Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Full steam ahead

That’s it, no excuses now.

Needs to be a massive, sustained run into the end of the season. Hopefully injuries and poor form behind us, we need to end the season with positive momentum, comfortably secure those play offs and be the team no one wants to play.

The squad hasn’t been decimated. Though we’ve not seen new arrivals play it looks on paper we are stronger not weaker, and hopefully new ownership will be in place at some point over the next few months.

Let’s go for this Robbo, and let’s all get behind it. At present there is a chance we could be back in the Championship next season with a Wembley day out thrown in. Let’s make the next few months a rare good spell in the morbid world of Charlton Athletic

Up the Addicks

Comments

• Options
    Just gutted I didn't look at play off final dates before I booked 2 week family holiday........

Absolute C%€T
  • Options
    Well said, AFKA
  • Options
    No excuses for the management and players now, bar any major injuries.
  • Options
    Don't worry CPL we'll surge into 2nd.
  • Options
    Well said, come on you reds!
  • Options
    Promoted at Rochdale
  • Options
    Oh god. Come on lads, we are Charlton. When was anything ever easy?

Charlton 0 Oxford 1 and the Robinson out thread bumped back to the top of page 1.
  • Options
    I think for once we could be the team that clicks late in the season and goes on a silly run.

No new signings to bed in, Malvidi on fire and the Pole looking at prospect.

Retained Konsa and a new takeover on the horizon which may spur players on to impress if they think there's potential at the club.

Add to that the return of a few injurees (is that a word?) and a few rousing Churchillian "We'll fight them on the pitches" speeches by King Robbo and we'll be home and dry.

Come on Charlton.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Don't worry CPL we'll surge into 2nd.

praying this is true also as i'm away 19th - 28th may, don't get me wrong ill be gutted not to be there should we make it, but its promotion to championship - that's the way i'm thinking of it anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3rd Shrewsbury
    4th Charlton
    5th Rotherham
    6th Scunthorpe

Charlton v Scunthorpe at Wembley
  • Options
    Agree. Looking forward to taking my place at the Valley on Saturday. Haven't said that for a while, and I'm not talking about my physical distance. Especially looking forward to seeing Fosu in the flesh for the first time.
    I believe Wigan and Blackburn are going to tighten their grip on the top two, and we have Shrewsbury to play twice. Bradford wheels are falling off. I'm a bit worried about Portsmouth, they have some momentum too, but overall we should have nothing to fear, and players whom other teams will fear.
  • Options
    B+ for this transfer window.

Lost Holmes who however you spin it was a key player in our early season good run.

But replaced him with what on paper look like exciting attacking players giving us more options and depth.

Having Mavididi and now Zyro should resolve the problem we've had since Novak left of having no cover up top.

Shame the signings are loans but still look like good players.

And we kept Konsa despite, as KR said, being prepared to sell if the price was right.

Would have liked to see a keeper come in to let Philips go out and play but can't have everything.
  • Options

Lost Holmes who however you spin it was a key player in our early season good run.

But replaced him with what on paper look like exciting attacking players giving us more options and depth.

Having Mavididi and now Zyro should resolve the problem we've had since Novak left of having no cover up top.

And we kept Konsa despite, as KR said, being prepared to sell if the price was right.

Would have liked to see a keeper come in to let Philips go out and play but can't have everything.

The loan signings in this window are also players who we should have a chance of signing permanently if they impress and we win promotion (and RD has fucked off).
  • Options
    Well said afka, looking forward to hopefully seeing a lot of goals, some meaningful games and the valley starting to fill up a bit COYR!!!
  • Options
    Kept Konsa,got some good attacking players in,hopefully injuries clearing up,all good,one thing,lets have 15000 at the Valley on saturday and for the rest of the season,the atmosphere can make all the difference.
  • Options

The loan signings in this window are also players who we should have a chance of signing permanently if they impress and we win promotion (and RD has fucked off).
    Nice idea, but I don't think Wenger is likely to let Mavididi go. Or he would have done it already.

Zyro is a distinct possibility, especially if Wolves get promoted.
  • Options
    with the sale looming would be good to get some fans back and really create and positive good atmosphere for the rest of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Top 6 is a possibility and would be happy with that - Blackburn and Wigan to go up as automatics.
  • Options
    I am going to be quids in Saturday. Patrick is February's pinup, therefore nailed on for first goalscorer.
  • Options
    It’s easy to forget in the aftermath of a few wins that we haven’t played well for a full 90 minutes for ages. Hopefully we can put that down to injuries and the lack of a settled defence, as well as a bit of bad luck with our finishing.

Kaikai, Zyro and Mavididi look potentially to be a real handful at this level. Can’t wait to see what they have to offer. Where they fit in with Magennis is anyone's guess though.

My one concern is that we lack a bit of steel in midfield for those robust encounters against the more physical sides. That could be a real problem.

I’ve snapped up quite a few tickets for friends for the Shrewsbury match. But in the meantime, fingers crossed for Oxford!
  • Options

The absence of a fire sale, a growing feeling of stability and the takeover now almost upon us are creating a solid platform for a real charge through to the season's end. We have the players and the coaches to do it. As soon as the club is in new hands matchdays will gather momentum, and the whole club can begin to move forward - TOGETHER.

The brakes are off.
  • Options
    agree @AFKABartram although will be interesting to see how Magennis reacts after yesterday.

Top two is gone in my view unless we somehow go on an incredible run. We'd need something better than the 97/98 season where from Feb onwards I think we only lost 3, drew 3 and won 11.

With 18 games to go 12 wins, 3 draws would be 39 points would put us on 85, probably still not quite enough for a top 2 which could well reach near on 90 points.

I think this year we'll need something around 76 points for the play offs. That's still more than 1.5 points a game....... achievable for sure, but not easy and three of the last four games of the season are tough Shrewsbury, Portsmouth and Blackburn. With four games to go we need to be on 72 points.
  • Options
    PS, are the loan players still here if we get into the play offs?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

No excuses for the management and players now, bar any major injuries.

Or fans...we can play a big part in this as well
  • Options

Just gutted I didn't look at play off final dates before I booked 2 week family holiday........

Absolute C%€T

I did the same in 98 if its any consolation.
  • Options
    Loving the good vibe but sadly Roland is still in charge so my boycott remains in place.

#notapennymore
  • Options

Possibly, let's hope they are as good as they look on paper.