Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Good luck today, Addicks!

• How are the Charlton Women getting on against Man Utd?
    Top of the table clash.

Anyone on here at the match?

• Game has been temporarily postponed as our right back Kerr has suffered a serious injury, in the build up to Man United's goal. We're 1-0 down with only 12 minutes actually played
  • Now been called off...hopefully she is better than it looks & recovers soon...poor girl...:-(
  • That is really bad, poor lady. Hope she makes a full recovery.

I also hope the club look after her as this will obviously affect her life outside of football (career, studies etc.).

• Charlton Athletic Women

Verified account
    @CAFCWomen
    1m1 minute ago

"We will also bring you news on Charlotte's condition as soon as we have more information. Thanks for everyone's well wishes #cafc"
  • Terrible news. Hope she is ok.
  • Fingers crossed it's not too serious, and she makes a full and speedy recovery.
  • Sounds bad, clash of heads? Hope she makes a speedy recovery.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thoughts are with Charlotte Kerr and hope it's not as serious as it sounds.
  • Thanks for the update @redman and Man Utd can fuck off the classless wankers

Hope she’s ok

I was going to bring my daughter to this but we had to wait in for a delivery.
  • thanks @redman, doesn't seem right to "like" your update
  • edited January 2019
    What @Redman said. Heard the same. Here's to a speedy recovery for Kerr.

Ambulance arrived 45minutes after initial collison so if oxygen was needed, would've been alot. Some Utd fans not happy saying CAFC were underprepared and didn't have any of our own and used all of Utds.

Regardless, both medical teams attended to Charlotte until ambulance arrived and the decision to abandon was the right one. It was also right to wait to abandon in my eyes as the ambulance needed to enter and exit the same entrance where fans come in. If was announced sooner, may have delayed ambulance even more.

Hope she is ok and recovers quickly.
  • Get well soon, Charlotte.

• Very worrying .

Fingers crossed for some positive news very soon.
  • Couldn't make the game today but saw on twitter the injury and subsequent abandonment, hope she's Ok.
  • Good luck Charlotte.
  • redman said:

Was at the match but not sure exactly what the problem was. Happened after a clash for their goal but was probably more with goalkeeper than their forward. The poor girl was laying almost without moving for about half an hour before ambulance arrived. Oxygen was being used on her and in fact I heard had used the full supply available. Her leg was shaking with pain. Heard rumours she had cracked ribs and one that she may have a punctured lung. Stress it was mainly rumours.
    Casey Stoney, the ManU manager, threw her toys out the pram when the ref called the game off. To me it had to be the right decision in any event, although some-one told me the official reason it was called off was because all of the oxygen had been used and they couldn't continue without any in case of another mishap.
    Personally I can't see the players would have been in a frame of mind to continue and was right to have been called off anyway.
    Thoughts to Charlotte Kerr and hope she recovers quickly and the worst of the rumours are unfounded.

Didn’t Casey Stoney play for Charlton Ladies during the more successful years?
  • Sponsored links:

• Typical BBC. Headline "Man Unt Women game abandoned due to injury"! Grrrr.

as @Markg2004 says above their medical team were in attendance with Charlotte as well as ours.
  • redman said:

Was at the match but not sure exactly what the problem was. Happened after a clash for their goal but was probably more with goalkeeper than their forward. The poor girl was laying almost without moving for about half an hour before ambulance arrived. Oxygen was being used on her and in fact I heard had used the full supply available. Her leg was shaking with pain. Heard rumours she had cracked ribs and one that she may have a punctured lung. Stress it was mainly rumours.
    Casey Stoney, the ManU manager, threw her toys out the pram when the ref called the game off. To me it had to be the right decision in any event, although some-one told me the official reason it was called off was because all of the oxygen had been used and they couldn't continue without any in case of another mishap.
    Personally I can't see the players would have been in a frame of mind to continue and was right to have been called off anyway.
    Thoughts to Charlotte Kerr and hope she recovers quickly and the worst of the rumours are unfounded.

She did and was very critical of the club in the national media when the club was initially closed in 2007. Was surprised that we were congratulating her on her retirement.
  • edited January 2019
    JohnnyH2 said:

redman said:

She did and was very critical of the club in the national media when the club was initially closed in 2007. Was surprised that we were congratulating her on her retirement.
    Now you mention it, I think I remember her criticism. I think I agreed with her, to be fair.
    If memory serves, weren’t we the only club giving Arsenal a run for their money back then?

Edit: just looked it up. She basically pointed out that the women’s team were punished for the men’s team’s failings.
    She had a point.
  • If an ambulance takes 45 minutes, how much emergency oxygen do you gotta have for that kind of delay?
    I know a long journey, and taking the lead might lead to some unfortunate stances taken by Manchester United, but it would be forgivable, and I imagine when things cooled, the Manchester United contingent were as properly sympathetic, understanding and helpful as they could be.
    I hope Charlotte recovers fully and quickly.
  • Swisdom said:

Thanks for the update @redman and Man Utd can fuck off the classless wankers

Hope she’s ok

CAFC Women have thanked United for their medical assistance so not sure what they have done wrong
  • Crusty54 said:

Swisdom said:

Hope she’s ok

The Man Utd medical staff provided assistance on the pitch and were a major help. Far from classless.
    Probably referring to the fans complaining and Stoney for arguing with the ref over the postponement (the classless comment), not the Man Utd medical staff.
  • Markg2004 said:

Crusty54 said:

Swisdom said:

Hope she’s ok

The Man Utd medical staff provided assistance on the pitch and were a major help. Far from classless.
    Probably referring to the fans complaining and Stoney for arguing with the ref over the postponement (the classless comment), not the Man Utd medical staff.
    If the rumour is correct and that CAFC woman had no oxygen (and again a rumour it is a league requirement) and the game was called off as there was none left you can understand their frustration