Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weirdest thing a colleague has done

Comments

• Options
    OK - I'll tell you. I briefly worked with Britain's second most prolific serial killer!
  • Options

OK - I'll tell you. I briefly worked with Britain's second most prolific serial killer!

Denis Nielson? Pretty sure someone else on here "works" with him as well. But that is pretty creepy
  • Options
    I worked briefly in Kentish Town jobcentre in the 80s. He even showed me round the office. He seemed the educated quiet type rather than a psycho but I know his supervisor realised he was strange. It affected him quite badly and I really felt for the bloke. I didn't get to know him or make any attempt to and my encounter with him was brief as I moved to the Camden office. It came out when I was working there. Staff said that the brought food in for Xmas parties in a big pot which wasn't the best for those that ate any of it!
  • Options

I worked briefly in Kentish Town jobcentre in the 80s. He even showed me round the office. He seemed the educated quiet type rather than a psycho but I know his supervisor realised he was strange. It affected him quite badly and I really felt for the bloke. I didn't get to know him or make any attempt to and my encounter with him was brief as I moved to the Camden office. It came out when I was working there. Staff said that the brought food in for Xmas parties in a big pot which wasn't the best for those that ate any of it!

Was that it
  • Options

Human meat won't harm you, it's a taboo but and irrational one if you see past the whole eating another human being thing
  • Options
    I don't think they thought they ate human meat - just what else might have been cooked in the pot before! And I don't think they were mostly worried about the health issues!
  • Options
    Carter said:

Human meat won't harm you, it's a taboo but and irrational one if you see past the whole eating another human being thing
    That’s quite a take on the situation. I think 99.9% or more people would be properly freaked out by it.

• Options

Carter said:

That’s quite a take on the situation. I think 99.9% or more people would be properly freaked out by it.

Me too, it's a taboo. Just something I discovered, human flesh won't harm you physically. Mentally, well if it came down to it and I needed to eat to survive never say never
  • Options
    Carter said:

Carter said:

Me too, it's a taboo. Just something I discovered, human flesh won't harm you physically. Mentally, well if it came down to it and I needed to eat to survive never say never
    Not sure why anyone would think it would do you harm. It’s just meat when all said and done but it would freak me out.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Carter said:

Carter said:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2006/may/18/extract.features11

or

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5107707/Nando-Parrado-recalls-surviving-1972-Andes-plane-wreck.html
  • Options
    had a guy suddenly start blubbering about his recently passed away grandmother during an interview for a job and start crying. We were actually quite desperate for someone short term so we got him in. Safe to say he was rubbish (one freelancer we got in who he was meant to be assisting said to us "having no one would be better than having him"), but the weird thing was he would spend all day rubbing vicks on his forehead (i thought you put it on your feet or your chest???) and only ate morleys chicken. I'm a fan of morleys but not every day.

Honestly some of us were terrified he was gonna hurt himself or one of us.
  • Options

Well this thread has just got weird

Would ya though
  • Options
    When I was a manager in insurance, i went to go for a Bradley Cooper the gents cubicles were all taken up so I used the disabled loo, there were two side by side, anyway as I growled to force a particular fearsome Mr Hankey out, I heard a female groan next door.

I thought she she's also in battle, I tried to concentrate on my own turd.

As I cleaned up my exit door and hit the flush leaver I heard her groans speeding up and she squealed another single manager's name.

I waited outside and don't you know it the other manager walks out and says to me, you might want to leave that one, I wait 5 minutes back at my desk and our newly married claims adjuster walks into the office with disheveled hair.

I assume to this day they were the ones banging in the toilet.

The other manager always admitted shagging one of our team, but never gave a name as to which one it was!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018

At roughly the same time in my career I recall a Christmas party were I got very drunk. The next week people were talking about a gay orgy that occured in the men's toilets. I then recalled falling over bodies on the floor as I went for a slash. I recalled struggling to get to my feet and apologising - as you do and continued to the cubicle without giving it a second thought. Until of course the next week when the reality dawned on me!

And thought sxxt I missed out there then.
  • Options

Although my story is not a weird thing that a colleague done, it is a great story about a colleague.

In 1983 I was sharing an office with an Irish guy who was married and living in the ground floor flat at 23 Cranley Gardens, Muswell Hill, North London.

For a couple of weeks he had been coming into work and complaining about the drains in the building. The problem was that there were three flats in the block and no resident was taking responsibility for the problem.

A week or so later his wife rang him at work and told him that raw sewage and foul smelling water was lifting the inspection cover on the drain down their side path, directly underneath their window. Jim told her to get Dyno Rod or a plumber out to sort the problem, and he would speak to the other residents that evening regarding the bill.

His wife rang him back that a plumber would be coming, but it wouldn’t be to the end of the day. As it was winter and it got dark by 4.30pm the plumber told her he might not be able to clear the blockage until the next day.

The next day Jim comes in to work to tell me that the drains were still blocked, and the plumbers were coming back that morning to sort the problem, however something really weird happened last night.
    About 1.30am he heard a noise down his side path and he could hear the Inspection Cover of the drain being lifted. He said that Dennis a guy living in the top floor flat had gone out in middle of the night and had looked down the manhole with a torch. Is that bizarre or what?

The next day was unbelievable.
    The first phone call from his wife, she says that the plumbers had arrived. They started clearing the blockage and that they had found some strange items down the drain.
    Remember this was before mobile phones, the plumber asks Jim’s wife to call the police and ask for a police car to be sent to the property. Jim asked what strange items have they found and his wife say’s the plumbers think they are human remains.

The second phone call. The police arrive; they also believe the items are probably human.

