Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alex Willis

124»

Comments

• Options
    Ah yeah forgot about him, he's a midfielder and not a striker though
  • Options
    Will rock up in the MLS draft in a few years time
  • Options
    Be interesting to know whether he was offered a pro deal? Strange that he was well thought of throughout age groups, strikers particularly are hard to come by in recent years for charlton, and there were some Prem and champs clubs sniffing around.... had a fairly good chance of making it.
  • Options
    Could be a case of Shane Supple though... He was a highly thought of Goalkeeper @ Ipswich yet he decided to retire as he'd fallen out of love with the game.

He's now back in the game with Bohemians in Ireland. Yet for Alex, he can go to America get a scholarship and education... the MLS will be there if he wants a route back into Football yet isnt the be all now
  • Options

potentially free education if he gets full scholarship with bells on, gets to live in an amazing country and better lifestyle.

Can see why he's taken the oppurtunity.

Nah mate, he's going to live in northern Kentucky ;) (which is actually quite beautiful in places).

An interesting one to say the least. I'm a little surprised that given his success at youth level he wasn't offered something by a bigger university, but there could be various reasons for that.

I really appreciate him making this decision. I kind of wish he'd deferred for a year to give it a go in pre-season and in the U23s to see how he'd get on. That may not have been an option though, and life is full of difficult choices.

Good luck to him. I'll keep an eye out for him. Hope he does well over here.
  • Options
    Personal educational decision from a boy who went to grammar school!
  • Options
    Just outside Cincinnati.
  • Options
    This news is a few months old now, but all seems to be going to plan.  Yet another one to get away?

• Options
    Dont really class him as one that got away... Think it was really good to see in all honesty with a kid putting their education first

He can still make it in the MLS and beyond but its important he has something to fall back on afterwards

Do wonder if he'd be in our own First Team now though if he had stayed what with our Striker shortage at the moment