Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

1124125126127128130»

Comments

• Options

Ben Manenti, a 21 year old Australian off break bowler, made his debut in the Big Bash today and returned superb figures of 4-0-13-2. He hadn't played any form of first class cricket before but interesting to see who he played for last season:

espncricinfo.com/australia/content/player/1065115.html

I didnt check all the scorecards in his history last year for Kent 2nds, but the ones i did, he didnt bowl very much, and when he did, his figures were moderate to say the least.Sometimes being used more as a batter than a bowler.
    Whats the feedback from Kent re him AA ?
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Ben Manenti, a 21 year old Australian off break bowler, made his debut in the Big Bash today and returned superb figures of 4-0-13-2. He hadn't played any form of first class cricket before but interesting to see who he played for last season:

espncricinfo.com/australia/content/player/1065115.html

I didnt check all the scorecards in his history last year for Kent 2nds, but the ones i did, he didnt bowl very much, and when he did, his figures were moderate to say the least.Sometimes being used more as a batter than a bowler.
    Whats the feedback from Kent re him AA ?
    I have no feedback and I would think that he is just one of many that we give a go to during the course of the 2nd X1 season.

It is the subject of some discussion that we do this (as opposed to giving players from the Kent PL a chance) but, as the likes of Dickson and Stewart have become pros, it is difficult to argue against. No batsman actually managed to score 700 runs in the KPL last season although Ollie Robinson (who is contracted to Kent and now back with Bexley) did make 579 runs in just 8 innings for Beckenham. Equally, no bowler took 40 wickets but, there again, it's not quite so easy to excel with the ball given the limitation of a maximum of 10 overs per match.
  • Options
    Denly is finally having a good batting game
    for the 6ers

42*
  • Options
    61* for Denly.

Keep it going
  • Options
    Denly wins it for SS
  • Options
    Nicely paced innings, brisk without going too fast. Interesting that he didn't bowl
  • Options
    Denly's struggled with his timing throughout the tournament and was dropped on 33 but as this innings wore on he played with more fluidity. Hopefully he can kick on from here.

Strangest thing was seeing Rashid Khan giving it large to him - for some reason Rashid had the right hump and stormed off the pitch at the end without shaking anyone's hands. Know his father died last week and quite possible that this is affecting his demeanour.
  • Options

Denly's struggled with his timing throughout the tournament and was dropped on 33 but as this innings wore on he played with more fluidity. Hopefully he can kick on from here.

Strangest thing was seeing Rashid Khan giving it large to him - for some reason Rashid had the right hump and stormed off the pitch at the end without shaking anyone's hands. Know his father died last week and quite possible that this is affecting his demeanour.

Denly has struggled with his form since Sri Lanka really, which was a shame as it probably cost him his big chance of an England Test call up