Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anthony Stokes

edited January 2018 in General Charlton
Sorry haven’t posted for a long (very long time) ....but this is important. Do not sign Stokes, he is an IRA fan, a drunken yob and a total liability.

Comments

• How tall is he?
  • Can he score open goals from 5 yards & therefore score more than our current 5 goal a season striker(s)?
  • I doubt we are signing anyone but, in any event, it’s not exactly our choice anyway.
  • Uboat said:

kafka said:

This is England. We don’t care about his religion

OP didn't mention religion.
    So why would a rangers fan be interested or bothered if we sign a celtic player.
    I think that's pretty clear from the OP....
  • I thought that he might be a QPR fan.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018

I thought that he might be a QPR fan.

Nah, Berwick Rangers. He can't decide whether he's English or Scottish.
  • edited January 2018
    If he does come, I hope we aren’t silly enough to offer him anything more than 6 months.

I don’t think he is the answer, and I expect him to bring a lot of additional baggage. Not a fan and probably will be his last final payday in English football.
  • But surely you see anyone that doesn't actually wear an orange sash while hitting a drum as an IRA fan?
  • Weren't we supposed to have been getting him on loan when he was at Arsenal a million years ago? Sounds like he's being dumped for disciplinary issues, which would make him an odd choice given that Robinson has been making a big deal about how the squad's togetherness is what's keeping them going. Suppose we really are in needs must mode
  • Weren't we supposed to have been getting him on loan when he was at Arsenal a million years ago? Sounds like he's being dumped for disciplinary issues, which would make him an odd choice given that Robinson has been making a big deal about how the squad's togetherness is what's keeping them going. Suppose we really are in needs must mode

Yup, him and Steven Pressley were meant to be our saviours according to pardew and never happened
  • How tall is he?

Six feet, one inch. Scored a shedload of goals at Celtic and Hibs. Flopped at Sunderland, from where he was loaned to Palace in 2009: 13 apps, one goal. A few years ago he head-butted a man in a Dublin bar; a court ordered Stokes to pay the victim, who worked as an Elvis impersonator, 230,000 Euros. Simon Jordan tweeted: "That's about the same amount I paid Stokes to impersonate a footballer".

The amount of grief Elvis has given me through the wife id of headbutted him as well.
  • Uboat said:

kafka said:

It was inferred.
  • Sponsored links:

• Read the transfer thread for more info. He is available on a free from Hibs and training with us. Beggars can’t be choosers and we need a striker.
  • And long as he doesn't support Millwall or Palace I don't care who else he supports!
  • I’m sure we tried to sign over 10 years ago.
  • Sorry haven’t posted for a long (very long time) ....but this is important. Do not sign Stokes, he is an IRA fan, a drunken yob and a total liability.

Assuming all would be okay if he supported the UDA.
  • iainment said:

Uboat said:

kafka said:

It was inferred.
    By you. Unless you mean 'implied', in which case, no it wasn't.
  • Uboat said:

iainment said:

Uboat said:

kafka said:

It was inferred.
    By you. Unless you mean 'implied', in which case, no it wasn't.
    Sectarian nonsense seems to be rife amongst Rangers and Catholic fans - why would you mention Stokes supports the IRA?

Load of old bollocks....
  • My recollection is that we had a fee accepted but he chose Sunderland instead.
  • Just tried to ring Roland but it's going to answer phone
  • Just tried to ring Roland but it's going to answer phone

He's having lunch at St Truidens.

• My recollection is that we had a fee accepted but he chose Sunderland instead.

That's my memory too. At the time I was gutted. I'd be happier about signing him if TWWW hadn't been such a flop. This sounds like Wat-Wat revisited.