Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can anyone recommend a decent golf coach?

Good afternoon all.

I have been playing golf for nearly 3 years now, and I am about as consistent as a Charlton winger. I have some time off work coming up, and due to unforeseen circumstances will no longer be going away, so was thinking of maybe doing some lessons to try and improve my game and stop me from frequently throwing my clubs into trees/water/other humans.

So that being said, are there are any lifers who do enjoy the game who might be able to recommend me a half decent coach around the South East London area? Lessons do not come cheap so would like to spend that money on someone who may help.

Cheeeeeeers.

Comments

• Try Roland, he thinks he’s good at everything.
  • edited January 2018
    sorry, I haven't played for 3 years & at best I was a 18 handicapper. I'm as good a coach as Roland.

My advice (for what its worth) would be to go to your nearest golf club and see what the pro there charges. I had a few lessons from the pro at Mid Kent (Gravesend) and helped me no end.
  • Not quite a coach, but hopefully gives you what you need.

• David Young at World of Golf (now Sidcup Family Golf Centre) on the A20 is very good.
  • Might be a bit too far for you but Ash Roberts at West Malling Golf Club is very good. Probably 30 mins drive from south London.

www.duncanlambertgolf.com/golf-lessons/

• LeeValley said:

David Young at World of Golf (now Sidcup Family Golf Centre) on the A20 is very good.

Sounds a bit dangerous
  • edited January 2018
    My nephew Jordan Godwin is a proffesional golfer at Barnehurst and a charlton fan
  • edited January 2018
    If you're willing to travel round the South circular (and if you've been following us for long enough, the trip won't be unfamiliar to you...) I can recommend Paul Smith at World of Golf in Elmers End. He cured my slice in the space of 4 weeks. Good short game coach too.
  • Not a coach but a mate of mine has an official handicap of minus 2.
    He has represented England all over the world in amateur competitions.
    He and his dad are also Charlton season ticket holders and drink in crossbars before matches.
    When I first met him and we started talking about golf I thought I would impress him by saying I played off eleven.
    Funny enough it didn't.
    If you ever go in crossbars FishCostaFortune plenty of people know me and I can introduce you to him.
    If he can't help you take up cricket
  • Sponsored links:

• LeeValley said:

David Young at World of Golf (now Sidcup Family Golf Centre) on the A20 is very good.

Good centre back
  • Thanks for your help guys, can always trust Charlton Life to pull through. I'll do some investigating tomorrow.

Blackpool I do happen to play cricket, and am marginally better at that then golf.
  • LeeValley said:

I would second this. Excellent coach; patient and very knowledgable.
  • Jack at Birchwood was very good
  • My nephew Jordan Godwin is a proffesional golfer at Barnehurst and a charlton fan

I play every year with Jordan in our club pro am or the PGA Links. Top lad - hits the ball a country mile. Ask him about his FIVE off the tee at Royal St Georges where he didn't have enough golf balls with him!

Say hello to him for me when you next see him @valleyman1973

• My nephew Jordan Godwin is a proffesional golfer at Barnehurst and a charlton fan

Can vouch for jordan always very busy as usually see him down the range giving lessons when I’m down there and yes he’s an addick!!