Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This season vs next season

edited January 2018 in General Charlton
I'm suprised the consortium's that have done due dilligence are not pushing harder to get the takeover done next week when you consider...

1. We're in 6th place & have already played all of the top 7 away except Shrewsbury (I.e. we've got a good 2nd half of the season fixture list without many difficult games).

2. There is a lack of big clubs to compete with in League one this yesr...but that is likely to change with the likes of potentially Birmingham and Sunderland in L1 next year.

3. We're only one proven goalscorer (not a make do winger) away from a promotion standard team this season.

4. With the exception of Fosu all of our better and most consistent players are loan players (Mavididi, Da Silva, Amos) who are unlikely to want to play in league one again next year.

Surely it makes sense to go for it this year (via getting the deal done in Jan rather than Feb to be able to sign a goalscorer) rather than having to build a whole new squad in the summer. I think we'll really struggle to keep / replace Mavididi, Da Silva and build a better side next year if we're still in league one (especially as I expect us to lose Kashi & Konsa over the next 6 months too).

Comments

• Options
    If he is demanding a ridiculously over valued fee I'd be concerned at any business people who submitted to it. Even if we got silly rich interested parties it's still a gamble with a lot of variables to gain promotion rather than a certainty.