Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bobby Moore was a Charlton fan

Comments

• edited January 2018
    I assume this edition

• If it was in a publication, surely it’s enough to edit his Wikipedia page? That would wind the hamsters right up.
  • I thought it was in one of his biographies that he used to alternately go to Charlton and West Ham as a kid.

I hadn't realised he had 'preferred' us.
  • Must be karma. We shared the same birthday, 12th April.

Was always a huge fan of Bobby Moore. My first away game was when Charlton played West Ham at Upton Park in January 1964 in the third round of the FA Cup. We lost 3-0 and they went on to beat Preston 3-2 in the final.

That was my one too. He was absolute class that day. Hardly gave our Eddie and Roy Matthews a kick. Dont think he even got his shorts dirty.

• The Museum is open this Friday (2/11) @Mametz and anyone else who wants to visit @Acab

This Friday or one in November?
  • Mametz said:

Beardface said:

Mametz said:

Where are you moving to mate ?

We are moving in two weeks time. We have bought a house in Wenvoe but it won't be ready until the summer. Until then we are renting in place in Penarth.

That's where I am!
    Wenvoe or Penarth?
    Wenvoe
  • Sponsored links:

• This subject came up a few months ago. I wrote in August ....

From 1932 to 1958 WHU were in Div 2. Those were mostly great years for CAFC. Remember the story of Bobby Moore as a teenager biking from Barking over the Ferry to study our players ?
  • The Museum is open this Friday (2/11) @Mametz and anyone else who wants to visit @Acab

What are the opening hours on Friday.
  • Beardface said:

Mametz said:

Beardface said:

Mametz said:

Where are you moving to mate ?

We are moving in two weeks time. We have bought a house in Wenvoe but it won't be ready until the summer. Until then we are renting in place in Penarth.

That's where I am!
    Wenvoe or Penarth?
    Wenvoe
    Crikey.

A few beers in the Wenvoe Arms will be in order then.
  • Mametz said:

The Museum is open this Friday (2/11) @Mametz and anyone else who wants to visit @Acab

Looks like it's 2-11. That's either a late night for Henners, or a very early start!
  • edited January 2018
    https://g.co/kgs/F9qw5g

Is this your new place?
  • Mametz said:

The Museum is open this Friday (2/11) @Mametz and anyone else who wants to visit @Acab

11 to 2.30 on Friday 2/2 @Mametz
  • It's also mentioned in the biography that came out a few years ago that he used to travel over to Woolwich to watch us.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's also mentioned in the biography that came out a few years ago that he used to travel over to Woolwich to watch us.

Watching us and supporting us are two different things - we need to Shoot! interview to differentiate!
  • Mametz said:

Ok,

Will be there on Friday.
  • Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Ok,

Will be there on Friday.
    Cheers
  • Never mind Welsh pubs ffs, come on guys, let's do this. Get the article and then let's do Wikipedia. This is hilarious.
  • pettgra said:

Must be karma. We shared the same birthday, 12th April.

Was always a huge fan of Bobby Moore. My first away game was when Charlton played West Ham at Upton Park in January 1964 in the third round of the FA Cup. We lost 3-0 and they went on to beat Preston 3-2 in the final.

That was my one too. He was absolute class that day. Hardly gave our Eddie and Roy Matthews a kick. Dont think he even got his shorts dirty.

Just looked it up. 34,000 at Upton Park that day. West Ham scorers were Brabrook, Hurst and Sissons. Also see that West Ham lost to Blackburn 8-2 a couple of days before Christmas, which must have been about 10 days or so before this game with Charlton.
  • @Mametz you not got a camera on your phone?
  • Try Googling "Bobby Moore Charlton Athletic fan", all that comes up is Bobby f&&&ing Charlton. Shit name