet reckon he loves Forster-Caskey more, reckon he's one of the first names on the sheet
  • Options
    Isaac Buckley ~ Rickets ?

• Options
    4-4-2? Are we forgetting who our manager is...
  • Options

SDAddick said:

ross1 said:

It's certainly harsh on Aribo, but it was going to be harsh on whoever wasn't picked. I know what you mean about wanting to keep players in the team who play well, but there's been two weeks of training between our last game and now. And this is hopefully a reminder that you really, really have to work hard in training to keep your place in this team.

Robinson can't stand on sentimentality. In fact, I thought earlier in the season he didn't rotate enough (though it was hard because we kept having players in the same position get injured). He's going to need to do that with this team, and I hope he's willing to.

Now, how Lennon has kept his place is beyond me. I know Bauer is less comfortable on the left, and Thomas and Buckley-Ricketts have pace that could trouble him, and that Oxford don't have a big, strong physical forward that can bully Lennon and dominate him in the air, but still. The only explanation is not wanting to rush Bauer back after last time when it seems he definitely came back too soon.

When you say about Robbo being sentimental do you mean he shouldnt rush to put JFC back in the squad or shouldnt hesitate to replace Aribo if a better option?

In my opinion I know people have said KR loves Reeves yet reckon he loves Forster-Caskey more, reckon he's one of the first names on the sheet
    Sorry it's kind of clunky phrasing in the context, I mean he should pick JFC if JFC is considered the better all around option.

I agree Robinson loves JFC and that he's one of the first names on the sheet when fit, and rightly so in my opinion. I know November and December seem like years ago, but it's worth remembering that JFC was really good in the first half of the season, including popping up with really crucial goals against Bradford and then two against Rochdale.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!