Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Charlton | Sat 27 Jan | 3pm KO | ***GAME OFF***

Blackpool v Charlton Athletic
Saturday 27th January 2017 … 3pm Kick-Off
Referee: Carl Boyeson (East Yorkshire)

Introduction

Three wins on the trot are making our poor run in November and December seem a distant memory… the two wins prior to last Saturday felt hollow and felt as though issues were still there, yet against Walsall everything seemed to click in the second half, and for the first time since October, Charlton looked serious Play-Off contenders. Let’s see if the Addicks can continue that good form as they make the trip back up to Lancashire where they’ll face Blackpool.

The Opposition
Name: Blackpool | Manager: Gary Bowyer
Ground: Bloomfield Road

As per last weekend, we face a side this Saturday who are trapped firmly in the battle to obtain mid-table whilst avoiding the tight gap between themselves and the relegation zone. After a brief flirtation with the top six, the Seasiders have slipped back down the league, and like many clubs in the Division, find themselves only a handful of points above the relegation zone… The final few weeks of the League One season should certainly be interesting to say the least.

Of course we might moan about Roland Duchatalet yet our opponents have been forced to endure the Oystens for much longer – This Saturday will be proof of the rift between fan and owner as an near empty Bloomfield Road will be forced to say goodbye to one of English Football’s most famous sons’

In total he played 569-times for the Seasiders, he won 43-caps with England and was part of the famous team in ’66… Jimmy Armfield was a one club man and makes a mockery of the modern day game (especially when you take into account the likes of Alexis Sanchez and Cristiano Ronaldo)… One of the best Right-Backs of his generation, he only ever wanted to be remembered as a decent Footballer. He’ll be sorely missed by the Footballing community!!

Charlton Team News
Our win against Walsall last weekend might have been impressive, yet for 45-minutes in the first half it certainly wasn’t… Five minutes into the restart; Tariqe Fosu made his return to action and turned the game on his head – Whether he starts or again appears from the bench, will be the biggest question raised tomorrow at 2pm.

In his Press Conference yesterday; Karl Robinson confirmed that Patrick Bauer will be returning to the squad this Saturday (with Jason Pearce a week behind) so you’d expect to see Harry Lennon dropping back to the bench, likely to be joined by new loan signing: Michal Zyro who has come in from Wolverhampton Wanderers… Also mentioned was the fact that one player will be missing for personal reasons, am sure whoever that might be, Charlton fans will be wishing him well…

Amos
Solly | Konsa | Bauer | Dasilva
Kashi | Aribo
Fosu | Mavididi | Marshall
Ahearne-Grant

Substitutes Bench: Phillips | Lennon | Dijksteel | Jackson | Reeves | Zyro | Forster-Caskey

Prediction
Charlton v Blackpool was one of the worst games at the Valley this season. Yet that was then, and this is now… Blackpool that day only had the one chance to score (yet sadly took it) so shouldn’t cause much of a threat – A quick front four whoever plays will be dangerous to any opponent and see all three points returning to London!!

Comments

• Options
    after last weeks performance - which i though was very good at not exactly a shite team, blackpool formn atm isnt great 5 points from a possible 15, IF we play as we did last week then we should win.

blackpool 1 - charlton 2
  • Options
    This will be a draw . Perhaps a Desmond. 2-2
  • Options
    Looks like you've assumed Magennis will be the missing person...
  • Options
    Would love to see KAG start and score if Magennis is out tomorrow
  • Options
    Blackpool’s pitch is much like ours was pre RD so playing on the floor is much harder and we are not great in the air.

I think their stadium will be a lot fuller this weekend as we all pay our respects to one of the genuinely all time greats. I think this will lift their whole club and their performance.

That said, we have the pace and skill to open them up and whoever starts, we will with have a really strong bench.

I note you don’t have big Mav in the squad and I expect him to start unless injured or he is the one with issues. I also expect Reeves in the number 10 role to start.

