Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michał Żyro signs on Loan from Wolves

Comments

• Options
    With a full pre season and fully fit I think he would likely be a decent player but he looks to me to be a finisher rather than the one to hold the ball up and focal point. Alongside someone like Yann he would be very good I reckon.
  • Options
    Yann got the late equaliser for Reading at the weekend

i heart Yann
  • Options
    Sage said:

Complete waste of time on Saturday. He didn’t win a single header and showed nothing. He done really well against Plymouth in particular, but he needs a rest and Magennis needs to start.

Needs a rest!? From what pray? If he isn't fit he should not be in the squad. Like that useless invisible tosser we've got from Palace. Just what does he bring to the table? Roll on the close season so we can sign more of the same.

• Options
    Oh, wouldn't that be great!!
  • Options
    Sage said:

Complete waste of time on Saturday. He didn’t win a single header and showed nothing. He done really well against Plymouth in particular, but he needs a rest and Magennis needs to start.

Remind me what Magennis has done this season ?
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Sage said:

Remind me what Magennis has done this season ?
    He's our joint top scorer despite playing in Robbo's terrible system with no support and no service for most of the year. You never know he could just look a different player if played in a 2.
    He didn't on Saturday
  • Options
    Last season Magennis got 10 in 36 league starts.
    This season he has 9 in 34 starts.

Zyro has 3 in 7 starts coming off an almost 2 year lay off.

I know who i'd prefer to play up front.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nicky Ajose has 11 or so goals in those 2 years, should that automatically mean he should start behind Josh and Zyro? There's more to it than goals, think Josh deserves a start in the 442 after Zyro performances in last 2 games.
  • Options
    I don't think it really makes a great deal of difference who starts up top at present.
  • Options

Nicky Ajose has 11 or so goals in those 2 years, should that automatically mean he should start behind Josh and Zyro? There's more to it than goals, think Josh deserves a start in the 442 after Zyro performances in last 2 games.
    I don't agree. We looked even worse when he came on on Saturday, bar the odd bit of magic from Tarique
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

I don't agree. We looked even worse when he came on on Saturday, bar the odd bit of magic from Tarique
    Can be a big difference to starting a game to coming on, not saying Mcgennis is more suited to starting but some players naturally are whilst some players are better as impact players.
  • Options
    bump :-)
  • Options

Service to our strikers has been absolute shite for years now, its no coincidence centre forwards struggle here. Its in our DNA.

It's the constant lumping of the ball forward every time under every manager.
  • Options
    @golfaddick - Magennis has had a shot from outside the area at last!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@golfaddick - Magennis has had a shot from outside the area at last!

Evidence that he should do so more often...

Many of our players would have missed that under Robinson... Not through lack of ability, but for their disgust for Knobinson.
  • Options
    TTT
  • Options

He's gonna score the winner in the play off final.

Gonna need to put some money on this.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Magennis has made it to double figures two consecutive seasons despite service best described as 'rudimentary' - he's not a goal machine but he will keep plugging away and keep getting the odd goal. Zyro did well when the team fired up and worked as a unit but when he had to provide his own inspiration/service he struggled. Neither is the "complete" striker but I can see them making a decent pairing if given time.

Are we supposed to be happy about that ??? He's our main fecking striker ffs !!!! Getting into "double figures" should generally mean getting close to 20 goals - not just 10 !!!!

The first thing a new owner should do is to buy at least 1 decent striker who you can rely on getting 18-20 goals in a season.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Magennis has made it to double figures two consecutive seasons despite service best described as 'rudimentary' - he's not a goal machine but he will keep plugging away and keep getting the odd goal. Zyro did well when the team fired up and worked as a unit but when he had to provide his own inspiration/service he struggled. Neither is the "complete" striker but I can see them making a decent pairing if given time.

Are we supposed to be happy about that ??? He's our main fecking striker ffs !!!! Getting into "double figures" should generally mean getting close to 20 goals - not just 10 !!!!

The first thing a new owner should do is to buy at least 1 decent striker who you can rely on getting 18-20 goals in a season.
    Need to buy a midfield as well....
  • Options
    Just about every other club is looking for the same. Generally these cost a fortune unless you get lucky with a relative unknown. Sometimes strikers just click at the right club (see Ajose @ Swindon)
  • Options
    @Dazzler21

Great post of yours above. People need reminding of these things.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Just does it! Perhaps we just leave it to the management to put the team together to deliver the vision?
  • Options
    It's funny how Zyro has gone from being our star striker not so long ago to not even coming off the bench. He's not played at all since the Scunthorpe game