Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New VOTV141 on Saturday: John Robinson interview

edited February 2018 in General Charlton
Great interview with JR by Doug Chapman in the new issue, on sale from 1pm on Saturday v Oxford and now online at www.votvonline.com . Posting out today at 3pm.

Plus a fond farewell to Katrien Meire, a VOTV retrospective on its 30th birthday, Kyle Andrews on the team’s promotion chances now, Matt Wright on injuries and the January transfer window, John Ingram on late rallies, and the return of Darren Risby.

Special tribute to Craig Norris, to whom the issue is dedicated.

I also forget how to spell “pole” - anything else happening lately? Oh yeah...

Comments

• I also forget how to spell “pole” - anything else happening lately? Oh yeah...

As in Graham?
  • Pedro45 said:

As in Graham?
    No, as in Scaffold........... 'Oh, I'll drink a drink a drink to Lilly the pink the pink the pink, the saviour of the human raaaace' :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

Pedro45 said:

As in Graham?
    No, as in Scaffold........... 'Oh, I'll drink a drink a drink to Lilly the pink the pink the pink, the saviour of the human raaaace' :wink:
    Lily :neutral:
  • edited February 2018
    "Lily the Pink" is a 1968 song released by the UK comedy group The Scaffold. It is a modernisation of an older folk song titled "The Ballad of Lydia Pinkham". The lyrics celebrate the "medicinal compound" invented by Lily the Pink, and chronicle the "efficacious" cures it has brought about, such as inducing morbid obesity to cure a weak appetite, or bringing about a sex change as a remedy for freckles. !!!!

Backing vocalists on the recording included Graham Nash (of The Hollies), Elton John (then Reg Dwight), and Tim Rice;[1] while Jack Bruce (of Cream) played the bass guitar.

Sorry Airman :smile:
  • @Airman Brown good issue again

Regarding the ridiculous accusations from Daisy to Olly Groome, who actually ran the investigations?

I’m surprised her sycophants didn’t back her up ... although pleased the correct outcome was achieved.
  • stonemuse said:

@Airman Brown good issue again

Regarding the ridiculous accusations from Daisy to Olly Groome, who actually ran the investigations?

I’m surprised her sycophants didn’t back her up ... although pleased the correct outcome was achieved.

Rubashow, I believe.
  • If Olly Groome had been found guilty what is/was the punishment for insubordination to Katrien Meire?
    100 lines?
  • seth plum said:

If Olly Groome had been found guilty what is/was the punishment for insubordination to Katrien Meire?
    100 lines?

Gross misconduct would have meant dismissal.

Typical vindictive and petty action by Meire even though she knew she was leaving.

• Sponsored links:

• What’s this investigation/gross misconduct all about?
  • sammy391 said:

What’s this investigation/gross misconduct all about?

My understanding is for answering back cheekily.
  • edited February 2018
    seth plum said:

sammy391 said:

Clearly she has had a sense of humour bypass..............Oh hang on a minute, many a true word spoken in jest..........good lad Olly :+1:
  • Nug said:

seth plum said:

If Olly Groome had been found guilty what is/was the punishment for insubordination to Katrien Meire?
    100 lines?

Typical vindictive and petty action by Meire even though she knew she was leaving.

Badge of Honour for anyone that pissed her off that much.
    True but doubt anyone would feel like that at the time they are under threat of losing their job for no good reason.

And all the time she knew she was going so could walk away regardless of the mess she left behind.
  • seth plum said:

sammy391 said:

I think that is a very unfair representation of what happened.
  • sammy391 said:

The full story hasn't come out and I think it for Olly to say something if he wants to or not.

Enough to say that the trumped up accusations were thrown out which only upset Meire more.
  • seth plum said:

sammy391 said:

I think that is a very unfair representation of what happened.
    Fair enough. I don't really know because I wasn't there.
    Mind you, gross misconduct is a wonderful term isn't it? Can be defined virtually on the hoof when it comes to personal conversations without evidence. The story is about Olly being 'incorrectly' dressed I believe, but more than that I am unsure of.
  • Nug said:

seth plum said:

100 lines?

True but doubt anyone would feel like that at the time they are under threat of losing their job for no good reason.

And all the time she knew she was going so could walk away regardless of the mess she left behind.
    It was a tongue in cheek comment and I agree with you.
  • The story is about Olly being 'incorrectly' dressed I believe, but more than that I am unsure of.

Knob out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Nug said:

Nug said:

seth plum said:

100 lines?

It was a tongue in cheek comment and I agree with you.
    Wasn't digging you out @nug as realised it was tongue in check but it does illustrate just how much shit some staff have had to put up with.

And Joyes and Keohane are still around.
  • edited February 2018
    We can celebrate fully when that booster seat is finally removed from the directors box.
  • It’s stories like her pathetic treatment of Olly, particularly when she was already leaving, that justifies her knocking Big Nose Pardew off the top of my Charlton-related dislike table (and one of the main reasons I personally felt moved to protest in the first place).

How some fans and sponsors continued throughout to want to support, work with and generally side up to her i will never ever understand.

Great post.
    I will pass it on to Ibborg
  • Nug said:

seth plum said:

100 lines?

Go Olly!
  • It’s stories like her pathetic treatment of Olly, particularly when she was already leaving, that justifies her knocking Big Nose Pardew off the top of my Charlton-related dislike table (and one of the main reasons I personally felt moved to protest in the first place).

How some fans and sponsors continued throughout to want to support, work with and generally side up to her i will never ever understand.

Where's that "Promote" button ;)
  • Very good issue (again) this month. The Craig Norris tribute was excellent, especially as I hadn't realised how much he'd done for the club. The KM piece was also excellent, and Matt Wright has the touch of a proper journalist.