I think Robbo will want the experienced ‘team’ that are used to playing together and know each other to start to help deal with the occasion and keep it tight. Both Mav and Reeves to be early subs in the second half with Zyro and Fosu coming on.

So nice to have so many choices!
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Options
    Amos
    Solly | Konsa | Lennon | Dasilva
    Kashi | JFC
    Fosu | Aribo | Marshall
    Mavididi

No way Lennon should be dropped big fan of his. Would like to see the new coined term “false 9” given a go as a chance to rest Magennis, I think there’s enough pace and trickery in the wide two and Mavididi.
    Prediction: 0-2 (Fosu, Mavididi)
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Complete random guess... Wanna point out I have no inside info on that topic
  • Options
    The sad loss of Jimmy Armfield may certainly change the nature of the atmosphere, and may inspire the Blackpool players, so we need to be really up for this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    10-0 to Blackpool

(Yes, I have not taken my happy pills today!)
  • Options
    Should be one of our stronger line ups with Fosu coming back, also Zyro should get a run out at the end. Hopefully strong performance for the travelling addicks (me inclusive) 1-2 we go 2 up and then they score late leaving us to hold onto our arses!
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Too easy ! In all seriousness, I hope nothing awful has happened
  • Options
    2 - 1 Away win for The Addicks, Fosu and Zyro.
  • Options
    Banks, Cohen, Wilson, Stiles, Moore, Charlton (J), Peters, Ball, Charlton (R), Hurst, Hunt.... No disrespect to him, but the Armfield name is not there! He was a part of the famous squad, but not the famous 1966 team!

Fancy a 2-0 win tomorrow. COYA!
  • Options
    Blackpool 1 - 3 Charlton

Magennis gets the first two and Fosu the last before a late consolation goal.

Zyro is a late sub for Magennis.

Kashi is the player away for personal reason is my guess.

We stay 7th
  • Options
    Blackpool FC say they are giving all proceeds to a local Hospice. I assume it will be associated with Jimmy Armfield in some way.

A very good gesture.

Must be the first good thing they have done, but hats off to them for this.
  • Options
    1-2 to Charlton.
  • Options

Blackpool 1 - 3 Charlton

We stay 7th

Kashi was training yesterday, saw it on twitter, he tried to chip Amos.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd Keep same line up as Saturday especially if the pitch is as bad as it has been. Obviously the player away with personal problems is unknown so can't say.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Blackpool FC say they are giving all proceeds to a local Hospice. I assume it will be associated with Jimmy Armfield in some way.

A very good gesture.

not quite its on home walk ups only and not away tickets, granted a good gesture, but not quite as generous as it sounds.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

A very good gesture.

not quite its on home walk ups only and not away tickets, granted a good gesture, but not quite as generous as it sounds.
    Ah, so cash sales only. How far do you think their supporters will trust that figure to be accurate?

Best advice I can suggest is to get someone really experienced at estimating crowds. KM is good at that and I am sure you will help if they promise to write something nice about her.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

A very good gesture.

Ah, so cash sales only. How far do you think their supporters will trust that figure to be accurate?

Best advice I can suggest is to get someone really experienced at estimating crowds. KM is good at that and I am sure you will help if they promise to write something nice about her.
    pretty much so its really any boycotters that are breaking there boycott for this game will be donated plus it will be the operating costs taken out etc.
  • Options
    0-2 , let's try and get camped in the top six.
  • Options
    Ah Blackpool did I ever mention
    Oh forget it.

Hopefully 3 more points to keep our run going. If we play like we did 2nd half last week I can see us winning.

2.1 Charlton

Rip Jimmy Armfield.
  • Options
    Can see us winning comfortably tomorrow, however they normally have a crap pitch in the winter so if we can get 3 points and no injuries then what a result that will be. 2-0 to us, Marshall and Reeves. Assuming the missing player will be Zyro as his Mrs is about to drop isn't she?
  • Options

Blackpool 1 - 3 Charlton

We stay 7th

Kashi was training yesterday, saw it on twitter, he tried to chip Amos.