The third phone call. The police have arrived on mass. They have cordoned off the house and are searching all three properties within the building.

The fourth phone call. The police searched Jim’s flat, and the flat on the middle floor.
    The police then told Jim’s wife that when they searched Dennis Nilsen’s flat on the top floor they found human remains stored in the flat.

That evening when I left work it was headlines in the Evening News and Standard, and the main item on the BBC and ITV News.

My colleague had been friends and a neighbour of Dennis Nielsen. The serial killer who killed between 12 and 18 men.

There were a couple of footnotes to this story.
    As I have already mentioned this was before mobile phones. The following day Jim is back at work and he says, that evening there had been a knock on the door from an American TV News company. They had offered Jim and his wife £1,000 to allow them to be based in their flat, to let them have use of their telephone, and for Jim’s wife to keep them supplied with hot drinks and sandwiches throughout the day.

We were both earning about £175 per week at the time so this was a lot of money. Jim turned this offer down and said that he wasn’t interested. The house next door accepted the offer.

Jim, and Dennis Nilsen both owned dogs. Some evening they would walk their dogs together.
    When the police broke into Nilsen’s flat they found his dog. Jim’s wife offered to look after the dog, which the police agreed to.
    After a couple of weeks the police turned up and removed the dog. They told them that Nilsen had been feeding the dog human flesh (presumably he admitted this) and Jim said that the dog was going to be put down.

Dennis Nilsen, one of Britain’s most infamous serial killers, has died behind bars at the age of 72.

The Prison Service confirmed the man who became known as the Muswell Hill Murderer had passed away at HMP Full Sutton on Saturday, 34 years into his life sentence.

It is believed he died from natural causes.

During the late 1970s and early 1980s, Nilsen carried out a murderous spree of near-unparalleled savagery.

He is believed to have killed as many as 15 young men, most of them homeless homosexuals, at his north London home.

After luring his victims to their death, Nilsen would often sit with their corpses for days before dismembering them.

His warped crimes were only detected by chance – when a drain outside his home on Cranley Gardens, Muswell Hill, became blocked by the human remains he had tried to flush away.

He was jailed for life with a recommendation he serve a minimum of 25 years in 1983, on six counts of murder and two of attempted murder.

A spokesman for the Prison Service said: “Dennis Andrew Nilsen, date of birth November 23 1945, died in custody at HMP Full Sutton on Saturday, May 12 2018.

“As with all deaths in custody, there will be an independent investigation by the Prisons and Probation Ombudsman.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/serial-killer-dennis-nilsen-dies-aged-72/ar-AAxaBtl?li=BBoPRmx
  • Options

Quite a few years back I had a two week holiday planned at work and my manager had hired some new people. In my absence he thought it would be good to get someone to strictly do my job. So the day before I go away Paul (my manager) comes up to me and says how the new guy is in today, needs me to train him up as best as possible before I leave. He starts to really emphasise with me that although this new bloke is a 'lovely, lovely guy' that he came across like he was a bit simple. I didn't think too much into this as I've trained quite a few staff and always managed regardless of what they're like.

So the new lad comes upstairs and introduces himself, his name was Micky I think. I show him around and tell him what needs to be done on a daily basis etc. As I'm showing him how to use the machinery he's asking away, what I do outside work, hobbies, that kind of stuff. We get on to the subject of football, he asks who I support and I say Charlton. As soon as I say this he sort of goes from leaning on the wall, stands up straight taps his chest and just says 'Millwall'. I look at him sort of grinning thinking he's playing in to the stereo type, nope. He just stands there for a few seconds staring at me without following on from that. I carry on doing what I'm doing and I'm showing him how to use everything (he ain't got scooby btw) and he just says after the pretty awkward silence 'yeah we don't like eachother do we?' so at this point I'm thinking ffs, what are the chances and think it must be some kind of wind up by my manager who knows I love Charlton. I say to him 'yeah I don't think our fans do Micky' and just try and carry on as normal.

About half hour later I say to him we will go for lunch and finish where we let off when I'm back. So he goes to the canteen and I nip out. On my way back in Paul finds me and asks how he's getting on. I had to tell him the Millwall thing cause I found it bizarre. Paul has a chuckle about it and said he told me he seemed a bit simple. Paul's an Ipswich fan and at this point all 3 clubs are in the Championship, Paul is telling me how Ipswich are doing and I'm moaning about Chalrton and we are both reflecting on how our seasons are going.

Micky comes strolling in and Paul asks how he's doing and how's he's finding it. Micky just goes 'yeah it's alright'. Paul (bare in mind this is his new boss and just given him the job) says to Micky 'I've been told you are a Millwall fan, not doing to well at the moment are ya?'. I shit you not, this Micky kid goes to him 'yeah we aren't on the pitch but off it we would still do your lot in'. There's just an awkward silence and I can't help but grin, Paul looks at me bewildered and just says 'you what' to him and he says something along the lines of 'yeah I know we are rubbish but we would still do your mob in'

My manager just said that's not what football is about and you shouldn't think like that, or something along those lines and walked off. Then I had to spend the next two hours teaching this Millwall Micky how to do the job.

There's so much more to it on how his training went and how he did when I was away but I think you'll get the jist just by that, what a typical spanner

You sure his name was Mickey and not Stuart?
  • Options

One of my team has just told me that the reason he is currently off work with an ACL injury that requires reconstructive surgery is that whilst having an 'intimate' moment with his wife, he slipped whilst jumping off a bedside cabinet pretending to be Spiderman.

I've told him I'm posting this here as it's either the most elaborate sickie someone has ever pulled or he deserves further humiliation.

Proper humiliation requires his name and address.