Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

DEADLINE DAY POLL - Potential Departures

edited January 2018 in General Charlton
Select what option you think most likely to happen today

DEADLINE DAY POLL - Potential Departures 227 votes

Permanent Departure(s)
48% 110 votes
Permanent Departure(s) with loan back
0% 2 votes
Loan Departure(s)
24% 55 votes
No Departure(s)
26% 60 votes

Comments

• Ajose out on loan. Can't see anything else happening.
  • Ajose and maybe a couple of the yoof out of loan.
  • Konsa off
  • No departures for me
  • Ive messed up by forgetting a permanent and loan option. In that case, tick the permanent one as that trumps it
  • Worth saying. If the above is all that happens then predictions of "asset stripping" will have turned out to be unfounded.

Mea culpa: I was convinced, when Holmes left, that the asset-stripping had started, and would continue along the lines seen at Standard. In the preparation for the Trust - Murray meeting I was pushing for a tougher line of questioning about why Holmes was being sold, and the size of the fee. @Pico argued that it would not be necessary, or helpful to the overall conversation, and at the moment, RM's description of what is likely to happen has turned out to be accurate.

There are still 15 hours to go, but at the moment I'm far more optimistic about the outlook for the rest of this season than at the point when Holmes left.
  • Perhaps naively I'm not expecting much activity today, possibly loaning a youngster out and that's it.
  • Entire squad up for sale and at the stroke of midnight Roland sells the club
  • Ajose out on loan. Can't see anything else happening.

Ah yes... I voted "No Departures" yet forgot that Ajose exists.

Be interesting if he doesn't go anywhere
  • Konsa is the most likely departure.
  • Sponsored links:

• I voted permanent for Konsa but also expect loan of Ajose
  • Ajose, Hanlan, Umerah and Lapslie all have to be in the loan window if they can find clubs I would have thought. How certain the takeover is will be evident in respect to Konsa, if it is all but done I can’t see our new owners letting him go, if it isn’t then I can see RD cashing in at a low ball offer near the end of the day.
  • Is RCC still at Woking? Would expect him to be loaned if not
  • Just hope that Konsa stays until the Summer. He's young, time is on his side. No need to rush off to a Premier League club only to not play for the next 6 months
  • Devil's advocate: it'd be bad to lose a player in form like Konsa, but it is at least the one position on the pitch we have covered
  • edited January 2018

cabbles said:

No departures for me

Glad you are staying. What message board were you thinking of going to?
    Black Cabs Forum ? http://londontaxi.proboards.com

• cabbles said:

No departures for me

Black Cabs Forum ?
    I thought it might be Northampton... or was that just @cobblers?
  • edited January 2018

cabbles said:

No departures for me

Upon hearing he was thinking of leaving
    Holmesdale.net wanted him, but he would of had to wear all black so he refused.

He then stated he wanted a move up north so North Stand Chat came in for him.

Glad he has decided to remain loyal tho,
    @cabbles CharltonLife Hero and will hopefully get his place in the hall of fame.
  • cabbles said:

No departures for me

• Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

No departures for me

Guess his move to Owlstalk fell through, the parting with Katie will have to remain
  • cabbles said:

No departures for me

Guess his move to Owlstalk fell through, the parting with Katie will have to remain
    She’s forgotten all about him mate. Back to w@nking in a sock now for him.
  • I voted permanent for Konsa but also expect loan of Ajose

Is Ajose back with us now then? So if not loaned out is he available for selection by us or not?
  • Konsa and Fosu sold. Ajose loaned.
  • Pre-deadline day deal but not announced until a few days after ...

Permanent departure: Roland Duchâtelet (fee undisclosed)
  • drewman said:

I voted permanent for Konsa but also expect loan of Ajose

Is Ajose back with us now then? So if not loaned out is he available for selection by us or not?
    yes and yes

• To loan Ajose out, you need to find a club that wants him. Bury was hardly a great advert for him.
  • edited January 2018
    Looks likely Brighton could be Konsa's new location. Could be wrong but it's emerging as the club willing *allegedly* to pay the most.
  • Loan out of under 23 players for me! Konsa will stay for now
  • Dazzler21 said:

Looks likely Brighton could be Konsa's new location. Could be wrong but it's emerging as the club willing *allegedly* to pay the most.

Brighton trying to buy Nick Powell for £3m from Wigan.
    Doubt they'd pay more for Konsa.