Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alex Willis

Comments

• Cant defend at the moment though can they? - What our Defenders like at that level at the moment, are scorelines harsh and we do actually have some good young Defenders coming through still?

This has got to be the most "Charlton" post ever. It's a thread about a player who has recently scored his 500th goal for Charlton. Someone has posted a link to a story that shows he has scored another brace (and been denied a hat-trick by being subbed off to look at a triallist; while a team-mate had already scored a hat-trick). And the first comment is about how bad we are at defending.

At a time when Charlton's recent past has been so awful and it's short-term future is in the balance, thank you for reminding me why I love this club and everything about it!
  • You can't always score 5 goals so conceding 3 isn't impressive.
  • Chizz said:

Cant defend at the moment though can they? - What our Defenders like at that level at the moment, are scorelines harsh and we do actually have some good young Defenders coming through still?

This has got to be the most "Charlton" post ever. It's a thread about a player who has recently scored his 500th goal for Charlton. Someone has posted a link to a story that shows he has scored another brace (and been denied a hat-trick by being subbed off to look at a triallist; while a team-mate had already scored a hat-trick). And the first comment is about how bad we are at defending.

At a time when Charlton's recent past has been so awful and it's short-term future is in the balance, thank you for reminding me why I love this club and everything about it!
    lol!... I'm just as delighted as anyone that he's doing so well and hope to see him in the First Team one day.

Just the score-line reminded me we've conceded 11-goals in three games
  • My plumber is his uncle.
  • irudd123 said:

My plumber is his uncle.

My uncle is his plumber
  • Oh well.
  • not loading, take it that he's left?
  • Thats a shame... To be a prolific Goalscorer in the youth levels its hard to understand why we'd release him

Can only presume (If he's going to America) that this is his decision, or even his parents choice to move out there
  • Sponsored links:

yep going to America.
  • Northern Kentucky?

yep going to America.
    Cheers, seems a strange one but for players who might not cut the grade in upper end of English football then I think it can be a good move.
  • Sounds like it was his choice to leave rather than us releasing him
  • Thats a shame... To be a prolific Goalscorer in the youth levels its hard to understand why we'd release him

Can only presume (If he's going to America) that this is his decision, or even his parents choice to move out there

It says that it is his decision.

• Good luck to him... Sounds like he's got a really leveled head if he's putting his Education so high on the agenda.

Dom Dwyer and Jack Harrison are proof that this decision could really work well for him - There is another English lad out there; Jack Elliott who plays for Philadelphia Union who has just come through the College ranks out there and was in the first MLS team of the week this season so this could even be something to benefit his career long term.

MLS certainly isnt the Retirement Home League its made out to be
  • Best wishes Alex.
  • Sounds like he is intelligent and there are some great opportunities at Universities in the USA. Football only works out for such a few youngsters one can understand it.
  • edited May 2018
    Alex Willis is one of the players that I think will make it. He has been a prolific goal scorer through the age groups. The only consolation is that he hasn't jumped ship to Chelsea or Manure. Other big Clubs were interested in signing him.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Alex Willis is one of the players that I think will make it. He has been a prolific goal scorer through the age groups. The only consolation is that he hasn't jumped ship to Chelsea or Manure. Other big Clubs were interested in signing him.

Who else do you think will make it?
  • Scoham said:

dickplumb said:

Who else do you think will make it?
    Kevin lisbie
  • potentially free education if he gets full scholarship with bells on, gets to live in an amazing country and better lifestyle.

Can see why he's taken the oppurtunity.
  • We have clearly sent him to the USA to keep him out of the hands of the Prem clutches and will bring him back when he is ready for the first team. Rolly loses out on any development fee when we sell him on to City for £250m. Bloody clever these Aussies.
  • Shame he is off given his goal scoring record. Hopefully the ownership hiatus had nothing to do with it. I hope he goes on to be very successful over there.

Why do our youth strikers always choose to move on rather than sign up...? Him, Palmer, Defoe etc... when was the last truly decent one we bought through? (Not counting Lookman who did not come through the youth set up).
  • Addickted said:

Northern Kentucky?

Them possums must be pretty big out there!
  • Shame he is off given his goal scoring record. Hopefully the ownership hiatus had nothing to do with it. I hope he goes on to be very successful over there.

Why do our youth strikers always choose to move on rather than sign up...? Him, Palmer, Defoe etc... when was the last truly decent one we bought through? (Not counting Lookman who did not come through the youth set up).

Think it's a greed thing also they may have been given some bad advice.

On the whole we are incredibly lucky to have someone like Steve Avory who has managed to convince so many young players (and their parents) to stick it out with CAFC and work toward the 1st team.

I often count how many academy products are involved in a first team squad and dread what our team would look like were it not for the talent we can call upon from the academy. Avory really does a fantastic job.

Who was Palmer?

Who was Palmer?
    Kasey Palmer, now of Chelsea and spent time with Huddersfield and Derby on loan