Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things that mysteriously disappear indoors

A bit weird but I have no answer.

A month or two back I noticed that one of our tea cups was missing, asked my girl friend if she had broken one or thrown it away for some reason but she said no so I had a good look in cupboards where it shouldn't be etc etc until I had to admit defeat because it wasn't anywhere to be found. Have to say (sadly) i thought gf was lying but it's only a cup & so I said nothing & let the matter drop. She has been away since Thursday visiting relatives, yesterday morning I used a glass for some fruit juice & went out shopping leaving the glass in the sink. We only have two of these glasses, they were in the flat when we moved in & I always use them for juice. When I came home from shopping i fancied some more juice so went to the cupboard for the second glass, second glass is missing. Checked the draining board, cups & plates no glass. Checked all cupboards, looked in microwave, fridge cooker (just in case i'm going mad/forgetful) but no glass. There were two after GF had left for visit & now there's only one & I don't have the faintest idea where the other one is ! Anyone else experience anything similar ?

Comments

• Options
    Look in the dishwasher. Or in the stomach of your cat / dog.
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

I am the dishwasher :-(
  • Options

Mrkinski said:

I am the dishwasher :-(
    Look inside yourself then.
  • Options
    It sounds like a glitch in the Matrix. If men in black suits come knocking you need to run.
  • Options
    Sounds like you've got kitchenware rats.

Did the glass look like this?:

• Options

Individual socks go Missing all the time

I swear on my life that every time I put on a wash, odd numbers of socks come out, rather than even. Grrrr.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep all the time, spare car key is one that vanishes often! Others include paddling pools and sledges... Seriously how do you misplace a paddling pool?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Yep all the time, spare car key is one that vanishes often! Others include paddling pools and sledges... Seriously how do you misplace a paddling pool?

You sure it's not just in camouflaged in the garden ?

• Options
    Have you noticed that when you throw away odd socks the missing one turns up ...
    Another mystery is that when you put 3 or 4 headphone or earpices in a drawer when you open that drawer a couple of weeks later they are all tangled up ...
  • Options
    The tangled wires is the worst one. I'll coil them around into Individual spirals of pure electronic bliss and place them carefully in separate areas within a drawer, and a couple of days later open said drawer to find the cables wrapped around eachother tighter than a game of naked twister at a contortionist convention
  • Options
    Do either of you sleepwalk Bob? :grimace:
  • Options
    My mate's trampoline went missing last week. It was found over the fence and wrapped round the neighbour's car.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I took a Bluetooth Sound Speaker along to my wedding to save on sound for when my wife walked into the room - Picked it up from the venue the next day, remember putting it down indoors yet haven't seen it since, just disappeared completely into a black hole

Whenever something else goes missing, the first response me or my wife will give to each other when we ask where it is, is: "Its no doubt with the Speaker"
  • Options
    EastStand said:

Do either of you sleepwalk Bob? :grimace:

No mate, it's a total mystery.
  • Options

I took a Bluetooth Sound Speaker along to my wedding to save on sound for when my wife walked into the room - Picked it up from the venue the next day, remember putting it down indoors yet haven't seen it since, just disappeared completely into a black hole

Whenever something else goes missing, the first response me or my wife will give to each other when we ask where it is, is: "Its no doubt with the Speaker"

If you find it mate will you check to see if my cup & glass are in there as well ?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

If you find it mate will you check to see if my cup & glass are in there as well ?
    Yeah will do... Probably is!!

Reckon they're in the same place as the next Charlton victory over Millwall
  • Options
    Our defence at set pieces
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Yeah will do... Probably is!!

Reckon they're in the same place as the next Charlton victory over Millwall
    Now you're just being silly, surely our missing items have to turn up eventually ?????? :smiley:
  • Options
    edited January 2018