Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is it time for us Boycotters to return?

Interesting point made by Blackheath Addick.

http://blackheathaddicted.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/time-to-fill-valley-again.html

Now we know “The Duche” is on his way, should we come back to support the team and help with the promotion push? As a Boycotter not quite sure how I feel about that, anyone else?

Comments

• He could replace Stoneman.
  • Not until Tone says Solly. ;)
  • CARD never called for a boycott so can't call any boycott off.

Up to each individual fan to make their own choice as to when they attend, regardless of what they think of the regime.

With luck, that decision can be made without reference to owns the club very soon.

I wasn’t suggesting they did and of course, it’s been an individuals choice, as it has been with me.

But maybe you’re right if he is out by Feb, then that isn’t too long to wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cambridge said:

Come on guys, bit of common sense needed here.
    Aim of all this was to get RD to sell, not hurt the team. RD is selling and the team need help with the promotion push. If RD changes his mind, so can you. But refusing to return now IS hurting the team, and doing nothing towards the RD decision. So to be my controversial self, boycotting is not having the intended outcome / aim. Indeed it is doing the exact thing protestors have insisted they didn't want to do.
    Feel quite strongly myself that those who refuse to help the team on the promotion push under the guise of pushing RD (when he's now going) is wrong.

Let’s get one thing straight, those staying away are not hurting the team. Teams do not get more points having 8,000 home fans in attendance than 7,000.

In fact, I wished those booing the team in the first half, giving Lennon the bird and booing Nabby Sarr the other week were boycotting as well.
    Totally agree boss.
    Now can I please have a lift the next time the trains are knackered
  • I went yesterday and I bloody enjoyed it proper like an old day, sad to see the place so empty but was a good result

Spot on
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    Boycotting does hurt the atmosphere and the image of the club which in turn may not help the team. I think for fans to return and get things on the up turn again any new owner will need to do a fair bit more than just turn up to get that process going. I’m not sure the long term damage can be fully reversed without very radical action.
  • razil said:

Boycotting does hurt the atmosphere and the image of the club which in turn may not help the team. I think for fans to return and get things on the up turn again any new owner will need to do a fair bit more than just turn up to get that process going. I’m not sure the long term damage can be fully reversed without very radical action.

I agree, as not all of the lost fans are boycotters they will/may be back but not until things have improved after new owners IMO
  • a small increase in fan numbers does not affect the team performance in my opinion; general noise levels, cheering, singing, clapping do affect atmosphere and without boycotters yesterday the right noises were produced. no it is the rest of us who would love all boycotters to return as that greater sense of solidarity/ community is felt. I wonder how many who dont now go are intentionally boycotting to hurt rd and how many just cant be arsed. We shall see in February (hopefully) . i sincerely hope it’s 2000+ of the former
  • I’ve stopped going when my Dad is away and that has nothing to do with a boycott I just rant fancy two hours in the car on my own to sit in the cold, by myself, to watch third division football.
  • I also bought kids tickets so paid a fraction of an adults tickets price