Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    Kent v Lancashrie, My two favourite teams going head to head. Oh well I will have one team to support in the finals.
  • Options
    I've sweated buckets here behind my laptop tonight ! Good job I had my wellies on.

Talk about going down to the wire! How many catches did Essex drop ?

Guess they'll announce the schedule for the Quarters tomorrow. SO hope it will be the Thursday or Friday for us.

Well done you Spitfire boys !!!!
  • Options
    Repeat of the 2015 quarter final at Canterbury.

We lost that one narrowly with the scores level because Lancs had lost less wickets.

I was there!

Let's hope we can reverse it this time.
  • Options
    Come on Super Kent.
  • Options
    Are Stoinis and Milne sticking around for the remainder of the tournament or are they off now?
  • Options
    Stonis is injured anyway. Unless I'm mistaken Henry is back for the championship game which starts Sunday. So if Milne is gone presumably he will be available. Be more than happy if both Milne and Henry can play!
    As this could be a 4 day game it potentially won't finish until Wednesday. Could have an impact. However I see Lancs also have a game playing against Surry at the Oval. I note this does not start until 1.30pm. Is this a day/nighter so could finish late Wednesday. Hardly ideal preparation for them either.
  • Options
    redman said:

Stonis is injured anyway. Unless I'm mistaken Henry is back for the championship game which starts Sunday. So if Milne is gone presumably he will be available. Be more than happy if both Milne and Henry can play!
    As this could be a 4 day game it potentially won't finish until Wednesday. Could have an impact. However I see Lancs also have a game playing against Surry at the Oval. I note this does not start until 1.30pm. Is this a day/nighter so could finish late Wednesday. Hardly ideal preparation for them either.

Tough for Lancashire, as they are away for both the Surrey and Kent matches, indeed for any players playing in both, it wouldn't be worth going home in between!

As an aside, if the England match finishes early, will Jos Buttler be released to play for Lancashire on Thursday?
  • Options
    Sussex in the final?
  • Options
    Sussex were my tip to win the whole thing at the start
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Sussex were my tip to win the whole thing at the start

It’s possible but they are not the same side without Rashid Khan who has been recalled for Afghanistan’s games in Ireland next week. The rumour is though that he will miss the QF but may be back for the finals if Sussex get there. Kent though look a good bet to me, to be honest.

• Options
    In this format, I think any of the 8 teams can beat any of the other 8 teams!
  • Options
    Any advice on getting back to London on the train after the game? How to get back to the station and how late do the trains run etc?
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Kent v Lancashrie, My two favourite teams going head to head. Oh well I will have one team to support in the finals.

Me too, because I have become an adopted Lancastrian over the years; although I am now planning on returning to the homeland (lets hope there's a change in ownership so that I can return to the Valley once more and get to see more of KCCC). I have watched Lancs many times and have many happy memories from Old Trafford....however, like Charlton, Kent will always come first - come on Super Kent!
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Any advice on getting back to London on the train after the game? How to get back to the station and how late do the trains run etc?

Where are you going to?

The last high speed train to St Pancras from Canterbury West is at 22:25, it's makeable but you need to walk quickly after the match
    At 22:39 there is a connecting train from Canterbury West East (via Ashford) to get to St Pancras (nb correction)
    The last train from Canterbury Easy (which is slightly nearer) to Victoria is also at 22:39

I assume taxis can be prebooked if you're not sure you can make it, the roads into Canterbury afterwards aren't that congested
  • Options
    Squad for tomorrow's 4 day match

Kent squad: 7 Sam Billings (c/wk), 23 Daniel Bell-Drummond, 16 Zak Crawley, 8 Mitch Claydon, 6 Joe Denly, 58 Sean Dickson, 4 Heino Kuhn, 25 , 1 Harry Podmore, 3 Darren Stevens, 9 Grant Stewart, 5 Ivan Thomas, 33 Adam Riley and 21 Oliver Robinson.
  • Options
    Back to greenwich. Looks like public transport a non-starter. So any advice abut parking?!
  • Options

Back to greenwich. Looks like public transport a non-starter. So any advice abut parking?!

There is a massive car park behind the ground for a tenner, alternatively there are plenty of car parks in Canterbury about a ten minute walk away
  • Options

http://www.kentcricket.co.uk/grounds/the-spitfire-ground/

I've used the park and ride once which was fine
  • Options

Where are you going to?

The last high speed train to St Pancras from Canterbury West is at 22:25, it's makeable but you need to walk quickly after the match
    At 22:39 there is a connecting train from Canterbury East (via Ashford) to get to St Pancras
    The last train from Canterbury Easy (which is slightly nearer) to Victoria is also at 22:39

I assume taxis can be prebooked if you're not sure you can make it, the roads into Canterbury afterwards aren't that congested
    would probably need a cab to get to Canterbury West but would make Canterbury East in time walking. There is a cut through alley that leads to the station from the Old Dover Road. I'll send you exact details if you want them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the advice. Looks like we'll have to drive
  • Options
    redman said:

Where are you going to?

At 22:39 there is a connecting train from Canterbury East (via Ashford) to get to St Pancras

would probably need a cab to get to Canterbury West but would make Canterbury East in time walking. (20 minutes) There is a cut through alley that leads to the station from the Old Dover Road. I'll send you exact details if you want them.
  • Options
    redman said:

Where are you going to?

would probably need a cab to get to Canterbury West but would make Canterbury East in time walking. There is a cut through alley that leads to the station from the Old Dover Road. I'll send you exact details if you want them.
    I've made it back to Canterbury West to catch the 22:25 before, and the second line should say Canterbury WEST, the 22:39 is definitely makeable

It is a longer walk though
  • Options
    Yes usually. Might not have done this week though when game overran, but if it finishes close to ontime I agree.
    Personally I would comfortably say within 20 mins for CE whereas CW would be 30 mins. Obviously people walk different speeds.
  • Options
    redman said:

Yes usually. Might not have done this week though when game overran, but if it finishes close to ontime I agree.
    Personally I would comfortably say within 20 mins for CE whereas CW would be 30 mins. Obviously people walk different speeds.

I have moaned to Kent on Twitter about this! If they started at 6:30 it would make life so much easier

For example I was at the Surrey match which was eventually rained off. There was the potential to play an extra 30 minutes, but no way could I have stayed if they played on until 10:20 say, and others would be in the same boat too.
  • Options
    About time from what I have read on here.
    Club form seems impressive
  • Options
    Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10am . No restrictions

http://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/vitality-blast-quarter-final-tickets/
  • Options

Very best wishes to Ollie Robinson who is making his debut in the CC today.

Daniel Bell-Drummond
    Sean Dickson
    Heino Kuhn
    Joe Denly
    Sam Billings(c)(wk)
    Zak Crawley
    Ollie Robinson
    Darren Stevens
    Harry Podmore
    Grant Stewart
    Ivan Thomas

According to the BBC, Billings is keeping wicket so Ollie will be playing as a batsman. That batting lineup looks long, hopefully we can get a batting point!
  • Options
    going to be difficult getting Leicester out twice with that bowling attack