Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Not a proper Charlton team, beating Millwall with ease.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    The girls played really well,great game...enjoyed that...👏👏👏
    The reason 4 or 5 of the Charlton girls got cramp 2nd half was the size of the pitch compared to The oakwood, Crayford where they normally play.
    Yeah was saying that to the old man,1st time he has seen the girls play,(he may become a regular now),i have only been going meself down the Oakwood this season,seen about 5 games (inc the Man U game,good to see Charlotte out there tonight),I norm go with me littleun...she is right into it now also...👍

RIP Jordan Dawes
  • Options

My daughter really enjoyed it, looked as though we had 3 or 4 pretty decent players. Our keeper didn't actually touch the ball for the first 10 mins and even then it was only a backpass.

Kit Graham no 16 I think was excellent as was the little no 11 in the middle

think she'll want to go to Oakwood now, maybe for the Man U game

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I follow Kit Graham on Instagram, she seems like a really nice girl. Her footballing technique is fantastic, surprised a few bigger clubs haven’t come sniffing for her.
  • Options
    I ❤ Kit Graham. I thought we lost a bit of direction when she went off last night.
  • Options
    Oh, and a cracking one-to-one save by Katie Startup at the end of the game!
  • Options
    I ❤ Kit Graham. I thought we lost a bit of direction when she went off last night.
    Agree,
    Kit Graham, Liz Ejupi and Amber Stobbs, the number 11 who is such a fiesty competitor, could've had a hatful on another day.

A solid win, and on to playing Man United and their full time Professionals. (Greenwood is England's LB) 
  • Options
    Thinking of taking my eldest daughter down for her first ever game at the United game.
  • Options
    Thinking of taking my eldest daughter down for her first ever game at the United game.
    Do it...proper old skool on the sidelines watching a game,my littleun loves The Valley (when we were attending) but loves it at the Vickers & how close up to the pitch we can stand & watch...on the postponed game,Man U bought a fair few supporters,so be good to get as many CAWFC girls & boys down there too...if she goes I'm sure she will enjoy it too...👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An ambulance was provided at The Valley on Wednesday night.

Look at the way Charlotte Gurr took a touch on the ball before her spot for the second goal. Very good composure.
  • Options
    Well worth going to The Oakwood. Nice club (family friendly) bar and good food inside the ground.
  • Options
    Charltons third goal sums up what is bad about womens football.My grandmother could have saved that and shes been dead thirty years.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    That second goal - shades of Gasgoigne, Sheringham and Shearer v Holland:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-JJZSxfTCg
  • Options
    timken said:
    Charltons third goal sums up what is bad about womens football.My grandmother could have saved that and shes been dead thirty years.
    Harsh, did you see David De Gea get no where near a shot at Arsenal last weak, or some of the comic keeping of Lloris recently. How about David Martin today.

I went to Chelsea v Man city at Kingston early in the season and both keepers were superb in a 0-0.

Not enough 6 foot keepers in woman's football but that will change in years to come.
  • Options
    Sadly, it’s Jordan Dawes funeral today, know a few people who knew her who are attending

RIP 

• Options
    We have to be honest and say the technical side of goalkeeping has not made the strides across the board that the rest of the women's game has. The solution is simple. Better coaching available to young female keepers. To me, this should be an FA priority.
  • Options
    We have to be honest and say the technical side of goalkeeping has not made the strides across the board that the rest of the women's game has. The solution is simple. Better coaching available to young female keepers. To me, this should be an FA priority.

This. Maybe the FA could ask clubs to get their first team goalkeepers to give some coaching. For instance, Dhillon could give tips on kicking and that chap from Millwall could teach the girls how to defend a free kick....oh, hang on...
  • Options
    Anyone know if there's parking at VCD?  Or if not would it be easy nearby?
  • Options
    Loads of street parking around VCD. No issues to park.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gammysnr said:
    About 4 hours late mate but I appreciate the sentiment!!

United deserved win today - thought we played well once we went behind and pushed forward more, shame we didn't do it a bit earlier, showed United a bit too much respect.

• Options
    Hahaha, didn't realise it was for today! Anyway hope you got a parking space. I live a stones throw away, so always space outside my house for VCD or Phoenix fans!
  • Options
    Certainly no disgrace in that score. 
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:
    Hahaha, didn't realise it was for today! Anyway hope you got a parking space. I live a stones throw away, so always space outside my house for VCD or Phoenix fans!
    I should have asked earlier to be fair!!  Didn't think until this morning.  Cheers anyway.

Was impressed to see 700 there today.  
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:
    About 4 hours late mate but I appreciate the sentiment!!

United deserved win today - thought we played well once we went behind and pushed forward more, shame we didn't do it a bit earlier, showed United a bit too much respect.

I failed a fitness test so couldn't make the game, (to watch !)but  pleased to hear the crowd was 700 + after the 600 + who turned up at the valley for the Millwall game.
    I have seen the girls 5 times this season and they have won all the games including a win against Millwall and Palace so it is a unique experience.

When I heard Kit Graham was on the bench I realized we would play a more restrained game and it's a difficult decision but because of the step up in class after the Millwall game I thought there would be a more defensive mindset.
    2-1 defeat against Man United who can entice the England LB Greenwood to leave the premier for one season and get Casey Stoney (150 Caps) to leave as Phil Neville's assistant to become Manager at United was a respectable result and shows how the team are progressing.

If Charlton can finish in top 4 of Championship when you have big Clubs like Man United, Spurs, Aston Villa, Leicester and Sheffield United all in the League it will be a great achievement in their first season back at this higher level.
  • Options
    Just because the men’s teams are big clubs doesn’t meant their  women’s teams are. 

Need to to stop judging by the same standards. 

• Options
    edited March 2019
    MrOneLung said:
    Just because the men’s teams are big clubs doesn’t meant their  women’s teams are. 

I accept that, but by association it gives the teams a bigger potential fan base and sponsership compared to London bees who had a link to Barnet.
  • Options
    I've just seen the goal by Kit Graham on the Cafc ladies Twitter, a superb strike by our striker who's been at Cafc as long as Chris Solly, even though she's still only 23.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

But in this instance, Man Utd are the only full time professional team in the Womens Championship.
    - and because of the wages they pay, can entice players from the Womens Super League.

The rest of the Championship are part time clubs.